Butterfly, 2022

Untitled, 2022
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Like a butterfly

You look for a flower, flutter around like a child

Your innocent eyes have a smile, yeah (No matter what)

Your body moves like the sky, the sky

Your eyes glimmer, glimmer

I've become like this

You're the only one, girl

One love, one life

 

I woke up feeling nothing but stiffness all over my body. The headache hit me hard like never before, although as much as I tried to remember, I did not have any alcohol last night.

 

Wait, where was I last night? I believe I was in the recording room, then went home…

Wait, with who I was going home?

 

I sat up in a second to recall the night.

 

So I was at the recording room, then I got headache, then she put her hands to my cheeks… she…

 

Kim Taeyeon!

 

I rushed to go out of my room and walked faster around the house. Did she already go back home? I checked my phone while walking and found none. No message. So she just left me? While I was having fever?

 

But why did she need to wait for you, Kwon Jiyong?

 

When I was about to reach the kitchen, I could catch her voice. Her angelic voice. She was humming into our song. Yes, you might highlight, underline, and make it italic and bold: OUR SONG! FREAKING FINALLY! I expected nothing, but it sure was true that good things would happen when we less expected them to come true.

 

There she was, still in her oversized white tees and long pants with her hair tight up. In my kitchen.

 

I got goosebump all over my body. Because after I pinched my right cheek, I was in pain. So indeed, it was reality. She was back in my kitchen. I saw she was putting the porridge to the bowl and went back to the fridge, taking out the food container.

 

“My Lord!” she screamed when she went back and saw me close to the kitchen island. “Kwon Jiyong! You surprised me!”

 

I sat at one of the seat which facing to the kitchen. “You cook?” I asked her while she put the kimchi into the plate.

 

“You mocking me?” she replied which I responded with a laugh.

 

So it stayed the same. Kim Taeyeon can sing well, but cannot cook.

 

She put the bowl and plate in front of me. “Thankfully, my Mom is at my house. I called her to help me making this for you. I did not how to order in this area.”

 

What? “What? Your mom?”

 

With a nod, she went back to the kitchen to put the packaging into the trash can.

 

“I did not mean to trouble you, Taeng. And now even your mom also got troubled because of me.”

 

She shook her hand. “It’s okay. She loves to cook so she was happy when I called.”

 

I took a spoon of it while asking her again, “she knew it is for me?”

 

“I told her, it’s for a friend,” she said as she walked and sat next to me.

 

The answer successfully made me shush.

 

After I finished my meal. We just there, sat next to each other. Without a word. I really wanted to say something. Something I really wanted her to know. But I was so scared that it might scared her away.

 

“He is not, Ji,” suddenly, she said something. After such a long of silence.

 

“I am answering your previous question. He is not my boyfriend,” she added. “We are close, yes. He asked me once, which I replied, how could I?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter