All Night Long, 2022

Untitled, 2022
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I don’t think I can sleep

This heart throbbing that puts me in a good mood

Your warm gaze that looked at me

All of this grows in my heart, invitation in my dream

Nation just for the two of us, I want it to bloom now

The reason the night is beautiful

I know it’s because of you

 

[NAVER] TAEYEON GIVES A SNEAK PEAK SHOWING THAT SHE IS CURRENTLY BUSY AT THE RECORDING STUDIO

 

Taeyeon posted on her Instagram this dawn, a music sheet at recording room. SM Entertainment just confirmed that she will come back with a surprise project.

 

1. WOW August is getting closer. Soshi is indeed coming back.

 

2. Aren’t you guys getting jealous at her fans? Not even arriving at the mid-year, but so many things she’s giving out.

 

3. Cannot wait, OH MY GOD.

 

4. Wait, the wording is kind of confusing, don’t you think? Surprise project? I don’t think they are talking about Soshi’s comeback as it is not surprise anymore.

 

5. Surprise project??? She will have another project beside Soshi’s comeback?

 

6. Taeyeon Unnie, you’ve worked so hard this year…

 

 

YG Old Studio

 

“Again…” Jiyong was outside the room giving me instruction to stop and start it again. “Taeyeon-ah, let’s start from the beginning of second verse...” he said with a softer voice as he caught me pouting at his words.

 

“Nee…” I did not have time to object and started again to sing as the music had started.

 

When the second verse had completed, I stopped and looked at his expression. He was in deep thought. I waited for his response before going into the chorus, after this.

 

“Uhm… why the first one sounds better…” he said with his furrowed forehead.

 

I rushed outside. “YAA! Are you playing with me????!” I yelled at him, because it was my sixth attempt in singing the second verse and he just said the first one sounded better???? Why the hell he told me to kept trying to sing from the start.

 

He gave me his gummy smile. “The first one sounds you put so much more emotion on it. So I think we will go with the first one,” he said as the smile did not leave his face.

 

I scoffed and walked to the couch to lay down my body. I saw he moved his chair to get closer to me. “So sorry, did not mean to play around, I swear,” he said with his soft voice made me move my body a little further.

 

Too close, Kwon Jiyong, too close.

 

“If I knew you would be this difficult, I would say no for this!” I complained but just received a small laughter from him. And how could he have laughed at times like this when I just complained how hard he was in working this out.

 

I gazed at the clock, it was already 2am in the morning. And I did not usually work this late. I prefer to work in the daylight as I thought my best condition was during the day. But this Kwon Jiyong was not a morning person. We started our recording after dinner. And we had beef! How could I sing with full stomach?

 

With him being too close to my face, I decided to sit up in the couch. “Can we do tomorrow, in the afternoon, please? I am not get used to work this late. My voice is not in its best condition.”

 

He walked to the small table at the corner of the room, took a water bottle, and gave one to me. I took it from him as he sat next to me. “Will do again, tomorrow, at 1pm, how is it?”

 

“Don’t sleep too late tonight, so you can wake up earlier!” I told him as I gulped down the water.

 

“Call me up at 10 in the morning so I can wake up a little bit earlier,” he replied as he got in into the recording room to pick up my music sheet and my pen. He walked closer and sat next to me. “So sorry, Taeng. I just wanted it to be perfect.”

 

I took a deep breath, lazily laid down my head into the headboard. “I know, how perfectionist you are. I always know,” I said faintly as I closed my eyes.

 

The next second, I felt his hand rested at the top of my head as he ruffled my hair, softly. I wanted to scream, because, the heart of mine was beating too fast when he did that. It always. I opened my eyes and caught he was there smiling at me.

 

“Thank you for doing this, Kim Taeyeon,” he said, then continued, “I try so hard to ask myself, but still it is not found.”

 

I gave him my question look, did not understand what he implied to.

 

“I cannot find, what good deeds I have done so I could have a chance, this chance, to sit this close to you again. I used to watch you from afar, these past years. What I meant far, is far, that far. Over the app called Instagram. I can only check you up, over the social media. After those memories of having you around, then I only had a chance to watch you over the cell phone, wishing you will update a post or two. Tried to re-connect with you again, but cannot. But here you are, not only sitting next to me, but we are going to do what we have been dreamed to do,” he said with his eyes closed.

 

Watching him like this made me had no choice but to reminisce the old times when we did nothing but had a deep talk, saying things or two while closing our eyes. And with what he just told me, it took me back, again to those times.

 

He opened his eyes and asked away again, because I did not respond and chose to be in silence instead. “Taeng, may I know what was the reason that you finally said yes to have lunch with me?”

 

I took a look at him, once again, in longer time for this time. His pinkiesh hair, dry, with that black roots. I wanted to scold him to stop changing his hair color, like I used to do when we spent time together at his home. He had that black headband to keep his hair up. It felt fresh, because he’s been covering his face and eyes with his long hair. It felt so familiar, so close, so warm, so comfortable, so many things I had in mind.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter