Matched (2)

Misana Clichés
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“We saw the first episode.” Chaeyoung and Dahyun surround Sana as soon as she gets home from her ‘date’ with Mina.

 

“Go ahead.” Sana just waves them off, her mood clearly sour.

 

“What?” The two look at the girl innocently, batting their eyelashes.

 

“You two.” Jihyo looks at the youngest, “Room. Now.” She commands and the two immediately follow their leader’s words, knowing what would be the punishment if Jihyo’s mood gets worse.

 

“Thanks Ji.” Sana smiles.

 

“Was it that bad?” Momo hands Sana a cup of chamomile tea, “I mean she did look out for you. Even tried making small talk, when we all know how much she keeps to herself.”

 

“Ha! Myoui looking out for me?! Ha! That day proves otherwise.” Sana’s grip on her mug tightens, “Well maybe I should have just given you the chamomile leaves, stronger dosage might calm you down, yknow like Xanax.” Momo teases and both Sana and Jihyo roll their eyes at the girl.

 

“You keep talking about that day but never about what really happened.” Momo says seriously, “What really happened with you two?”

 

“I..” Sana looks away from her two friends, “We just don’t get along..our personalities are too different.”

 

“Momo-yah.” Jihyo calls out, shaking her head subtly, “It’s okay Sana, if you don’t want to share that’s okay…but we’re here for you..you know that right?” The young leader says, wrapping an arm around Sana’s shoulders.

 

“I know..” Sana looks at the two, “Thanks.”

 

“HEY! You guys are having a moment and leaving us out!” Dahyun and Chaeyoung call out from behind the wall where they were eavesdropping after following Jihyo’s words for 15 seconds.

 

“You two..” Sana laughs, “You’re both 20 but still act like kids.”

 

“We’re not kids, unnie.” They whine like elementary school kids.

 

“Hai hai.” Momo smiles a motherly smile, “Let’s go have a late night snack?” She offers and the girls all nod.

 

~ ~

 

“Your back.” Nayeon says, catching Mina sitting alone in the living room of their dorm, “Didn’t even hear you come in..it’s late.” She notes.

 

“Hmm..I went for a drive after the shoot..I think my social battery was drained.” Mina chuckles, hoping that her pensive mood isn’t caught by Nayeon.

 

“I mean you did have to deal with one of the most extroverted idol in the industry so I can see that.” Nayeon watches Mina carefully.

 

“Yeah…she’s always been very out-going like that.” Mina shakes her head a bit, a smile on her face.

 

“Always?” Nayeon raises a brow and Mina silently curses herself for letting that word slip past.

 

“I’ve seen how she is backstage. Practically everyone can hear her coming before you actually see her.”

 

“True.” Nayeon nods, “I saw the broadcast, we all did.”

 

“Did I look awkward?”

 

“No, you looked strangely comfortable.. Although I do know you spilt her drink on purpose Minari. And although you can be playful sometimes, you’re never one for silly pranks like that.” Nayeon looks at the girl, “Mind telling me why Yoo Jeongyeon’s childish side came out from you today?”

 

“It wasn’t on purpose Nayeon-chan.” Mina says offering no other explanation.

 

“Alright if you say.” Nayeon relents, sighing she adds, “I don’t know why you have this little cold war with Sana-shi..I mean from the times we’ve met her backstage I don’t see any reason..”

 

“It’s her that has an issue with me..I’m just minding my own business.”

 

“Mina.”

 

“It’s true.”

 

“I hate when this stubborn side of yours comes out.” Nayeon shakes her head, “Alright fine, I’ll drop it” the girl sounds disappointed.

 

“Gomen.” Mina places a hand on Nayeon’s that’s resting on her lap.

 

“Hai hai.” Nayeon chuckles, “C’mon let’s go grab some ramen down the street, my treat?”

 

“Hmm okay.” Mina nods.

 

Later that evening, as Mina lays alone in her room, the weight of her decision finally comes crashing down on her, “Ahhh why did it have to be you.” She says clutching the necklace hidden under her shirt, “I’m frustrated but I’m over here smiling like a crazy person.” She shakes her head, “After all this time..Satang…after all this time.” Mina soon drifts off to sleep, for once not haunted by that memory.

 

~ ~ ~

 

“Alright so Sana after this we gotta go to the Matched recording for the 2nd broadcast.”

 

“Okay.” Sana’s mood drastically drops after hearing what’s on her schedule.

 

“Ayyy it’ll be okay Satang! Besides, everyone loved the first broadcast!” Jihyo tries to lift her spirit.

 

“Yep! Mina-unnie was so cool taking care of you and stuff.” Chaeoyung pops up.

 

“Unnie?” Sana looks at Chaeyoung who nods, “Hmm. She’s friends with Somi too and she joined us for lunch the other day. She’s really nice.”

 

“Yeah she’s always been the charmer.” Sana whispers in Japanese, rolling her eyes.

 

“What was that?” The two Koreans members ask.

 

“Nothing. Unnie what time is the shoot?” Sana asks their manager.

 

“It’s scheduled for 4PM.”

 

“Got it.” Sana gets up, getting ready for her solo shoot for their comeback teaser.

 

Meanwhile, the Twice members are also finishing up a shoot for W Korea.

 

“Thank you for all your hard work!” The girls bow, finishing up the shoot a few minutes earlier than scheduled.

 

“Mina we have to get you to your next schedule. The other girls will take a different van.” Kyungjin announces while the other managers grab the girls’ things to pack into the van.

 

“Okay.” Mina nods, wincing slightly.

 

“You okay?” Nayeon was quick to be by Mina’s side when she noticed the slight furrow in the girl’s eyebrows.

 

“Yeah, just a headache.” Mina smiles, “I think I should have eaten more for lunch.”

 

“Aigoo, I told you to eat more, now look your blood sugar has probably dropped..let me.”

 

“Mina you ready to go?” Kyungjin comes back, interrupting Nayeon.

 

“Oh yeah. I’m ready.” Mina gets up, “I’ll grab a bite after the shoot. Promise.” Mina looks at the older girl who could do nothing but nod.

 

~

 

When both Mina and Sana arrived at the shoot they were both shown to the same waiting room much to the chagrin of their respective managers.

 

“Well I mean they haven’t killed each other…so that’s good right?” Yoohee whispers to Kyungjin while the two watch Mina and Sana, who are seated on opposite sides of the room, backs facing each other.

 

“Can you turn down the volume of your game or wear headphones?” Sana speaks in Japanese, but by the tone of her voice the managers knew she was annoyed.

 

“Hai hai.” Mina nods, turning the volume up to the max setting.

 

“I-..really?” Sana gets up walking towards Mina with purpose.

 

“Yes?” Mina looks up at the orange haired girl, “I said.” Sana grabs the device from Mina’s hand, “To lower the da….”

 

“Oh Sana-san, be careful.” Mina quickly pulled Sana, making the girl fall onto her lap.

“I uhm…” A staff member from the show chuckles lightly, “I see you two are getting along well.”

 

“Ah she tripped so..” Mina explains.

 

“Oh..okay well uhm we’ll do your solo interviews now it should only take about 20 minutes.”

 

“Sure.” Mina nods and Sana quickly gets up from the girl's lap, her face flushed.

 

~

 

“We’ll just ask you a few questions and just answer them honestly okay?”

 

The two were in separate studios to keep their answers as honest as possible.

 

“Your first thought when you saw your partner.”

 

“Oh..”

 

“Oh.”

 

The two had the same answer for the 1st question.

 

“What’s your first impression of your partner?”

 

“She’s quiet.” Sana answers with a light chuckle.

 

“She’s outgoing.” Mina smiles.

 

“What did you think of the date?”

 

“The food was good..and I think we got to know each other better.” Mina nods.

 

“It was a bit awkward in the beginning because we haven’t really interacted much with each other, but overall it was good. I think we got to know each other a bit better.” Sana answers.

 

Once the personal interviews were over the two met with their team to discuss what they’ll be filming.

 

“Alright so the show's premise is matching two celebrities together and showing them to be a couple. For the most part we’ll have set filming dates for interviews, but if you want to film additional content you’re more than welcome to call us or film it yourself if you wish. For the 2nd broadcast we don’t want to push the couples too hard since you all just met, so we’ve prepared a fun little game to help you guys get to know each other more.”

 

“What game?”

 

“Hmm. Life’s all about decisions right?” The PD looks at the two with a playful smile, “Okay let’s all get going. We’ve set up Twice's van with cameras so you both can ride together.”

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

The second broadcast of Matched begins with the show’s panellist introducing themselves and their thoughts on the couples.

 

“Personally I’m excited to see Mina and Sana’s relationship the most.” Sooyoung comments after watching their solo interviews. When it’s time for Mina’s and Sana’s po

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter