NDA, 2014

Untitled, 2022
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

May 2014

 

Kim Taeyeon:

You home?

 

Kwon Jiyong:

I just realized you’ve changed your user name.

 

Kim Taeyeon:

You too busy to realize small change.

Where are you? You did not even answer my question.

Have not heard from you for days. And it’s so unusual not hearing from you for days.

 

Kwon Jiyong:

Sorry, Taeng. I promise you thing will get better.

 

Kim Taeyeon:

I really cannot know where are you.

 

Taeyeon looked up at her phone. It had been days since the time he told her that he would extend his stay in Tokyo, without explanation. She wanted to ask him, why did you extend your stay, what for, what occasion. And right after that time she had heard her voice, his ex’ voice, she felt that Jiyong had become in distance. Maybe because of his schedule and her schedule that did not match. But they usually wanted to make time. Now, he seemed even reluctant to tell his location.

 

Kwon Jiyong:

Home.

 

Kim Taeyeon:

I cannot come, can I?

 

She had been spending her time in the studio with two other members of the trio, Tiffany and Seohyun. Their album was going to be released after Girls Generation’s Arena Tour. Not only an album, but also their reality show. Glad that she had busy schedules to stop glaring at her phone. It had been days even almost two weeks they did not talk. Only Taeyeon updated him with her schedule which sometimes she received smile emoticons, or sometimes did not receive anything.

 

Kwon Jiyong:

I am so tired, going to Paris tomorrow.

 

She read the message once more. She wanted to throw words as him: am I tiring you out? Doesn’t we always do nothing at your house? What’s so tiring with having me at your home?

 

Cannot help to stop the bad thoughts she had in mind.

 

***

 

SM Entertainment

May 2014

 

I was sitting, sweating, in front of some executives in this company I work for. They all looked at me made me sweating like hell. I looked up at Sooman Songsaengnim, he looked at me with pity. I did not like when someone looked at me with pity. But I knew those eyes. He always had those eyes when scandal broke out.

 

One of the executive members gave out a picture, I mean pictures in front of me. I peeked out the picture and was stunned.

 

Me. It was me in the pictures they put in the table.

 

Me, wearing white tees and skinny jeans, with face mask, hair in a bun, glasses, and holding a crown stick. That yellow crown stick. I was in the middle of the crowd, people can catch I was smiling wide from my eyes alone and was swinging the crown stick enthusiastically. I moved to another pic, me with Bigbang’s manager walking inside. Then to another pic when I was walking out fast from the backstage.

 

The pictures not only scared the hell out of me, but also gave me a shiver, took me back to the moment when it pained me to see that man was with his ex, his ride or die ex.

 

“Mind to explain, Kim Taeyeon? Why would Girls Generation’s member went to YG Family Concert, at Tokyo Dome? And to add, having the crown stick with you, cheering out with it, and afterwards walking inside to the backstage? How to explain this? Dispatch sent us all of these pictures this morning and gave us 24 hours to respond before sending it out to public.”

 

I stared at him, and all other members, in horror.

 

“Out of all men in this world, in this entertainment world, why him, why G-Dragon of Bigbang?”

 

I gulped and really, I wanted ask myself the very exact same question.

 

Why, Kim Taeyeon? Why him? Why Kwon Jiyong? Why G-Dragon? Why the leader of Bigbang?

 

"You had great time with Junsu, which we let you two because he was from our company. It's always better if you just chose one man from the company, Kim Taeyeon. Out of all men, why it has to be that man from YG? Why it has to be that cocky G-Dragon. His reputation is not good. Yes, he must be the highest paid idol this country ever had. But his attitude. His rebeliousness? He doesn't care one bit about his reputation. And what about yours? Your reputation? Your group's reputation

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter