With You -8-

Misana Clichés
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Good afternoon Honey," Mina greets Sana with a soft smile, "Sorry I haven't been stopping by, I was on night shift. But I'm finally off so I can hang out with you again."

 

"Not you again." Sana groans, rubbing her forehead, "And would you stop calling me Honey." She huffs.

 

"Hmm." Mina just hums, "I brought you lunch."

 

"I already had lunch." Sana says, but her stomach began to growl at the smell of the bento Mina brought,

 

"Right, okay." Mina chuckles, "Just eat with me."

 

"You do know this is my office right? And it's working hours?" Sana questions and Mina smiles at the question, her mind going back to when Sana would show up in the emergency room for the simplest thing just to see her.

 

"This is the emergency room of a hospital, Ms. Minatozaki."

 

"I know, but I'm a patient."

 

"I know, but I'm a client." Mina smiles.

 

"Client since when? Thought you were a doctor?"

 

"Mhm, but a friend of mine started a business here, so she needs a marketing consultant."

 

"A part of me feels like you're lying." Sana squints her eyes at Mina, "I'm really not, you can even call Jeongyeon to check."

 

"Hmmm, fine. Let's set up a formal meeting between you and your friend."

 

"She's out of the country right now, but she's given me full control over finding a good marketing firm."

 

"Alright," Sana breathes out, wondering what she did to have this annoying, but gorgeous doctor, pestering her all the time.

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

"Dr. Myoui Mina," Nayeon and Chaeyoung corner Mina, who looks extremely exhausted.

 

"Oh, my full name and title, am I in trouble Mom?" Mina teases, "Yes." They nod in unison, arms crossed.

 

"Alright, what did I doahhh." Mina yawns.

 

"That that." Nayeon points a finger, "Yawn?"

 

"Mina." Nayeon pulls up one of the chairs, sitting in front of her best friend, "You need rest."

 

"I rest."

 

"No, you don't. You use all your free time either going to see Sana or helping Tzuyu out, you spend more time with my girlfriend than me! Plus, she's been friends with Sana...do you really need to be as hands on?" Chaeyoung whines.

 

"Mina.." Nayeon sighs, "You need to take it easy please."

 

"I'm fine guys, I really..." Mina stumbles a bit when she tries to walk away from her two very concerned friends, "You're not." Nayeon holds Mina.

 

You haven't been fine for a months now. Nayeon thinks, letting Mina go after she has her footing again, "Jeongyeon’s going to be here any minute, she's going to take you home and you're gonna rest. No working and no visiting Sana you hear me?"

 

"But Nay."

 

"Mina. Do you understand?" Nayeon talks to Mina like she's a mother scolding her child, and Mina knows that Nayeon is doing this for her sake. She knows that she's been pushing herself, but what else can she do? This is the only way she can be close to Sana.

 

~ ~

 

"Sorry for bothering you Jeong." Mina sighs while she heads inside with Jeongyeon behind her, "First of all, this is no bother. We've been worried about you." Jeongyeon sighs, watching as Mina plops on the lounge chair in the living room, energy visibly drained, "It hasn't been easy, but what more for you." She sits on the couch looking at Mina.

 

"You know." Mina begins, eyes trained to the ceiling, "when she first woke up, I was so relieved…so happy. Even though I knew the prognosis was good, a part of me was still terrified. Lots of what-ifs ran through my mind..."

 

-Flashback: After the accident-

 

"The surgery was a success. She's being moved to the private ICU room per your father's request." Dr. Watanabe smiles, patting Mina on the shoulder, "Thank you." Mina bows deeply.

 

"C'mon let's get changed and go see her." Nayeon pulls Mina with her to change out of their scrubs, "Her ICU room is on the 7th floor, if you take the elevators over there you'll see the signs. We'll come up soon." Nayeon tells Momo and the others who all rushed to the hospital after they got the call.

 

Inside the staff changing room, Mina just stood there. Her heart was at ease, but there was still this nagging anxiety in the depths of her heart.

 

"Hey." Nayeon pulls Mina from her thoughts, "Go shower, I'll wait here." Mina turns her head to see Nayeon's already showered and changed into regular clothes, "Hmm." Mina hums.

 

~

 

Mina was used to the beeps and hums of the hospital. Only ever minding them when they don't buzz or beep like she's used to but when she walks inside the ICU seeing all the tubes attached to Sana, the beeps, hums, buzz, they've never sounded so loud. The sound was so loud it felt like her eardrums were going to burst at the sheer volume.

 

"Mina." Jeongyeon, Jihyo, and Momo gather around her, "Thank you." They pull Mina into a group hug, Momo pulling Nayeon to join.

 

"She should be waking up in a few hours." Mina speaks, blinking away the tears that threatened to fall again, "I've already called her parents, they're on the first flight back." Mina takes one of the empty seats next to Sana's bed.

"Okay." Jihyo nods, "We'll go grab some food. Momo told me you guys have been working nonstop."

 

"It's okay I'm not that hungry." Mina shakes her head.

 

"You can eat it later, Minari. I'll go with you guys." Nayeon looks at the others, everyone silently agreeing to leave Mina alone with Sana, "We'll be back." Nayeon whispers, kissing the top of Mina's head hoping to offer her some sort of comfort at the small gesture.

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

Mina stayed in the call room even though it was still technically her day off. Her colleagues did not question it because most of them were there when Mina and Nayeon had to save Sana, and just told the others not to ask questions.

 

"Mina!!" Nayeon rushes in, breathless, waking Mina up who only fell asleep about an hour ago,"She's awake."

 

“Let’s go.” Mina rushes out, typing away on the phone to let their friends and family know.

 

The two made it to the 7th floor ICU ward on the other side of the hospital in record time, but when they got to the door Mina stopped, grip on the handle tight, "Hey." Nayeon places a hand over Mina's, "You okay?"

 

"Yeah, I just...l feel so relieved." Mina wipes her eyes, "I don't want her to scold me for crying." She smiled for the first time in 37 hours, she smiled.

 

"Dork." Nayeon shakes her head, her own heart feeling relieved.

 

When Mina slid the door open and her eyes landed on Sana, an air of relief flooded Mina’s system. Sana still had some wires and lines attached to her, but the tracheal tube was gone.

 

"Dr. Myoui, Dr. Im." Dr. Watanabe nods at the two who bow in return, "That was fast, I thought I'd have her scans done first." He smiles a bit at the two, “But since you’re both here you can assist if you’d like.”

 

“Alright.” Mina glances at Sana who hasn’t glanced her way once since entering the room. 

 

‘Something’s up.’ Mina and Nayeon make eye contact, ‘This isn’t like the Sana I know.’ The two converse with their glances. 

 

“You two going to stand there or?” Dr. Watanabe pulls them out of their little mental conversation.

 

“Ah yes,” Nayeon gestures for Mina to move, “Ms. Minatozaki, we'll be taking you to radiology to get some scans. Is that alright?” Nayeon asks permission.

 

“Yes, that’s alright.” Sana nods, her eyes looking at Nayeon and then at Mina. Sana’s stare lingered at Mina for a bit, wondering why she felt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter