Thunderstorm -2-

Misana Clichés
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Trigger warning: There will be mention of death and other sensitive topics in this story.

 

“So we heard.” Nayeon and Jihyo corner me in my office with stupid smirks on their faces.

 

“Heard what?” I ask, my attention back on the files on my desk.

 

“That you two are going on a honeymoon!” The two squeal excitedly.

 

“We already had a honeymoon.”

 

“A weekend trip to Hokkaido doesn’t count, especially one where you worked the entire time.” Jihyo points out.

 

“But this is still not a honeymoon.”

 

“Fine, but it’s still a trip you two are taking alone.” Nayeon’s stupid smirk is back on her face.

 

“It is.” I say, letting the two get a bit excited before ruining it for them, “but,”

 

“Ah no buts Sana.” They whine and I chuckle.

 

“You’re seriously messing with us right now?”

 

“You guys are jumping to conclusions, it’s just a trip.” I shake my head.

 

“That you are taking with your wife, alone. Emphasis on the alone.” Nayeon says with flailing arms.

 

“There’s a medical conference in Milan that Mina wants to attend.”

 

“So you’re going to attend this with her..awwww.” Jihyo puts a hand on her heart, looking at me all soft.

 

“No, I’m going to attend a few meetings with investors. Now, if that’s all don’t you both have a law firm to run?”

 

“So it’s a work trip..damn Momo got our hopes up for nothing.” Nayeon grumbles.

 

“Next time you tell Momo you’re going on a trip with Mina…make sure you specify it’s a work trip.” Jihyo shakes her head, “Anyways, let's go grab a late lunch. We rushed over here and forgot to grab food on the way. Should have moved our office to the upper west side when we had the chance.” Jihyo complains looking at Nayeon.

 

“Hey we got a steal and the upper east side isn’t so bad and it’s not even that far?!”

 

“Okay if you two are done,” I interrupt their bickering, “I can’t have lunch with you.”

 

“Eh? Why not? It’s almost 1, you should eat something.”

 

“I will, Mina should be here soon, she didn’t tell me she wasn’t coming today.”

 

“Wait..you two are going to eat here? For lunch?” Nayeon and Jihyo look at me with wide eyes again.

 

“Mhm..we’ve been having lunch for like 2 weeks actually.”

 

“WHAT?!” Nayeon and Jihyo yell in my face.

 

“You and wifey have a daily lunch date here?!” Nayeon gestures around my office.

 

“It helps that the hospital’s a 15 minute drive.” I nod.

 

“Okay but this is New York it’s more like a 30..but that’s not the point right now.” Jihyo shakes her head, “The point is, you and Mina have lunch together every day..for 2 weeks and you didn’t bother to share this with any of us?”

 

“It’s just lunch.”

 

“It is not just lunch…we need the how?”

 

“Mrs. Myoui.”

 

“Yes James, what is it?” Sana asks, not bothering to look away from her screen.

 

“Your wife is here.”

 

“My who?” Sana says frowning.

 

“Uhm Dr. Myoui Mina is here.” James clarifies.

 

“Oh..send her in.” Sana nods, finally looking away from her computer.

 

“Yes ma’am.”

 

“Oh and James, please don’t let her wait outside like a stranger. If she’s here just let her inside.”

 

“I tried to tell her, but she insisted.”

 

“Alright no worries. Thank you.” Sana smiles at her secretary before he excused himself to let Mina in.

 

“Thank you James.” Mina thanks the man politely.

 

“So what do I owe the pleasure of seeing my wife in my office?” Sana asks as Mina makes her way over.

 

“Well Momo was going to bring this over to you, but she saw me and well now I’m here with lunch.” Mina smiles, lifting the subway bags that she had behind her back.

 

“Jeez, I can’t believe that brat bothered you for something like this. I told her I was fine.”

 

“Do you skip lunch often?” Mina asks, sitting on the chair in front of Sana’s desk.

 

“I try not to.” Sana lies.

 

“You should still eat, even if it’s a small snack.” Mina frowns.

 

“I..”

 

“No excuses.” Mina interrupts, “Now, move those documents away and let’s eat.”

 

“Wait, you're eating here too?”

 

“Well yeah, why? I can’t?” Mina says with a slight pout.

 

“Of course you can, but don’t you have to be at the hospital?”

 

“It’s okay. They’ll page if something’s up.” Mina smiles and the two begin to eat quietly. Usually, they have someone with them who helps fill the quiet space, like Momo, who spent all of Sunday lounging around their place. So now that’s it just them, the silence is deafening..well more so for Sana who would usually be talking nonstop as well… as for Mina..she doesn’t mind the silence too much, because well they really don’t have anything to talk about.

 

“So how’s your day?” Sana asks, wanting to finally get rid of the dead air around them.

 

“Not too bad, no major surgeries..yet. Mostly helping out in the emergency department..how about you?”

 

“It’s okay..I’ve had a few meetings here and there, but other than that it’s just reviewing reports.”

 

“That’s boring.” Mina deadpans and Sana lets a soft chuckle out at the bluntness of her wife, “It is, but it pays our bills.” She jokes.

 

“This is true, maybe I should stop working and be a stay at home wife.” Mina teases.

 

“Oh so you do know how to joke around.” The two continue to tease and banter, “Hmm only sometimes.”

 

~

 

“Mrs. Myoui, your wife’s here again.” James communicates over the intercom, “Send her in.”

 

“Knock knock.” Mina enters with a smile.

 

“What are you doing here again? Aren’t you on night shift?” Sana asks, surprised to see her wife for the 3rd time this week.

 

“I am, but I thought we could have lunch again.” Mina lifts up the takeout bag, “I brought chinese food.”

 

“I won’t say no to free food.”

 

“Aww don’t want to see me? I thought we’d be friends now.” Mina pouts, setting the containers on Sana’s desk.

 

“Are we?”

 

“I..can we?” Mina asks shyly and Sana finds herself unable to deny her wife’s request, “Yeah..I think we can.”

 

“Okay.” Mina smiles widely, her gums showing.

 

“And with that said, you can just come here directly, you don’t have to wait for James.”

 

“I didn’t want to interrupt in case you're busy or if you had someone here.” Mina shrugs, and if the latter part of her sentence meant anything else, Sana chose to ignore it, “I’m always busy, but my friends don’t seem to mind..except for you. So I’m giving you the same rights to barge in like Momo and them do, but please don’t make me regret it.” Sana jokes.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter