Enchanted -3-

Misana Clichés
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sana doesn’t hate attending the state banquets, but she doesn’t enjoy them either. She enjoys the dressing up and the food, but she detests the fake smiles and pleasantries from those in attendance.

 

“Your Royal Highness, what do you think about..” The words of the diplomat fall on deaf ears as Sana’s eyes catch a familiar figure inside the hall, “I’m sorry, if you’d excuse me.” Sana interrupts, walking off before the older man could get another word out.

 

“Your highness.” Someone steps in front of Sana, “Where are you headed off to? It’s time for your speech.” Hiroshi reminds the girl, “Oh right. Let’s go.” Sana remembers that the royal princess doesn’t know the jet black haired girl standing across the room looking gorgeous in her navy blue dress, “Arigato Hiroshi-san.”

 

“Hmm?” Hiroshi looks at the young princess, slightly confused by her sudden show of gratitude.

 

“Nothing, don’t think too much about it.” Sana chuckles lightly.

 

~

 

The banquet was coming to a close and it was time for the firework display and as always Sana, rather than heading to the central garden where all those in attendance are supposed to gather, wandered off to the east garden, more specifically to the small hill that houses a single wisteria tree.

 

“Ahh finally.” Sana sighs, sitting on the bench, waiting for the fireworks to start.

 

“Finally?” A familiar voice startles Sana, “Who’s there?” She looks around, but doesn’t see anyone, “Don’t worry about it, I’m a guest.” That voice again, Sana finds it familiar but can’t pinpoint where she’s heard it before.

 

“If you’re a guest why are you here?”

 

“Same as you.”

 

“And that is?”

 

“To have the best view of the fireworks of course.” A small chuckle comes from the unseen stranger and Sana finally puts the pieces together.

 

Mina. Sana almost said the girl’s name aloud. Reminding herself again that Mina doesn’t know the crown princess.

 

“How do you know that?” She questions, this has been her own little secret spot for many years now.

 

“Cause you’re here.” Was Mina’s simple reply, “What’s that supposed to mean?” Sana chuckles lightly, ignoring the tingling feeling in her stomach.

 

“Nothing much.” Mina shrugs even though Sana couldn’t see her.

 

“Why do you only reply with one sentence?”

 

“Hmmm…what else do you want me to say?”

 

“Maybe your name?” Sana tries.

 

“Oh is her royal highness curious about me now?” There was a teasing tone in Mina’s voice and Sana could practically see the other girl’s cheshire grin.

 

“You wish.” Sana scoffs, “Maybe I should call the guards here and have you escorted out.” She gives Mina an empty threat.

 

“I’d be gone before they could even get here.”

 

“You.” Sana begins.

 

“Just enjoy the show, your highness.”

 

And as if Mina’s words were the cue, the firework display began and the night sky was lit up in different colours.

 

“Why are fireworks so pretty?” Sana asks, mostly to herself.

 

“Because they captivate you, no matter how many times you’ve seen them.” Mina replies, slightly smiling at the way Sana’s eyes seemed to shine with amazement while watching the firework display.

 

“I guess so..” She agrees and the two watch silently, letting the boom of each firework fill the silence.

 

The display lasts a little over 5 minutes with the finale being a massive crescendo of colours lighting up the sky.

 

“So you like fireworks?” Mina asks after the show, surprising Sana who couldn’t help but respond with, “Oh are you curious about me now?”

 

“Touche.” Mina chuckles, “I should have seen that coming.”

 

“You should have.” Sana laughs along, “Are you able to tell me your name now?” The princess tries again after the laughter dies down.

 

“You really want to know my name huh.”

 

“Kinda.” Sana admits, wanting to know Mina as the princess as well, “You intrigue me.”

 

“Do I now?”

 

“Don’t get cocky.” Sana rolls her eyes, hearing that teasing tone in Mina’s voice again.

 

“How can I not when the crown princess herself just admitted that I intrigue her.”

 

“You intrigue me because you haven’t treated me like they all do.”

 

“Oh..I see.”

“Yeah..” Sana nods, “Sometimes I wish I was just Sana…not her royal highness Minatozaki Sana..but just Sana.”

 

“But you are, though.”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“With or without the title, you’re the only Minatozaki Sana in this world. You are just Sana.” the princess hears a rustle from above, followed by a soft thud, “I gotta go, I’ll see you around princess.” Mina says, softly patting the princess’s head.

 

“Wait....” Sana turned around but the girl was already out of sight, leaving nothing more than a faint trace of lavender in the air, “You really are interesting aren’t you.” Sana shakes her head.

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

The next day at school, Sana arrived carrying a navy blue bag while mentally practising what to say when she gives it to Mina.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter