Final Epilogue - Baby

Untitled, 2022
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bel-Air Hotel, Los Angeles

 

After such a long day strolling around Universal Studio, and with the addition of baby – toddler – of Youngbae and Hyorin made their day even more tiring. They had just arrived at the hotel past seven, then went to the restaurant before they went upstairs. They needed to wait for like four hours until Youngbae knocked their room to pick his son, his sleeping son. And yes, thankfully he was such a good boy, he was being so calm all day, minus that time when he asked for doughnut. Jiyong told how he took it from both of his parents, because there is no other word other than calmness for both Youngbae and his wife, Hyorin.

 

Five of them were having a break at Los Angeles. Not really a break, the husbands were having a concert there, in Hollywood, so Taeyeon and Hyorin were texting when the news of their husbands’ schedule to visit this place, and discussed why not to tag along, and have a little break by adding some days to extend the stays.

 

Glad the husbands agreed to the plan.

 

Before they went, Hyorin already asked Taeyeon for a day babysitting her son, she asked for a day free from the kid so she would have quality time with her husband. And Taeyeon said yes in a heartbeat. While Jiyong, he was in glee, was saying a yes quicker than a heartbeat.

 

Taeyeon knows, her husband loves kid so much. She could tell in how excited he was when his nephew around when Youngbae’s son was around. Even much before, people could tell seeing how excited he was when he met Haru, Tablo’s daughter, when she was a kid.

 

“You want kids?” Taeyeon blurted the question, out of the blue, when they both were chilling in the couch next to the balcony with the television on, though they did not focus on it.

 

Jiyong looked at her sudden question. “I think we already talked about it, many times, countless times, even before I asked you in one knee, Taeng.”

 

Taeyeon went silenced after that. And Jiyong knew, for sure, she had something in mind. “Spill, babe. Do not hold it alone in your head, I am your husband for a reason. Tell me,” he said as he put the magazine and his phone on the side.

 

He pulled her body closer. “Tell me baby girl, what is in the head of yours?”

 

She looked at him, hesitated, as she always. Even after marriage, she still calculated things before speak. It just how the way she is. “Just asking, because you looked like you were enjoying your time today. And you look at him with such a loving eyes.”
 

“You did not enjoy today? Because what I saw today says otherwise.”

 

“I enjoyed today, Ji. I am talking about kids. Because you love the company of Youngbae oppa’s son.”

 

“You did not enjoy having him around?”

 

“Stop twisting my words, Ji.”

 

“Then just go straight to the topic, Taeng… what is it that you want to say?”

 

Taeyeon just looked at him for quite a moment, before took a deep breath, and said it, “I feel maybe you feel our family is not completed yet, because there is no baby.””

 

He looked at her. They went back to silence.

 

“The way you looked at his eyes, at your nephew’s eyes, at Seunghyun oppa’s nephew’s eyes, at any kids eyes. It just… how could I say it…”
 

Jiyong took her hand in the next second, “my stand won’t change from our previous and previous and those any other discussions about it, Taeng. Listen to me, once more, I love kids, yes. But to have kids, that’s another story. That won’t be up to me. It should be up to you. Because however hard I would try and bet my life upon your life and our kids’ life, it would be yours, baby, it would be your life that will be affected that much. However I’ll try my best to be a present father, still it won’t be compatible to what will you do as a mother. I won’t be the one who will carry the baby, the baby will go to your tummy. And after that, it would change your body, your emotion, and then your life would be changed. If you asked me, I would be ready at whenever. But you, Taeyeon, will you? And I don’t mean to give you pressure by asking, but rather, babe, you are precious, your mind is precious, your emotion is precious, from your head to toe is precious to me. I do not want you to do it just because of me wanting it. I do not want you to sacrifice your life, your career, your everything just because of me wanting it. Or even, just because that how life should be, how society portray as if that’s how life should be, marriage then kids. No, babe. I told you million times and will say it again, even if until the time I will lay down at my deathbed, it would be only me and you, without kids, it will be enough, it will be perfec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter