Family

Regret is my biggest fear

YEJI’S POV

Yesterday was tiring, Mom and Dad were so excited. Chaeyoung unnie is helping me with Ryujin’s birthday and the surprise. I had to make excuses for a day off. Ryujin asked why I was not willing to go to the company and I said I wasn’t feeling well. I called Yuna and asked her to inform Mama and Dada for the lunch. And also not to say anything to Ryujin. I feel like I’m on a secret mission.

 

 

 

I asked the driver to give me a ride to wherever Yuna asked me to come. As I walked in I see Yuna waiting at a table for 4. “Hello” I said and sat on the opposite seat to Yuna. “Oh- Hey unnie” She moved her attention from her phone and looked at me. “Were you busy?” I asked with guilt. “Kind of, you know that Chaeryeong won’t let me leave her for a second also” Yuna said. I laughed at how awful expression she just gave. “Chaeryeong?” I asked with an eyebrow raised. I already know a little about them but right now Yuna was caught off guide. “I guess you don’t know yet” She said sipping water and wiping the sweat from her forehead.

 

 

 

“What is it I don’t know?” I asked teasingly. Yuna is like my younger sister. We hang out more often and there are few things just both of us know. Her expressions are so funny. She forcefully gulped the water down . “You and Chaeryeong are a thing. Is that what I don’t know?” I asked. She cleared and tried to speak. “Well- yeah” I giggled at her nervous she becomes when she talks about her relationship.

 

 

“By the way why did you want us here?” She changed the topic. “I’ll say when Mama and Dada arrives.” I sat more comfortably. Yuna’s phone could not stop ringing. I laughed at how she was bothered. “Unnie- I better take this” She picked her phone and walked a little away to answer the call.

 

While I was waiting for Yuna I could see them coming. “Good afternoon” I hugged Mama and did a handshake with Dada. “how are you dear?” Mama asked as they were seated. “I’m great.” I awkwardly smiled. “Why so sudden?” dada asked and I don’t know where to start from. “Ah- I have few things to share” I said softly not looking at them. “What is it? Is Ryujin troubling you? If yes, she will get good scolding from us” Dada said. I giggled. “No, no that’s not it. Ryujin did not do anything. Actually she did many.” I said the last part softly to myself.

 

 

“So, what is the reason you called us here in such a hurry” mama asked. I looked around to stop Yuna. She was coming our way to the table. “I need a second” I excused myself and rushed to Yuna. I pulled her by her wrist and turned around so that we were facing opposite to Mama and Dada. “Unnie what happened?” Yuna asked worried. I dragged her to a corner. “Listen carefully, I have a big news to disclose and I just can’t. Help me with it” I said really fast. “What happened, What is it?” Yuna asked worriedly, “I’m pregnant and I don’t know how I’m going to say that over there.” I spoke only to see Yuna screaming out of disbelieve. “Shh- don’t shout” I placed my finger on her lips to make her shut .

 

 

 

“Unnie you are pregnant? Like really” Yuna whispered. “Yeah, now help me to disclose it over there in front of you parents.” I whispered back. “We’ll go there and sit silently, I’ll say some stupid things and at the right time remind me that I’m pregnant. Is that ok?” I said.

 

 

“Yup” Yuna said and we walked to the table we previously were. “Hello mom, Hello dad” Yuna gave a high five to them. We sat there in silence. I looked at Yuna who was smiling stupidly. “I-“ I was about to say something but then “Yeji Unnie is pregnant” Yuna shouted in excitement. For a second I wished I could choke Yuna’s neck. I looked away. I was so nervous that time.

 

 

“What?” Mama asked surprised. “For real?” This time it was Dada. “Yuna, you better not be joking” Mama scolded Yuna. I was sitting across Mama. She caressed my hand and made me face her properly. “She is not lying right?” Mama asked. I just nodded. I hardly could see their reaction. “Dear this is a great news. Why haven’t you informed us before?” Mama asked. “And that irresponsible child of mine did not care to say her parents” Dada crossed his arms.

 

 

“It’s not like that. Ryujin still don’t know about this.” I said. “What?” “Why?” So many questions. Ahhggg. “Tomorrow is Ryujin’s birthday so I thought it should be a surprise.” I explained. They nodded. “So we all are going to be there on her birthday right?” Yuna clapped excitedly imagining her sister’s reaction. “Yeah of course” I spoke. “My children are so grown up already, I never imagined this day would be so beautiful” Mama sobbed. I caressed her back and offered water. “Mom please don’t cry” Yuna spoke. “It’s a happy moment, let us celebrate” Dada said.

 

 

“When did you know you were pregnant?” Yuna asked a little too loud. “ah- Day before yesterday” I spoke shyly. They looked at me with extra care. I know I will be treated so delicately. “It’s 2 weeks old” I softly added. “My girl” Mama hugged me. “Unnie couldn’t wait, could she?” Yuna chuckled followed by gaining a spank by Dada. “Don’t talk about your sister that way” We all giggled as Yuna widen her eyes in disbelieve that she got spanked.

 

 

  1. eat something” Yuna whined. “Sure” Mama said and looked through the menu. She passed me the menu and asked me to order. “You should decide” She spoke, “Unnie, order whatever you want. It’s on me. Well- I better excuse myself” Yuna spoke and again attended a call.

 

 

After we ate whatever we were served. I informed about the plan for tomorrow, Ryujin would be the happiest person. “It will be her best birthday. I’m looking forward to mine too” Yuna said and we all laughed. “You are still a kiddo” Dada said and patted her head. We all understood what Yuna meant. “Are you and you girlfriend not as good as….” I let that incomplete. “I know what you mean by that” Yuna crossed her arms. “Wait- you have a partner already?” Dada asked. “Well- lets go” Yuna glared at me and I just shrugged my shoulders. “You need to say me everything from the start.” Dada walked behind Yuna. “They will remain like that” Mama spoke. “ I hope we are always this happy family” I said.

 

 

“we surly will be. I’m looking forward to my grandchild” Mama giggled. “Mama…..” I could not help but whine.

 

 

 

All I want is A HAPPY FAMILY

I thought to myself and chuckled