Enchanted -6-

Misana Clichés
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You have been quiet all day.” Mina sits by Sana, who was watching as the others attempted to play volleyball at the gym. 

 

“Hmm?” Sana turns to Mina briefly.

 

“What’s on your mind? Is it finals?” Mina asks, the semester is coming to end and Christmas break is just around the corner.

 

“I think it should be you that’s more worried about finals..since you always doze off in class.” Sana smiles lightly. 

 

“Class is boring.” Mina deadpans, “But really, what’s up with you? Do I need to fight someone?” Mina stands, cracking her knuckles playfully.

 

“Stop that.” Sana, pulls Mina to sit back down, plopping her head on the other girl’s shoulder, “I’m fine, just tired.”

 

“I told you not to overdo it.” Mina scolds, letting Sana cling onto her like always.

 

“Just let me recharge like this.” 

“Take all the time you need.” Mina says softly, taking her cap off and placing it on Sana's head to cover the girl’s eyes from the lights. 

 

~

 

“She really likes you.” Jihyo comments, while Sana is still fast asleep on Mina’s shoulder, “I guess so.” Mina nods.

 

“It’s..” Jihyo pauses, “nice.” 

 

“Hm?” Mina raises a brow at her best friend’s sudden comment, “Why did you say it like that?”

 

“Like?” Jihyo takes a sip from her water bottle, while the game continues without her.

 

“Like you don’t really think it’s nice?” Mina says in a slight questioning tone.

 

“What are you saying?” Jihyo chuckles, “I’ve been trying to get you to open up to more people for years now, of course I mean it.” 

 

“Okay, if you say so.” She shrugs, still eyeing Jihyo carefully.

 

“Stop being so weird.” Jihyo flicks Mina’s forehead, “Now, watch me as I annihilate the shorty team.”

 

“But you’re also short.”

 

“I’m still taller than Chaeyoung.” Jihyo sticks her tongue out at Mina before running back to the court. 

 

Am I being weird? Mina questions as she watches her best friend have fun with the others. Her smile wide, a competitive fire in her eyes. 

 

Maybe not.. Mina shakes her head, seeing how happy and carefree Jihyo looks right now. 

 

“Ooh Mina heads!” Jeongyeon yells after accidentally hitting a mis-serve. 

 

“Careful!” Mina catches the ball with one hand, “Sorry!” Jeongyeon waves.

 

“That was close.” Sana lifts her head up from Mina’s shoulder, finally awake. 

 

“Not even remotely.” Mina deadpans. 

 

“Always so cocky.” Sana shakes her head, taking Mina’s hat and plopping it on her head, “Don’t you want to play?” She asks, looking at the others.

 

“I..” Mina was interrupted by her phone.

 

Kei. Mina reads the name and frowns.

 

“I have to take this.” She stands up, walking out of the gym before Sana could get another word out. 

 

“Where did you run off to?” Jihyo pulls Mina by her collar letting the others walk ahead, their loud chatter keeping them from noticing the two pulling back, well almost everyone. 

 

“Kei called.”

 

“Kei? Quiet Kei? Kei who only ever nods or answers in 1 word Kei?”

 

“Hmm.” Mina nods.

 

“Is it bad?”

 

“Hmm.” She draws out her hum in contemplation.

 

“Stop answering in hums.” Jihyo smacks Mina by her shoulder. 

 

“Hm.” She hums shortly.

 

“Okay now you’re just being annoying.”

 

“Stop thinking too much about it Ji.” Mina takes Jihyo’s bag, “It’s nothing serious.” 

 

“Your definition of that word and mine are completely different.”

 

“Promise.” 

 

“Alright.” Jihyo nods, because as ambiguous as Mina can be sometimes, she never goes back on her promises. Never.

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

The holiday season always comes with the most charity banquets. With companies hosting events left and right. 

 

“I’m bored.” Sana whines, while watching as her friends all gather around on the other side.

 

“You could join them.” Sana almost jumps when her secretary appears out of nowhere.

 

“Kazu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter