Letters (Final)

Misana Clichés
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Mitang!” Sana jumps on Mina’s back pulling her in for a back hug.

 

“Oh Satang..careful.” Mina warns while Sana giggles happily, “What are you doing here?” Sana asks letting Mina go, finding it odd that Mina’s at the mall instead of at home playing her game.

 

“I’m just waiting for my..”

 

“Oh there you are!” A girl with short black hair clings onto Mina, and Sana tries her best to keep a smile on her face.

 

“Chaeyoung-ah.” Mina smiles at the girl, and Sana’s possessive instinct automatically kicks in, her hand reaching for Mina’s hand, “Hmm what’s up?” Mina looks down at their hands and back up at Sana, “Nothing..I..your friend?” Sana lets go of Mina’s hand.

 

“Yeah this is Son Chaeyoung, she also works at the cafe. Chae, this is Minatozaki Sana, she’s my friend and she’s also dating Nayeon.”

 

“Hello.” Chaeyoung introduces herself politely to Sana, while Sana tries to brush the irk she felt when Mina had to clarify who she’s dating.

 

We’re not exclusive. Sana wanted to say, but she held her tongue, “It’s nice to meet you Chaeyoung..I haven’t seen you at the cafe before.”

 

“Chaeng only works a few times, her schedule is more hectic than mine.” Mina clarifies, another thing that annoyed Sana.

 

“I see, by the way Mitang, are you free tomorrow?”

 

“Uhm I should be.” Mina thinks briefly to see if she made plans with anyone.

 

“Great! Do you want to try that one waffle place that opened up near the cafe?”

 

“Oh..” Mina’s face looks apologetic, “Why?” Sana asks with a sad tone.

 

“Momoring and I went there before I came over here.” Mina admits.

 

“Momoring?” Sana raises a brow.

 

“Hirai Momo…your best friend.” Mina chuckles.

 

“I know..I just..didn’t know you guys are close.” Sana replies, and Mina isn’t sure if her eyes are playing tricks on her or what, but she could have sworn the girl’s pout got poutier, if that’s even a thing.

 

“Ah it’s an inside joke.” Mina chuckles, “How about we go grab ice cream instead? My treat?” Mina suggests, after seeing the kicked puppy look on Sana’s face.

 

“Really?!” Sana perks up immediately.

 

“Yeah, I’ll text you?”

 

“Okay!” Sana agrees, “Great! Anyways, Chaeng and I gotta go...I’ll see you later Satang.”

 

“Alright bye bye Mitang..and it was nice to meet you Chaeyoung!” Sana let’s Mina leave with Chaeyoung.

 

“What was that?” Chaeyoung asks Mina after they were out of ear shot.

 

“What was what?” Mina asks, confused.

 

“She was totally glaring at me earlier.

 

“Sana? She can’t even hurt a fly.”

 

“Mina…” Chaeyoung sighs, “Sometimes you are too slow.”

 

“Hey~” Mina whines, lightly hitting Chaeyoung’s shoulder.

 

“Okay okay, but do you like her?”

 

“Didn’t you hear the part where I said she’s dating Nayeon?”

“You didn’t say no.”

 

“And I didn’t say yes.”

 

“So it’s a yes.” Chaeyoung nods.

 

“Chaeyoung please drop it.”

 

“I will when you admit it.”

 

“I can’t admit to a lie.”

 

“I hate when you get stubborn…you never back down.”

 

“I’m not being stubborn.”

 

“Yeah yeah sure.” Chaeyoung rolls her eyes at her friend.

 

“Son Chaeyoung.”

 

“What?” Chaeyoung puts her hands up in mock defeat.

 

“Drop. it.” Mina was stern.

 

“You’re only hurting yourself.” Chaeyoung whispers to herself.

 

“What was that?”

 

“Nothing, I said let’s go.” Chaeyoung drags Mina towards the art supply shop.

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

“Hey are you okay?” Nayeon asks, taking a seat in front of Sana at the restaurant they promised to meet at. They’ve been going out for 2 months now, but they still don’t have a label. Sana enjoys being with Nayeon, she finds the girl’s easy-going personality charming and she’s fun to be around. As for Nayeon, she’s letting Sana steer their relationship, she knows she wants more from Sana, like a label..but she also understands and is willing to wait.

 

“Oh Nayeon-chan you’re here.” Sana puts a smile on her face when she sees the brunette.

 

“I’m here, but are you?”

 

“I..sorry.” Sana apologises for getting caught.

 

“Don’t be..is there anything wrong? You can tell me, if you’d like.”

 

“It’s nothing. I’m just thinking about things.”

“Okay.” Nayeon nods, “Do you want to just skip this?”

 

“Huh? But you called every day to make reservations.”

 

“It’s fine..just trust me?” Nayeon asks, her words echoing Mina’s from the day she took Sana to the arcade.

 

“Where are we going?” Sana takes Nayeon’s outstretched hand.

 

“You’ll see.”

 

~

 

“Tada~” Nayeon smiles, taking Sana to the convenience store near the Han River.

 

“Eh?” Sana was confused.

 

“Just grab whatever you want to eat or drink.” Nayeon urges and Sana does as told.

 

After 15 minutes or so of shopping, Nayeon grabs all the food and leads Sana back outside.

 

“Nayeon, what are we doing?” Sana asks while Nayeon keeps walking ahead.

 

“Picnic by the river, although I don’t have a blanket, we can use my coat.” Nayeon says with a smile, “You look like you just need a breather. So let’s do that.” Sana smiles at this.

 

After a few more minutes of mindless wandering, Nayeon finally settled on a patch of grass overlooking the river. Placing the carton of food down, the girl moves to take her coat off when Sana stops her, “It’s cold, just keep it on. We can just keep the food inside the carton.”

 

“Alright.” Nayeon settles down, and Sana follows her motion. The two eat quietly, watching as the sky begins to turn golden, “It’s sunset.” Nayeon says.

 

“It is.” Sana eyes the sunset, a dreamy look on her face, “This was how I imagined you’d be.” She admits.

 

“Hmm?” Nayeon looks at Sana, putting her chopsticks down.

 

“From your letters.” Sana looks at Nayeon, “I know I shouldn’t have made assumptions but I had this image of you in my head, of what kind of person you are, how you act, everything.”

 

“Oh I see.” Nayeon nods, “I’m not very good at expressing some of my inner thought

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter