Thunderstorm -6-

Misana Clichés
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Okay so what’s the real score between you and her.” I heard Chaeyoung’s voice coming from the patio. It was already well past midnight and the others were already passed out in their rooms after getting back from hiking up Diamond Head, while I got up because Mina wasn’t in bed yet.

 

“Between me and who?” I hear Mina’s voice, stopping me from getting any closer, instead I lean my back on the wall to listen in, even though I know I shouldn’t.

 

“You and Sana duh..unless.” It was Dahyun now and a silence fell over them while my heart begins to race because why the hell is it taking her so long to say there isn’t anyone else.

 

“Oh.” Was Mina’s short reply and my heart rate finally slowed again.

 

“Oh..just oh..unnie c’mon..there’s obviously something more here. Before it was like the talking phase y'know but now..you love her don’t you.”

 

“I..”

 

“That wasn’t a question, unnie.You know it’s okay right?” Dahyun interrupts.

 

“Is it though..” Mina’s voice was soft.

 

“Why wouldn’t it be? Don’t tell me you’re still hung up on…”

 

“No, of course not..I mean we weren’t even a thing.”

 

“You two weren’t officially anything, but everyone knew.”

 

“Really, cause she still chose someone else in the end.”

 

“Okay but Sana unnie chose you.”

 

“No she didn’t..she forced herself to choose me.”

 

“In the beginning but not now..do you really not know or are you just turning a blind eye?”

 

“It’s better for us to be like how we are now. It’s simple, not complicated.”

 

“So you're just gonna keep your relationship in this grey area where you aren’t a couple even though you act like a couple..who also happens to be married.”

 

“Yep..at least I can be close to her..this way, I can’t lose her.”

 

“This is just like Kaori unnie all over again except this time you're pining for your wife.”

 

“I don’t think so, Chae..” Dahyun voices out, “There’s more to this right? Something you haven’t told us..something only you know.”

 

“Sana?”

 

“Ah shi..Nay you scared me.” I clutch my chest, my heart skipping a beat.

 

“Sorry, what are you doing here? It’s late..” She yawns, while trying to peek around the corner.

 

“Nothing..I just..” I stepped out to block her view, but I could already hear footsteps coming.

 

“Oh you two are still up.” Chaeyoung comes from behind me, speaking up first.

 

“Yeah, I was thirsty. You guys aren’t sore from that hike?” I look at Chaeyoung and Dahyun, avoiding Mina’s questioning eyes.

 

“Nahh, that was nothing.” Chaeyoung offers me a small smile.

 

“No wonder you guys had so much energy. Muscles I didn’t know I had are in so much pain right now.” Nayeon whines, wrapping an arm over my shoulder, “I can tell..I literally smell the salonpas from here.” I , “C’mon grandma let’s go get you to bed after we grab water.” I help Nayeon towards the kitchen, smiling at the three.

 

“You owe me.” Nayeon whispers after I hand her a glass of water.

 

“How much did you hear?” I ask, ignoring the smirk on her lips.

 

“Enough…they should have known the window was open.”

 

“Hmmm…so what were you going to do?”

 

“Nothing.” Nayeon shrugs, “Because now you know where her heart stands.”

 

“Okay..” I tilt my head, slightly confused.

 

“And you also know that she won’t do anything about her feelings.”

 

“Right..”

 

“Did hearing Mina not deny her feelings for you short circuit your smart brain or what? Cause you should know what I’m hinting at.” Nayeon shakes her head and I feel my cheeks heat up.

 

“Oh goodness, look at you blushing like a teenage girl.”

 

“Shut up.” I roll my eyes, “My one sided feelings are being returned, let me be.”

 

“They can’t be returned if Mina keeps them buried. Which brings me to my point, which I have to draw out for you since your brain is all mush right now.” Nayeon gives me that teasing smirk of hers before turning dead serious, “Sana, Mina likes you..no she loves you..but she won’t do anything about it..which means that it has to be you. You have to hold your hand out or else you’ll just be another Kaori to her, friend-zoned.”

 

“I’m not like that person, I won’t choose anyone else.”

 

“Exactly! So tell her that! She already kinda knows how you feel. So just take the leap of faith. I really do think you two would be great together. Even better than if it was me and her.” Nayeon teases me.

 

“You still want to go after my wife, Im?”

 

“She’s technically still fair play.” Nayeon shrugs.

 

“Look at you, not even denying it.” I roll my eyes.

 

“Because I’m serious.” Her tone shifts, “Take care of Mina, she deserves it.” Nayeon pats my shoulder, leaving me alone in the kitchen.

 

“What just happened?” I turned around following the hallway Nayeon would have gone to get to her room, “What do you mean by that…”

 

~ ~

 

“Okay dubchaeng vs 2yeon in the first round, then Mihyo and Samo.” Jihyo announces, volleyball in hand.

 

“Ok!” Everyone choruses.

 

“You guys are going down!” Nayeon begins the trash talking while Dahyun and Chaeyoung remain unfazed.

 

“Satang.” Momo comes up to me, handing me a bottle of water, “Why didn’t you pick Mina to be on your team earlier?”

 

“I don’t want to lose.”

 

“We both at sports and aren’t competitive, plus if you really wanted to win you should have chosen Nayeon since she’s the next most competitive after Jihyo. So next excuse please.”

 

“I didn’t want you to be picked last.”

 

“I–...I would not have been picked last. I’m sure my abs of steel would have gotten me picked 2nd.”

 

“Abs of steel my , being a gym rat and athletic aren’t mutually exclusive you know.”

 

“I’ll let you win this time, if you tell me why you’ve been lowkey avoiding Mina.”

 

“I am not.”

 

“You are in your own Satang way.”

 

“What does that even mean?”

 

“Your way of avoiding means not being as clingy as usual.”

 

“I’m not even that clingy towards Mina.”

 

“You are and you’ve been calling her Mina all day, whereas it’s always been Mitang. So tell me what happened last night, cause before we all went to bed, you two were being that disgustingly cute not couple.”

 

“Did Nayeon know Mina…before the marriage?” I changed the topic.

 

“Eh? What makes you ask that?” Momo looks at me confused.

 

“You know how Nay’s always been joking about taking Mina from me or whatever..”

 

“Yeah..that’s her way of teasing, she doesn’t actually like Mina in that way..wait don’t te

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter