With You -9-

Misana Clichés
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“WHAT'S THE EMERGENCY!” Jihyo, Jeongyeon, and Momo all stumble into Sana’s condo. Sana had been renting her condo out when she moved in with Mina. After the accident Mina and the others moved her things back, since there was no tenant at the time.

 

“Dining Room!” Sana shouts and the trio all look at each other.

 

“Deja vu.” They say in unison and chuckle.

 

"What's up Sattang?" Momo asks, noticing the Chinese takeout sprawled on the dining table.

 

“Thought I’d gather you guys for dinner…it’s been a while.” 

 

“Whatever you want from us, just say it.” Momo plops down on the chair already putting food on her plate, “Itadakimasu.”

 

“Well, I need your advice.” Sana sits down, along with Jeongyeon and Jihyo.

 

“What kind of advice? Must be something big if you called us here with an SOS.” 

 

“You guys remember Dahyun?”

 

“Kim Dahyun? You’re ‘she’s so gorgeous I can’t even function properly Jeongyeonnie’ Dahyun?” Jeongyeon asks.

 

“Yep, the one and only.”

 

“Yeah we remember, what’s up with her?”

 

“Well, turns out she’s the new rep for one of our clients.”

 

“Okay??” Jeongyeon looks at Momo and Jihyo who had furrowed brows.

 

“She asked me out for dinner.”

 

“LIKE A DATE!” The three chorus together, Jeongyeon and Jihyo on their feets.

 

“Will you two sit down, why are you being so dramatic.”

 

“But what about Mina? We like her! She’s great!” Momo speaks up, the other two nodding in agreement.

 

“That’s why I need advice.” Sana sighs, twiddling her fingers, “Dahyun was my crush and now she’s asking me out? Kim Dahyun who’s gorgeous, smart, funny, well established..I would be a fool to say no.”


“But??” 

 

“But then there’s Mina.” Sana smiles, the image of Mina’s smiling face popping into her head, “And she’s…I don’t know..I mean yeah she’s gorgeous, smart, funny, and well established too, albeit annoying sometimes and clingy. She’s always there ever since I woke up in the hospital, she's been by my side even if I wanted her to or not.” 

 

-Flashback: A month after Sana woke up-

 

“Hey there Ms. Minatozaki.” Mina slides Sana’s door open with a smile, “I brought you lunch.”

 

“You didn’t have to Dr. Myoui, the nurses could’ve done it.” Sana replies, her injuries are still recovering but she’s able to sit up without too much pain and eat more solid food now. 

 

“I know, but I also wanted to say hello to my favourite patient.”

 

“Oh and what makes me your favourite?” Sana asks, since waking up she’s felt a pull towards Dr. Myoui, but Sana just thinks it’s because the doctor’s visuals are blinding. Like the universe definitely took their time crafting this one.

 

“Hmm..that’s my own little secret, maybe I’ll tell you one day.” Mina smiles, “Now, come and say ahh.” 

 

“You don’t have to feed me, I’m not a kid.” Sana tries to take the spoon away from Mina’s hand, “I know, now ahhh.” 

 

“You’re pretty stubborn.” Sana huffs.

 

“It’s what makes me a good doctor, now ahhh.” 

 

~ ~ ~

 

Sana was frustrated with herself, she hates how she can't remember, she hates how her legs aren't functioning like she knew she can. She just wants to go back to how things were.

 

"Hey," She feels an arm on her shoulder, "You're doing great, you know that right?" Mina hands her a bottle of water, sitting next to her as she takes a quick break from her physical therapy. The soft almost loving tone caught Sana off guard. She was used to Mina being sweet towards her but she figured that it was Mina being extra good to her because apparently they were friends before but Sana doesn’t remember that. 

 

"My mind knows how to walk, but my legs don't want to move the way they want to." Sana sighs, looking at everyone else in the room who were all working hard on recovery.

 

"It'll take time, this is only your third session. Rome wasn't built in a day right?"

 

"Right." Sana nods, feeling better, "Just take it slowly, I know you'll be running around soon enough." Mina gets up, feeling her pager buzz in her coat pocket, “I have to go, you got this! Ganbare Miss.Minatozaki." Mina gives her a soft smile before running off.

 

"Ready to start again?" Sana's physical therapist asks after a few more minutes of rest.

 

"Yep! Ganbare!" Sana cheers, chuckling softly, "That's the spirit." Her pt laughs along.

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

It's been a few days since Sana last saw Mina, she didn't want to admit it, but she did miss the cute doctor. She missed how Mina would pop in to say hi, how she'd bring her lunch and eat with her, how she'd pop by during some of her pt sessions to cheer her on.

 

"Knock knock." A familiar blonde nurse peeks her head inside the room, "Oh Chaeyoung-ah!" Sana greets the nurse that she's grown close to while being at the hospital, "Hey Sana, you doing okay?" Chaeyoung steps inside.

 

"Yep, just a little bored. I don't have my annoying doctor here." She jokes and Chaeyoung smiles, "Well why don't we go annoy her?" Chaeyoung offers, motioning towards the folded wheelchair in the room.

 

When they arrived inside the emergency department a sense of déjà vu hit Sana. It felt like she's seen this before; Mina with her hair tied in a high pony, glasses cutely perched on the bridge of her nose, reviewing something on the computer.

 

"Dr. Penguin," A little girl in a hospital gown runs to Mina, who squats down to meet the little girl's gaze, "Nako-chan did you run off again?" Mina asks and the girl shakes her head, "I got Dr. Bunny to take me here." The little girl chuckles pointing behind her where Nayeon and her mom was, "What's going on?" Mina stands up, when Nayeon heads over to them, "Blood draw, she wants you to do it. Sounds like a familiar patient." Nayeon chuckles.

 

"Ahh." Mina nods, squatting down again, "Nako-chan, we have to get some blood from your arm okay?"

 

"But it's scary." Nako pouts, hugging her penguin plushie tighter, "I'll be right there to hold your hand okay?" Mina tenderly pats the little girl's head.

 

"Alright, come on." Mina stands up, offering her hand to the little girl which she happily takes, "Have the phlebotomist come here to take her blood," Mina pauses in step when her eyes meet Sana's, offering the girl a small smile, "I'll come by later." She mouths to Sana who nods.
 

-End Flashback-

 

After Sana recounts her days at the hospital Jihyo and Momo looked at Jeongyeon, eyes pleading.

 

We need to tell her.

 

"Sounds to me like you already have your answer." Jeongyeon subtly shakes her head at the two, this is something that Mina needs to tell Sana herself, "My question is, what's holding you back?" It didn't make sense to Jeongyeon, from the sound of it, Sana was equally interested in Mina, so what's been holding her back?

 

"Mina's in love with someone else and she's confusing me because why would you make me feel all these things if you're in love with someone else? Maybe I should just go out with Dahyu, it's one dinner. I'm not going to be Mina's rebound." Sana grabs her phone texting away, but before she could hit send Momo quickly grabs her phone, "Wait wait, Sattang, what makes you think that she's in love with someone else."

 

"I saw her lock screen once, there was a photo of a woman with her back turned staring at the sunset. It's a well taken photo, you can tell it was taken because the person behind the camera was so captivated not by the view but by the person. Just by seeing that I knew who she was looking at when they watched the sunset together.”

 

"AHHHHH I can't do this anymore." Jihyo stands up frustrated, "Sana, listen to me okay."

 

"Jihyo no." Momo and Jeongyeon stand up, "What's going on?" Sana was confused, what was she missing?

 

"Ji..." Jeongyeon silently pleads.

 

"You...ugh fine." Jihyo sits back down.

 

"Guys, what am I missing?" Sana was now the one frustrated.

 

"It's nothing, ignore Jihyo.” Momo waves her off, “Listen Sattang, if you want to go on that dinner with Dahyun then go, it doesn’t have to mean anything. It could just be two old classmates catching up. It’s up to you whether or not you tell Mina about this too. But whatever you decide we’ll all support you, even Mina. But just know that Mina is not in love with anyone else, that’s something I know without a shadow of doubt. I’ll bet my life on that.” 

 

Cause she loves you more than anything else in this world. Just you. No one else. 

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

“Oh? This is new.” Mina approaches Sana who was seated in the waiting room, “Why are you here? Miss me?” She smirks. 

 

“Maybe?” Sana chuckles, “I brought you dinner.” Sana lifts a bag, “I didn’t have time to get anything else but conve..”

 

“It’s perfect.” Mina takes the bag, feeling tears start to well up but she blinks them away before Sana could notice, “So, what is it that you need?”

 

“Why do you assume that I need something? Can’t I just come here and see you with food? You literally do the same to me almost everyday.” She flicks Mina’s head playfully, but Mina just gives her a ‘Just tell me what it is’ look and Sana caves, “Fine..” She motions for them to sit down, “I just..I don’t know why I feel so anxious about this now when I agreed to it a few days ago or why I have this need to tell you bu..”

 

“You’re going on a date tonight right?” Mina interrupts Sana’s rambling.

 

“How’d you know?” 

 

“I just figured from the way you're acting right now. Plus, you did your hair and you have a bit more makeup on.” Mina points out.

 

“Oh..” Snaa giggles, “Was I that obvious?”

 

“Maybe.” Mina teases, “You look beautiful as always.” Mina’s tone was sincere, that soft look in her eyes back.

 

“I..” Sana suddenly feels shy under Mina’s gaze, “Thank you.”

 

“Hmm.” Mina hums, lifting a hand out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter