Dangerous, 2013

Untitled, 2022
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Timber House

February 2013

 

The atmosphere was so much awkward. There they were, sitting face to face at one semi private table, far back at the end. Taeyeon was playing with the glass in front of her. She was not having any alcohol, tonight. She promised herself to not to. Hence, sparkling water for her.

 

While, in front of her sitting the dragon with his glass of red wine. His second glass for tonight. He was kind of nervous, he admitted. More nervous than when he needed to be on stage or when he had to walk on red carpet. Much much more nervous than hours ago when he arrived at the awards.

 

He hated to admit how this girl in front of her affected him. He did not want to admit, but now seeing the glass(es) he was having, he needed to admit, that he’s indeed kind of nervous.

 

The reason why?

He did not know.

 

Or…

He chose to not acknowledge it? Maybe.

 

“Glad you look fine,” she started to talk. She hated the fact that it looked like both of them not knowing each other. The awkwardness was hitting the roof, and she hated it.

 

He nodded and said, “I am fine”.

 

“Taeyeon..”

“Sunbae..”

 

They were talking at the same time, making them stopped to continue the words.

 

“You first. There must be something you want to say hence the invitation,” she said letting Kwon Jiyong to speak.

 

He took a deep breath before speaking, “I know I owe you an apology. For being MIA the past weeks. I was….busy? That’s why I am so sorry. I did not mean to ignore you. I am so thankful that I have a friend like you, Taeng, really. Someone to talk to. No one can relate me as much as you. And I am so thankful for that, but..”.

 

Taeyeon was sitting there, smiling. “Then treat me as one?” she cut off his words.

 

In her mind, she had many questions. Many questions she wanted to ask. And on top of that…. Why? Why he had to be like this? He said, we were friends, then act like one. She had something in mind, to describe what kind of this, whatever they were having, looking at how Kwon Jiyong acted right now: the other woman. When really, she was nothing like one. Their relationship was not that kind of relationship. They were just two persons who happened to work in the same industry, who met each other, who talked to each other to let out their frustration, struggles, doubts, worries, all the things they had in common.

 

Jiyong was looking at her, questioning.

 

“If you think I am your friend, then treat me like one. Just like how I treat you as my senior,” she continued.

 

He gulped. And he knew what Taeyeon meant by her words. That’s exactly what had been lingering in his mind. Why there was a need to avoid her when he was in Kiko’s territory. Taeyeon’s words was making the shadow in his head becoming clear.

 

That had been lingering in his head more than a month now: she was just a friend. Taeyeon was just a friend. One of his good friends in this industry. Why there was a need for her to avoid her message when he was in Kiko’s territory.

 

“I knew you could just read my messages

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter