Spring, 2012

Untitled, 2022
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ilsan Lake Park

 

Spring had officially come. I have this kind of weird feeling about spring, it’s not that I don’t like it, but I don’t hate it either. Spring always be in the between. If you asked which one I love, I would say winter. Which one I hate? Summer. Fall? Fall comes after winter, though it should be fall first before winter.

As for spring? Spring is the season in between.

 

It was still 10 am, I was sitting inside this Hyundai I managed to borrow from my manager. With the one and only, our nation’s pride, leader of Girls Generation.

 

I didn’t know what had been in my mind, last night, when I asked her out.

 

It just, I was thinking I needed someone to talk to. The extra busy schedule, preparation for our first world tour, and also for my solo album (and world tour) to follow. All of them were flooding in my mind. Those also the reason why it took longer time for me to finally text her.

 

My initial plan, was asking what was wrong with her lately. It’s not that I knew her personally, but I can sense something had changed from her. I was thinking, maybe I could relate to her, and it would be the other way too. She can relate to me.

 

Our careers lead into the same direction, I believe.

 

And last night’s conversation, I was so sure, she herself didn’t expect it would be like that. I was, too, not planning to be as that flirtatious, it just, I couldn’t help it. Never once I found someone as cute as her.

 

Not even Kiko Mizuhara.

 

Kiko, how to say it, was far from cute.

She’s so reserved, mature, she’s so full of herself.

And that is why I fall for her, so much.

She did not shake at all, when she was with me. Though she knows, I am the G-Dragon.

Her firmness was what made me fall.

 

As for Kim Taeyeon, had no choice to compare. I felt like, She was mirroring myself.

I could see myself so much in her.

The pride, the sorrow, the expectations, the worries, the noises in the head yet loneliness in heart, the words that left unsaid yet kept clouding in mind.

I was so sure, she could be the one I needed to pour all of these.

 

“So, the leader of the famous and leading kpop group asked me out, at 8am to add, to have a breakfast at the parking lot of Ilsan Lake Park,” these were her first words after almost an hour drive from town to this suburb. She was only saying ‘hello’ before got into the car and stayed silent during the drive. She even only said ‘whatever’ when I asked what to order. “And I got..” she opened the paper bag. “A cup of ice Americano and Egg Muffin, from McDonald’s. I heard you are one of the very few idols who got into the rank of highest copyright royalties… but I got McDonald’s. Our maknae would get mad if she knew I had fastfood for breakfast,”

 

I laughed, “why?”
 

“She said, we will die if we had junkfood,” she answered while taking out everything from the paper bag, which I helped her to open the drink cup holder and put her drink there.

 

“We all will die anyway, with or without junkfood,” I replied.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter