I Got Love, 2022

Untitled, 2022
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The words when we yearned for each other

Take off the mask that covers the passion

The doubts and tension that it may cut off

It’s gone now

 

“I love you, Taeng. I love you, Kim Taeyeon. I love you that time and I don’t know why, I love you now too. And you might think I am just sweet mouthing, but I do love you in between too,” I knew he would say this the moment he grabbed my hand. I knew he would give out these cards. I even kind of scared he would since last night. Here I was, when he (finally) uttered the words, too stunned to speak.

 

He continued again, “I wish, many times, I wish how the butterflies would just go away. But they stay. The feeling stays the same. Is it too much for you?”

 

Yes, it was. It’s too much, Kwon Jiyong. When after all these years, why? I wanted to ask why, but it would be too stupid to ask. Because I knew for sure, there would be no answer. But maybe, he would answer if I asked him, why now. “Ji…” the tongue of mine was too glued to speak something, when actually there were too many things to say, at this moment.

 

“Kim Taeyeon?” the moment when my brain was working so hard, there was a sound heard from the hallway.

 

Woman’s voice.

 

I looked away, broke my gaze from him to the source of the voice and found a familiar figure there, with baby in her arm. “Is it for real? Kim Taeyeon as in SNSD’s Kim Taeyeon?”

 

Dami Unnie! Save by her!

Or not?
 

I stood up and walked closer to her, “Dami unnie!”

 

She immediately gave the baby to her, I assumed her husband which was standing behind her. She hugged me a second I was near her. “Taeyeon, oh my God, what a pleasure to meet you again!”

 

I had no choice but to respond with hugging her back. There were times I imagined, what should I do, if I ever met his family. His parents, especially his mother, and his sister. During the time when we were together, we spent many times chilling at pension that he gave to his parents. We did many things together, from barbeque to gardening. His family accepted me with open arms. I sometimes went to the pension, even when he was not around. And with Dami Unnie, she used to help me so much with styling and such. But the time I was on the news, with that guy from Exo, I did not have a face to meet them.

 

“How are you, Unnie?” I asked as I let the hug from her.

 

She smiled, “I am more than good. Oh my God, did I miss something, from you two???” she asked while eyeing Jiyong who was still sitting in the same position.

 

I did not dare to gaze at him, because the situation must be awkward. Did she and her husband heard our conversation???

 

Jiyong stood up and brought the bowl and plates to the sink. “You did not, you ruined the moment,” he answered, sulkily.

 

“Ah, this is my husband,” she ignored Jiyong and walked to her husband as I offered my hand and mouthing my name.

 

“Who would not know Kim Taeyeon?” he said, making me just smiled and looking down. “It’s our pleasure to finally meet you,” he continued, “and this is our baby Eden… but he is asleep the moment we took him out…” he said as he showed the baby boy who sleeping, peacefully in his hand.

 

I walked closer, after giving a cue whether I could come closer to their baby. As I took the face mask, new one, from my pocket, I went closer to the baby after making sure I wore my mask right. “So cute, baby Eden… looks like you both combined,” I told them which making Dami Unnie smiled.

 

“You are the first one who told us that. Everyone told me that he looks hundred percent like his father,” she replied as she took the baby from her husband’s arm. I followed her walking to the room next to the kitchen. How considerate Jiyong was that he used one of the room to be his nursery. She put the baby into the crib. I sat down in the floor and played with the baby’s tiny hand.

 

So cute, fragile, but cute.

 

“You should thank me,” she teased me with that smile.

 

I nodded. “I am indeed grateful that we met again, unnie,”

 

“You know that’s not what I mean, Kim Taeyeon,” she responded which I did not how to respond further. “I hope Jiyong won’t do something stupid, for now,” she continued again as she stood up and gave me a sign to follow her. “Any schedule for today?”

 

“Actually, yes. With your brother,” I smiled as I answered her question with small volume, did not want to wake Eden up. “We are not at the state you think of, Unnie. We are now working together. Unfortunately, he had fever last night, so I brought him home and waited him until he woke up.”

 

“Unfortunately for you, fortunate for him,” while checking on the room temperature, she spoke and exited the room, which I followed. “Have you had your breakfast? I saw Jiyong had his, but I did not see you had yours.”

 

I shook my head, “I don’t usually do breakfast.”

 

Now, it was her turn to shake her head. “I brought some pastries from the bakery. Also, I’ll make you Americano. Coffee and pastry are best matched in heaven for breakfast,” she hurriedly went to the kitchen to reach the coffee machine. “Iced, right?” she asked, making sure before going to the ice maker and I no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter