Ambush, 2014

Untitled, 2022
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tokyo Dome Concet

May 2014

 

Here I was, enjoying the concert from the audience’s seat. I asked specifically to Youngbae’s manager to give me seat that not so close with the VVIP – Family and friends – row. Was trying my best to avoid an extra attention from others. Thankful they had extra seat a little far from them.

 

I was screaming my heart out and swinging the crown stick my boyfriend so proud of showing off at me, I took one from his house the last time I visited before we parted ways for our schedule. There he was, standing at the stage with other members singing Haru Haru as the opening show, song I loved the most from their discography. I cannot hold to feel giddy seeing him on stage, I cannot help to have tears because I was so happy for this moment.

 

Deep down I had one wish, if only I could sit here, watching him on stage, without this disguise but me, being myself, being Kim Taeyeon, who was so proud of the man on stage.

 

As they were finishing up the encore stage, I saw there was one of their manager asked me to follow him. I walked silently, in between the crowd, hoping there was no one recognized me in this big stadium. Well, I was positive there was no one. I hid myself really well.

 

The backstage was so packed. There were so many people inside. Understandable though, how many performers we had on stage today. From Psy to Winner and Ikon. I got used to this when we had SM Town Concert. The manager showed me the way which I followed the direction. There was a door which had their name on it. The door was opened, hence I could listen there was people talking which making me stopped to get inside.

 

“How are you?” the voice, female voice. In Japanese.

 

There was no answer. I was about to walk to the other side, deciding to not get through that door and just to come back to my hotel room, to text him that he did great, to sleep, and to go to Hiroshima the next day. And at the end to forget I listen to this Japanese voice that I was too afraid to know whose voice it was.

 

When I was about to turn around, I heard another voice, “come on, Ji. I know you both already broke up. But we all know, you guys always like that. Its G-Dragon and Kiko. As you said, many times before, you both ride or die…”

 

I cannot recognize whose voice that was.

 

And I cannot hear any words coming out from the man I just wished to meet.

 

“Stop playing, Ji. As you always do in between your on/off with Kiko. She came here, to meet you, and you both can continue, the ride or die you always proud of.”

 

My hands were trembling. I took a long breath. Still waiting and hoping that maybe, just maybe there was any way I could hear his voice, telling her no. ‘No, I have a girlfriend’ or ‘no, there’s no way for that ride or die anymore’. But then I just heard those words, that I recognized clearly, that was coming from him, making me had no choice but to turn around and go home as soon as possible.

 

“Hey, how are you?” I heard his voice, in Japanese.

He replied how are you with another how are you.

 

And we all knew, that ‘how are you’ could lead into something, and maybe everything.

 

I walked fast outside, far, and far away from that room, that backstage, the stadium, until I cannot recognize the street. I walked to any taxi stand near me and stopped one. So grateful I was walking far from the stadium. Cannot imagine the long line in getting the cab.

 

There were many things I had in mind, I was trying to list out one by one. All the emotions I had. Was I jealous? Did I need to get jealous over him meeting his ex?

 

But, this was the famous Mizuhara Kiko, I told myself.

 

More than anything, more than jealous, hurt, confused, there was one feeling that dominated all of them: fear. I was so afraid. I cannot help but to feel afraid. Will this end? Will he come back at her? Will he choose her? Or… maybe there was no choice anyway.

 

There was no option.

 

Always been her.

 

As soon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter