Thunderstorm -5-

Misana Clichés
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“We’re not a couple.” I look at Jihyo and Momo who decided to barge into my house on my relaxing Sunday afternoon, questioning me about what the and I quote ‘real score with my wife is?’

 

“You guys are a couple..you’re married.” Jihyo corrects, plopping down on my couch, scrolling, taking the remote to scroll through netflix.

 

“We are, but not in the traditional sense..Mina and I..hmm I guess we’re just a couple of besties.” I chuckle.

 

“Really? A couple of besties?” Momo deadpans, stealing the remote from Jihyo, turning off the tv, “Cause you do know how you act with her right?” Momo turns serious, casting Jihyo a look that tells me this surprise visit was very much planned.

 

“At the end of the day she’s my wife.”

 

“First you two are besties and now she’s your wife…just pick one Sana..what do you want with Mina?” Jihyo’s courtroom voice comes out.

 

“What Mina and I have right now works for us. Any more would be too much.”

 

“You do know it’s not against the law to fall for your wife right?”

 

“I know, but like I said, life isn’t like the movies. Besides, her friends have given me multiple hints that Mina doesn’t want anything more than friendship.”

 

“What do you mean by that?” Momo and Jihyo frown.

 

“They told me to understand Mina if she can’t give me more and that she has her reasons.”

 

“So her words from before still hold true..” Jihyo looks at me with sad eyes, “When we had that lunch with Mina months ago..you left for a second and I about falling in-love. She told me not to worry about it because she has no intention of letting another person in..that you won’t ever love her and that she won’t make you fall for her. That being friends is fine.”

 

“See…Mina doesn’t want it.”

 

“You do know that all this time you have yet to say you don’t want to have more with her.”

 

“Just be honest with us, Satang…” Momo’s voice was soft.

 

“What good would it do…I can never tell Mina.”

 

“Why not?” Momo frowns.

 

“Because she told me so..”

 

Sana was worried, it was already past 1am and Mina was still not home. Usually the girl would let her know if she was running late for any reason, but not today.

 

“Hello? Jeongyeon, it’s Sana.” She finally caves and calls Jeongyeon, “Mitang had a morning shift today, but she isn’t home yet..she hasn’t texted either..did something come up?”

 

“Mina? She…wait…” Sana hears shuffling in the background, “Ah ..Sana don’t worry. We’ll bring her home.” Jeongyeon quickly says before hanging up, effectively making Sana worry even more.

 

An hour later, Jeongyeon arrives with a drunk Mina passed out on her back.

 

“What happened? I’ve never seen her like this....” Sana trails off, leading Jeongyeon to their bedroom.

 

“Don’t worry, she’ll be fine by morning.” Jeongyeon replies, while putting an IV in Mina’s arm, “It’s okay if you leave this overnight.” The girl turns to Sana with a forced smile.

 

“Jeongyeon.” Sana stops the taller girl from leaving, “Just let her be Sana..this day is always rough on her. I’ll see myself out…goodnight.” Jeongyeon leaves quickly, leaving Sana alone with a passed out Mina.

 

“What can I do for you to finally let me in?” Sana sighs, taking off Mina’s shoes, tucking her wife in properly, before leaving to grab a washcloth to wipe Mina’s face.

 

~

 

“I’m sorry.” Mina mumbles in her sleep, “It was my fault…I’m sorry..I’m sorry.” Mina mumbles over and over, her eyebrows furrowed.

 

“Mitang…Hey, hey.” Sana wakes up to Mina who seemed to be having a nightmare, “I’m sorry…I couldn’t do anything..I’m sorry..It’s all my fault..I’m sorry.”

 

“Mitang please wake up.” Sana tries to wake Mina up, “Mitang!” Sana finally yells, waking Mina up. The girl sitting up, panting, “What..where..Sana?” Mina’s gaze finds a teary eyed Sana, “Satang..did I startle you? I’m sorry.” Mina’s voice was soft, her heart aching seeing Sana looking distressed, helpless.

 

“No..I..you didn’t…I just..” Sana gets up, “Let me go make you some tea.”

 

“Sana.” Mina stops her from leaving, “It’s late, let’s just go back to sleep. I’ll be fine.”

 

“Okay.” Sana nods, getting back in bed, even though she knows Mina’s lying and that she’s far from fine.

 

My best friend passed away because of me.” Mina suddenly says, surprising Sana.

 

“We were in high school..and the kidnappers thought that she was me...I had leant her my school jacket, because she had gotten a stain on her shirt. So they took her, right in front of my eyes. My family’s security was quick to chase after them and they knew that so they began to drive recklessly..causing them to collide head-on with a semi truck. The kidnappers in the front of the van died and the others were seriously injured..and my best friend..Kaori..she..”

 

“Mina..you don’t..”

 

“It was my fault…if I hadn’t offered her my jacket then..they wouldn’t have taken her…it should be me that died..not her…me..I’m the person they wanted..so then why..” Mina begins to cry, her body shaking and Sana quickly engulfs the girl in her arms.

 

“It wasn’t your fault Mina. You didn’t know people were after you. Please don’t blame yourself for that.” Sana whispers, trying to take even a fraction of the guilt and burden away from Mina.

 

After a while, Mina finally calmed down, “Are you okay now?” Sana asks softly.

 

“I am..” Mina nods, “I’m sorry that you had to..I mean…I..”

 

“Hey no, don’t apologise..I’m actually glad that you’ve let me in.” Sana offers a small smile.

 

“Well Jeong and them know, so I should let my wife know too.”

 

“Oh so we’re at that point in our relationship huh.”

 

“Well if by relationship you mean friendship then yes. I trust you Sana, you're now one of my best friends. Although this marriage is just on paper, just know that when you find someone you love, just tell me and we can end this whole thing.”

 

“What if I told you that I wanted us to work?” Sana says, teasingly..only slightly serious.

 

“I’d..” Mina begins with a soft smile that fades away as she shakes her head, “We would never work.” Mina avoids Sana’s gaze, “There’s something else I’ve kept from you and I don’t know if you’d look at me the same once you find out.”

 

“What?” Sana frowns.

 

“I’ll tell you one day..when my heart is ready for you to hate me.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter