Gummy Bears, 2012

Untitled, 2022
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hannam-Dong

June 2012

 

There were always two sides of coin for everything. And that included having the tour.

This comeback was different.

 

We kicked off with an album then the world tour will follow. Yes, you read it right: world tour. We, as a group, will be touring around the globe. I did not know whether other kpop groups ever had it, but this was new for us. When our management told the idea, we were a bit in doubt about the it. Will there any audience for us outside Korea? We were so sure about Japanese market, and Chinese market, or Southeast Asia maybe would be fine. But we did not think that we had that stage of popularity to make people filled the stadium.

 

And to make it even scarier about it: it would be more and larger than Japanese, Chinese, and SEA market. I peeked the schedule, there was even the country I did not familiar of: Peru. And one that I was so amazed included on the list: United States.

 

We were so surprised and in doubt so much for doing this.

But then, our fans gave us more surprises. As there were many countries already sold out, some countries asked to add another date to the tour. We would get second day, even there were cities got third day.

 

It would never have crossed my mind before. But it happened.

I did not dare to take a peek on my schedule for this tour, they said we will have it until end of the year, or even maybe next year.

 

As I said, it had two sides of coin. At one side, I would be more than grateful, happy, proud even. But the other side, it was tiring as hell. It was exhausting. It worn out, not only my body but my mind and soul. It burnt the hell out of me.

 

Do you guys want to know more?

I had a solo project coming soon. A comeback album, and solo concert would follow. Yeah you read it right. A solo concert for G-Dragon.

 

The company saw it as an opportunity, seeing the good response on Alive Tour. And they had received many return calls when they sent out the proposal to some promotors we had been working for this Alive Tour.

 

So yeah, I repeated it again. I was so grateful, but it was hella exhausting.

 

It was good though. Busyness mends broken heart, they said. It was indeed amazing that I did not text Kiko Mizuhara for months. I would lie if I said, I completely forgot about her, but I did not beg her. Which was already amazing to me.

 

beep

 

TaengTaeng:

Whazup, you there?

 

Ah and I had a friend to talk to now.

This Taeng-Taeng. Look at how cute she named herself.

It had been months we had talk to each other. As I said before, it felt like looking at the mirror. We had so many things in common. Our work, our responsibilities, our feelings toward this responsibility. We were so alike, it scared me so much.

 

Kwon Jiyong:

Yes, just finished recording. Arrived home but thinking of going out.

 

TaengTaeng:

I thought you were in Osaka? I saw your post on insta.

 

I giggled while typing back.

Yes, G-Dragon does giggle.

 

Kwon Jiyong:

Oh you stalk me. That’s new.

 

TaengTaeng:

Tsk. The news will eventually come at me without me stalking your profile.

 

Kwon Jiyong:

Just be honest.

It’s fine.

Friends do check to each other.

 

TaengTaeng:

We are not friends, sunbae-nim.

I already told you, we cannot.

 

That again!

She told me when first time we went out. So it was one sided friend, I guess.

 

Before I had time to type back, there was her message again.

 

TaengTaeng:

Where are you going out?

 

I was in my car since an hour ago. Yes inside my car in the parking lot. I was having so much in mind so I delayed my time to go upstairs. Maybe this was the reason why I told myself to just stay in the car.

 

Having a stroll with this, uhm… as she did not want to be friend, I will call her, my hoobae?

 

Kwon Jiyong:
Where are you?

 

TaengTaeng:

Huh? What? I asked you first.

 

Kwon Jiyong:

Hurry. Answer me, where are you?

 

TaengTaeng:

MBC. Finished MC-ing for Mu-Core.

Why?

 

Kwon Jiyong:

Go to the place where your van usually dropped you at MBC building.

It will be 20mins from where I am.

 

I typed again in hurry before driving out my car.

 

Kwon Jiyong:

Be extra careful.

I have no time to change my car.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter