With You -5-

Misana Clichés
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Im Nayeon and Myoui Mina. The two were a package deal, where one was the other was not far behind. So, when the two doctors walked into the venue for their reunion, no one was surprised.

 

"Im Nayeon!" Jeongyeon spots her cousin, waving a hand, "Over here." She smiles.

 

"I see Jeongyeon hasn't changed." Mina whispers and Nayeon chuckles, the two weaving through the tables, greeting some old classmates along the way.

 

"Long time no see Jeong." Mina greets Nayeon’s cousin.

 

"Minari! It's been a while." Jeongyeon gets up hugging the girl, "I heard you and Nayeonnie are working at the same hospital."

 

"Yeah we are." Mina begins to talk to Jeongyeon, the two catching up after not communicating since high school. Jeongyeon had moved back to South Korea for college and over time the two just lost contact.

 

"You two actually came." A woman smiles at the two, taking the empty seat in front of Mina and Nayeon.

 

"Oh Lalalisa!" Nayeon greets happily pulling the girl in for a hug.

 

"Surprise!" Lisa greets, letting Nayeon go and then pulling Mina in for a hug too, "I missed you two dorks." Lisa pulls them all in again for a group hug this time.

 

"You told me you weren't coming when I texted you." Nayeon whines.

 

"I wanted it to be a surprise." Lisa chuckles.

 

"Ah so that's why you were so pushy about me coming." Nayeon looks at Jeongyeon who throws a peace sign up with a wide grin, "See, told you it'll be fun."

 

"Are you here for vacation or are you moving back? Ahh it's been so long Lisa-yah." Nayeon and Mina were so happy to see the tall girl.

 

"I'm here for work but depending on how things are it might be a move back."

 

"Really!" Mina speaks up, excitement in her voice.

 

Lalisa Manoban or Lisa as she liked to be called, was aside from Jeongyeon, the only other person that Mina and Nayeon let into their small circle. The girl moved from Thailand to Japan in high school and with Mina being top of the class was tasked with helping the new girl adjust. 

 

Lisa was the exact opposite of Mina who was soft spoken or Nayeon who although friendly and bubbly mostly spent her free time with Mina, Jeongyeon, or both. Lisa on the other hand, was energetic, bubbly, she made friends with everyone. After a few days at school, Lisa practically knew everyone by name, but still Lisa would spend her lunches, breaks, and any extra free time outside of class with Mina and Nayeon. They're best friends.

 

"Wahh look at our Minari so excited." Lisa coos, reaching over to pinch Mina's cheeks, "Ahh...let go of my cheeks Lalisa." Mina glares and Lisa chuckles, eventually letting go after a few more light tugs, "Maybe you should just go back to New York." Mina deadpans while rubbing her cheeks.

 

"Ouch, what happened to my softy, Nay what did you do?" Lisa playfully side-eyes Nayeon. While the three joked and caught up with each other there was another person at their table who was staring intently at Mina.

 

"AH! MYOUI!" the girl slams her hand on the table, practically screaming the name causing the others to look their way.

 

"Yes?" Mina turns to the girl, her face familiar, but couldn't quite remember her name.

 

"Uhm nothing, I just...it's good to see you."

 

"Yeah. uh. I'm sorry, but."

"Jihyo. Park Jihyo. I don't think our schedules matched up, but how can I forget the Myoui Mina, our class's one top genius." Jihyo chuckles.

 

"I'm no genius..." Mina denies.

 

"Ayyy of course you are! I remember how our school printed out a giant banner when you aced the college entrance exam with a perfect score."

 

Mina turns red at the memory

 

"Ah, I forgot to introduce you guys. Sorry sorry, I was just excited,” Jeongyeon saves Mina, "Ji, this is Nayeon, my cousin, Mina, and Lisa. Guys, this is Park Jihyo.”

 

"Hi, nice to meet you. Interesting how we never met up in school." Nayeon chuckles.

 

"That's because you two were always glued to your books." Lisa deadpans, "But I remember you Jihyo, you were captain of our volleyball team right? You and Jeongyeon played together."

 

"Yep, that's how I got stuck with her." Jihyo jokes.

 

"I didn't know you played for the volleyball team, how can you not tell me? I would've cheered you on!" Nayeon whines, a decade later.

 

"I did tell you! I told you multiple times, but you and Mina were always studying?! How can you, my cousin, and you, one of my closest friends, not go to any of my games??” Jeongyeon playfully pouts.

 

"Eww stop acting cute." Nayeon pushes her palm against Jeongyeon's face, causing everyone to laugh at the two cousins.

 

As the night went on, people began to mingle with the other tables. Jeongyeon and Jihyo got dragged away by the former volleyball team and Lisa went to say hi to the former dance club members.

 

"See it isn't so bad right? Everyone hasn't changed that much."

 

"Yeah, not too bad. I do feel bad that we didn't support Jeongyeon back then. We really focused too much on our books huh."

 

"I was on scholarship; I couldn't let my grades slip up. You were just a nerd."

 

"Hey." Mina pokes Nayeon on the side.

 

~

 

"I can't believe Sana's Dr. Myoui is Nayeon’s Mina." Jihyo was in disbelief, the two at the bar, Jihyo’s eyes finding Mina and Nayeon who were still at their table just talking amongst themselves.

 

"What do you mean by 'Nayeon’s Mina'?" Jeongyeon asks, confused.

 

"C'mon Jeong, you can't tell me that you didn't know? You were close with them right?"

 

"Yeah, but they're friends, best friends."

 

"Jeong, I'm serious. You remember how popular Mina was? Not just because she was top of our class.

She literally had a fan club. Beauty and brain Myoui Mina." Jihyo tries to jarr Jeongyeon's memory, "I vaguely remember this.." Jeongyeon blinks a few times.

 

"Now that I'm seeing her again...it unlocked a memory I didn't know I had."

 

"And that is?"

 

"You can only ever look at Myoui Mina from afar because no matter how hard you try, Myoui Mina will only ever look

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter