Enchanted -9-

Misana Clichés
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina couldn’t sleep after that call, her mind coming up with contingency plan after contingency plan. 

 

“Akira.” Mina calls the girl even though it's 4 in the morning, “Have Yashiro’s team follow the princess anywhere. I don’t care if we have to infiltrate the palace. I need one of you to have eyes on her at all times.” 

 

“Roger that.” Akira replies, already sending secure messages.

 

“I won’t be in class tomorrow, so I’ll leave this to you. Keep the princess safe….please.” Mina ordered and Akira caught the subtle inflection in her tone. 

 

“Mina.” Akira couldn't help herself, “What does the princess mean to you?” 

 

“Our role is to protect the crown even if the royal family knows it or not.” 

 

“That wasn’t my question.”

 

“Akira don’t push it.” Mina’s tone was stern, giving Akira the answer.

 

“We’ll protect her Mina, don’t worry.” 

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

The meeting with the Emperor and the Empress was privately held in an underground meeting room.

 

“So you’re Mina-chan.” Empress Yuki smiles tenderly at Mina.

 

“Empress.” Mina bows respectfully, “It’s a pleasure to meet you.”

 

“It is, I’ve heard so much about you from Sana.” The Empress comments, catching Mina off guard but the girl is able to keep her composure and nods in response. 

“Hmm.” the Emperor eyes Mina through squinted eyes, making Mina nervous for other reasons, “You know my daughter.”

 

“Yes your majesty, we’re classmates.” 

 

“I see.” Emperor Ryuusei nods.

 

“Your majesty,” Mina’s dad, Shusuke, interrupts, “We need to discuss the current problem. The princess is in danger.”

 

“But they haven’t made their move yet right?”

 

“Yes, but that’s only because of Mina.” Shusuke sends a subtle glare towards his daughter.

 

“Oh and why is that?” Sana’s parents look at the girl. 

 

“Akira had mentioned that they had sent a team over to tail the princess. I just cut the tail off.”

 

“Alone without backup, almost getting yourself killed, and then sneaking off to go to school. You think I didn’t know?” Shusuke looks at his daughter, “Akira’s training menu leaves you battered or bruised but not bleeding out.” 

 

“Sir,” Kei speaks up, “Right now is not the time to bring this up.” 

 

“I’m sorry,” Shusuke’s sighs, “Back to the matter at hand, their movements have gotten more erratic. Making it harder to track, but we know for sure that they are in Tokyo. We’ve increased the security around the princess and even sent agents inside the school.”

 

“Mina and her team wi..”

 

“Not Mina.” The Empress interrupts.

 

“Empress, Mina and her team are the best. I assure you that they will accomplish this mission.”

 

“That’s not it, Shusuke. This is risky and you're sending your daughter?” 

 

“Mina and her team are the best, they have the highest chance of coming back.” Shusuke looks at his daughter with a worried look in his eyes.

 

“I will come back. Don’t worry, I’ve already worked it all out. We have to start small, dismantle everything from the inside out. We can’t be too rash about it.”

 

“Alright. I’ll allow you to take the lead on this then Myoui Mina.” The Emperor looks at the young girl, “But you have to promise me that no harm will come to my daughter.” 

 

“Your majesty, I promise you that no harm will come to the princess. I will protect her.”

“Good that’s all I ask.” The Emperor nods.

 

~

 

“Mina-chan.” The Empress calls Mina back as everyone exits the meeting.

 

“Yes?” 

 

“May I have a word?”

 

“Of course.” Mina follows after the older woman towards her study.

 

“Come here.” The Empress motions for Mina to stand by the window with her, “Do you see that wisteria tree in the garden?” 

 

“I do.” Mina nods, recognizing that spot. 

 

“That’s Sana’s favourite place in this entire palace. I’d often catch her sitting there reading or just thinking.” Empress Yuki begins, “From a young age Sana’s been aware of the responsibility she has to carry. She forced herself to hide her emotions, her wants, because one day she will be the one to lead this country. So when she asked us to allow her to attend school, I was surprised but also relieved. I thought ‘Ah, she’s finally learning to find the balance between her duties as the princess and just being Sana.’ A teenager that wants to be silly with friends, hang out after school, smile, laugh, maybe even cry.” The empress turns her head and smiles at Mina, “I am the Empress, but I am also her mother. I want to not only protect her safety but also her hap

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter