Thunderstorm -9-

Misana Clichés
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Nayeon..what are you doing here?”

“I just happened to be here.” The girl shrugs, leaning on the railing besides Mina.

“Really?” Mina raises a questioning brow.

“Okay,” Nayeon chuckles, raising her hands up in mock surrender, “You got me, I asked Jeongyeon where you might be. Said you always came here when you would want to be close to her.”

“So, you ready to honestly answer my question, now?”

“Which one? You’ve asked me so many questions since we met.”

“You know which one.” Nayeon says seriously.

-Flashback-

“Are you okay now?” Mina asks, changing into fresh scrubs, handing Nayeon a cup of tea.

“Yeah, sorry..I don’t really like blood.”

“I can tell…but I guess lucky me, cause it chilled you out.” Mina chuckles, watching Nayeon carefully, “So what brings you to my neck of the woods?”

“This.” Nayeon plops a brown envelope on Mina’s desk, “What is this?” Mina frowns after checking the documents, “You don’t think I filed this do you? It hasn’t even been that long since the wedding.”

“True, but how long have you known Sana?” Nayeon asks.

“What?” Mina was confused by the sudden question.

“Just curious to know if you guys met before.”

“Not until we got engaged.”

“I see…okay.” Nayeon nods, “And to answer your question, no…I don’t think you filed this, but the look earlier on your face told me that you might have an idea.”

“Yeah, but can you let me handle this?”

“Sure.” Nayeon nods.

-End flashback-

“I already told you that I will deal with the person behind the papers, which I did.”

“Rima Sanjou..right?”

“Yes.” Mina nods.

“I see..”

“So tell me, why are you looking for me?”

“I just want to understand the girl in the bucket hat who stood under the pouring rain so she can shelter a stranger.”

“I…that explains why. You weren’t asking because you didn’t know..you were asking because you already knew.”

“You made me curious, since that rainy day. I had to know who this person was and why they were willing to silently comfort Sana like that.”

“Wait….did you run a background check on me without my consent?” Mina frowns but Nayeon shrugs a smug smile on her face.

“I didn’t know it was you at first…but when I attended your wedding it felt like I saw you before…so I kinda put some things together.”

“Why didn’t you come to me about it earlier?”

“I did…but you lied to me..and you were also pretending that you didn’t know anything. So I followed your lead.”

“I see.” Mina smiles, “Thank you..I wasn’t ready yet.”

“How about now?”

“Hikari had told me that she wanted the universe to bring me to her…that I’d be good for her…but she also told me that she hoped it would be after I have healed, because she didn’t want us to hurt each other…well the universe did bring us together somehow and we both weren’t ready…”

“Is that why you never confronted her about your feelings?”

“I wasn’t ready for her to hate me...”

“Why?”

“Wouldn’t you if you found out that the person who you thought entered your life accidentally, who you slowly opened up to, who you slowly began to fall for, purposely put herself there?”

“What do you mean by purposely?”

“My grandmother wanted me to marry, that is true…everyone had wanted it to be Sana’s family of course..but I didn’t want it, because I already knew her story and I didn’t want to force her into something like this. But when I saw how broken she was that day…I just…I wanted to at least do something for her…to take care of her like Hikari had wanted. I just..didn’t expect myself falling for her in return..”

-Flashback: Before the engagement-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter