Angel, 2022

Untitled, 2022
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I received many congratulatory message since the song had released at midnight and here I was, laying in my bed, at home reading and skipping the message one by one. There was only one message that caught my attention and I kept reading it again and again.

 

Last night, we spent a short period of minutes to listen to the song together, inside my car, and she did not say much. I only caught she gave me a small smile, and her saying “glad you released this, I am sure many also feel the same way,” then she told me she had to go back and said thank you. With that, she exited the car.

 

And I left her place thirty minutes after that.

 

As I woke up really late today, I just read her message at noon though when I read the time, I received it at 7am.

 

From: Kim Taeyeon

The more I listen to the song, the more it grows on me. The lyrics speak louder and it screams perfectly what we, you and me, and I believe many people who’s in the same age, feel as we grow older. The fact that we have and we need to leave our younger days, although we are not ready and the seasons have changed like they always, they do not have time to wait for us to be ready. With all the traumas and the angers, we try so hard to bury yet because of them, we are trying to become better and better. And still at the end, we cannot avoid the longing feeling in times we miss our glorious and loving days, with those who always by our side to share cries and laughter.

The song suits us so much, many of us. I believe you are going to do well with this. Thank you for writing such a beautiful song we all need to face this season called growing up. And as the song tells us, after rain there will be a happy end, I believe you will have it too. Let’s have those glorious and loving days again, Ji. It did not stay in your past only, they are all waiting ahead of you ^^

 

There is no one other than her who sent me this long message. Most of them just told me how the song is good and will do well. But again, Kim Taeyeon did this. Like she always. She still the same as the one I knew back in the past. Like I said before, she’s mirroring. Like I just need to stand before her and she can tell me perfectly what I feel. I re-read the message hundred times. Wanted to call her and told her how much thankful I was, but I was afraid that I will push my luck too far.

 

She had been so kind to me these past days. Two lunches with her but she said many kind words, not only kind but also encouraging words to me. This Kim Taeyeon was indeed aging gracefully. I read that many times in the internet when k-netizen praised her appearance, but I was lucky enough to witness that it was not only her beauty that aging so gracefully, but this Kim Taeyeon, her personally also aging gracefully. Now I was asking myself…

 

From: Kwon Jiyong

What good deeds I have done in the past so I deserve your forgiveness and your kind words, Taeng? You do not know how much grateful I am for your message.

 

From: Kim Taeyeon

Oh, stop tearing up, Ji. I can sense you are crying, in happiness from your message *jk.

 

I laughed at her reply. And with that, I finally decided to call her up. Because friends do call each other, right?

 

“What good deeds I have done so the Bigbang’s leader calling me at this hour when he was supposed to be busy after the mega hit-release?” she picked up my call with such a line making me smile. “Straight to the top, yeokshi! Even INVU needed longer time than that.”

 

“Stop that, Taeng… I avoided to see the chart but you just reported to me.”

 

“I told you, you will do well…”

 

“Thank you so much, I indeed in tears reading your long message.”

 

“Sorry, cannot help but to write it long like that.”

 

I smiled because the apology was so unnecessary. The long message from her meant so much.

“Where are you?” I asked as I walked to the bathroom to finally wash up my face.

 

“Kwangya,” she replied making me laugh so hard. This dorky. She called SM, her company, Kwangya. “You really do not have any schedule coming up after the release?”

 

“Uhhm.. actually I do. Kwon twins been asking me to make a dance video. I kinda miss dancing, but I don’t know…”

 

“Go… go out and go back to work. See, the response is good. Many people waiting for you patiently to finally go back to the industry. Do what you should do. Dance, sing, make songs, dozens of it. Be proud of yourself,” she said.

 

I saw my reflections. Can I?

 

The company has many plans for me. It won’t stop at Bigbang’s new song. They have planned for my solo comeback too, as I did have many songs in stocks. I did not stop writing and making songs though publics cannot see me. I spent many times writing, and as my fans know, I will write good songs when I had my heart broken. So I indeed wrote many songs. There were songs that already got accepted to be released, many songs were still waiting. But although the response to the new song was good, I still needed more effort to get back into myself, my old self.

“What are you working on, at Kwangya?” I asked to divert the conversation.

 

“Secret. It’s top secret, so sorry…” she replied making me laugh. “You will know, soooooon…”

 

“Okay, won’t give you pressure… anyway, I think I will go to the company and say yes for the dancing content.”

 

“Great!!!” she yelled. “And stop hide behind your hair, Ji,” I heard her voice saying it again.

 

How could she know?

I chuckled.

 

“Go back and be proud of yourself. You do not need to go back to your old self,” she said again, and here she was again, reading myself so perfectly. “You can go back with your brand new self. Better self.”

 

I smiled and saw back to the mirror which reflected myself.

 

“Can I see you again? Can we meet?”

 

“Let’s see… for now, go out and dance and have fun!”

 

I smiled. “Thank you, Taeng. So much...”

 

I would spend my day asking myself again and again. What good deeds I have done so I deserve this.

 

 

“Ji? Who is Ji? I only know one Ji…”

 

It was my fault that I took the phone when I was in the same room with Girls Generation members. And yes, complete formation. With seven of them. But that questions were coming from no other than Tiffany Hwang, or now we went with Tiffany Young.

 

“Unnie, did we hear it wrong?” now Yoona who was sitting far back in the edge also asking me.

 

“And with that smile? Kim Taeyeon?” Sunny added.

 

I looked at them, all of them, with no answer.

 

“And you mentioned about the group, clearly…” Sooyoung with that cap saying ‘I don't work here’ of her that she insisted wearing, anytime, I repeated, anytime she entered this building, followed the other member.

 

I took a deep breath before saying it, “yeah, you guys did not misheard it. It’s Kwon Jiyong.”
 

They all gasped. Or acting to be surprised. Because I could see small smile in their lips.

 

“Freaking finally, this hard head and heart finally melted!” now it was Hyoyeon who yelled.

 

“How could??? Tell me!!!!” Yuri came closer to me which followed by the maknae, “oh my God, so happy for you, unnie…”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter