What?

Regret is my biggest fear

 

(Authors note: English is not my first language so please excuse me)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

RYUJIN'S POV

I heard foot steps but I did not turn back. I just wore my Jersey and I was still wearing my jeans as I did not get time because of someone approaching the locker room. I turned and saw it was Yeji. I did not cared if she had seen me before cuz she was facing my back. Her expressions describes what was on her mind. Her expression was not shocking or exciting or scared. It was numb. I thought it was not a big deal for her. I saw she was holding a box in her hands. I looked at it then made eye contact. 

YEJI'S POV

I was so stunted seeing her exposed back which was barely covered by her sports bra. She was my crush and I never thought I would see her like this. She looked at me asking me an explanation for my presence in the locker room. I lifted the box higher. "Lia asked me to give you this". She raised her eyebrow as her lips slighted into a smirk. She was being weird. "Oh ok" she spoke. Is that it? Is she not going to say anything else. Like I just saw her changing and she was so cool about it. " umm what is it by the way " she asked. "I don't know Lia gave  this" it was wrapped in a floral printed wrap. I knew as Lia already told that there were chocolates. "Lia is your friend and she wants to give this to me?" She questioned  knowing what was the answer. I kept the box on the bench placed in the middle of the room. "I don't know I guess she  really want us to be friends. She is doing this for me. She don't want me to be alone or miss her absence." I wanted to kill Lia for doing this to me. Ryujin lifted the box and kept it in her locker. "Um.. Don't keep it in the locker it might melt". I was concern about Lia's gift for Ryujin. She took it out and placed it above her locker were she couldn't even reach properly. "What do you mean by melt?" She bounced back after she placed the box. " I don't know" I did not wanted to talk any longer. "I have to go and you also need to" I wanted to escape her sight. She looked at me with a expression of realization. "Yeah, I will be late". I walked out of the room. I took really long steps towards Lia who was waiting at the gate. I went close to her and pushed her hardly wanting to hurt her for the incident happened a minute ago.

 

LIA'S POV

" ouch " I cried out when I got hit by Yeji. I don't even knew what has happened. "Are you crazy?" I shouted holding my arm. "  why do you have to give her the chocolates and why did it has to be me? " Yeji almost shouted not with anger but by regreting. I don't know what has happened to her. "What?" I questioned her silly words. Yeji tried to cool down then spoke again. "She was half . Ryujin did not even lock the door or pulled any curtains." I did not have any option but laugh at Yeji's innocent anger. "She is your crush, why are you so angry. did she say something?" I was laughing but also had a concern point. "What do you mean... If she is my crush I can see her ?? And for your information she WAS my crush." Yeji had her eyes on me as I took one step back and looked from top to bottom at her. " WAS? stop lying to yourself. And I know you will make out with her after I leave" I joked. "Lia it's not funny. She was my crush and I don't want to see her anytime." Yeji started walking. "Ok fine I am sorry. Tomorrow we have English" I tried to change the topic . She looked into my eyes. "Help me with it then" she spoke, and then laughed after she said that. Realizing how we fought but still cared for each other. 

 

YEJI'S POV

I can learn English on my own but I had to make up after our small argument. "At my house?" Lia asked. "At my place cuz it comes before and we don't have to walk much" I was lazy, to be honest. "But my books.... Never mind we can share"."Good" I told her and we walked home. We greeted my mom and went directly to my room. When I was about to open the door I hear Lia's phone notified. I looked at the person's name from her lock screen to know  who messaged her. It was Shin Ryujin. Wait a minute when did they exchange phone numbers? Are they having something between them without letting me know. I just entered the room with Lia. Lia used the rest room. I waited with my books open on my huge study table attached to the bedroom wall. Lia even washed her face to be fresh for studying. "Let's start with the comprehension and letters" Lia spoke and sat next to me turning pages. "Ok" I said bending back on my chair. "You are good at reading and grammar what you need to improve is writing skills" Lia said and turned towards me. "Start" I spoke and moved forward and placed my hands on the table. "Okay so imagine you are writing a letter. It does not have to be long to express your feeling it has to contain expressive words. How should I explain. Umm yeah here, when you say you dislike something it shows you are not willing to do it or see it and when you say you hate something it shows you will never want anyone to mention it." Lia tried to explain and even moved her hands as in acting what she said. " Hmm" I looked into the book. "So what if I had to write an essay about something or a note?" I asked Lia as it could come in the paper. 

 

Time skipped as we studied each and every concept.

 

RYUJIN'S POV

I woke up early but the problem was with my shoulders. They were stiff and I had a body pain as I rolled in the ground after falling hardly. I went to the kitchen and made some black coffee. It was still 6 in the morning. I guess I overworked myself last night. I practiced then studied and slept at 10. I was good after my coffe . I arranged my bag and went to the bathroom to take a bath. I came out and dried my hair with a towel. I went to my sister's room and pulled her blanket. She was awake. "Unnie what time is it now?" She asked in the sleep. "It is 7. Get up and get ready for school" I felt and got ready for my exam which I did not know how I was supposed to write not able to learn English properly. I left my soccer bag as I was not going for training today. I walked into the corridor and saw my friends Chaeryoung and winter. I waved and got to my table. "Hey, what have you done?" Winter asked. I was confused . She pointed my neck which had marks. "Aaishhh you dirty minded people" I chugged. "Come on Ryujin say us. We won't mind listening from the beginning till the end" chaeryoung was not being herself I guess. "Seriously?" I made a disgusting face.    "Come on, at least the name" winter started teasing me. "The Lee Chaeyoung" I wanted them to be quite . "Yeahhh" Chaeryoung and Winter groam at me but left me alone. the exam started and it was quite tough.​ I was happy with whatever I have written cuz I wrote what I knew and 70℅ of the paper was filled. I felt from the class as the exam finished. I remembered that I have Lia's box. I still did not open it. I sat on the bench in the ground and unwrapped the box and I saw different types of chocolates. It made me smile by how nice someone can be. I made a sweet tooth. I ate 1,2,3 and saved them for later. I am not going to the training today so I thought of working out with chaeryoung at the school gym. I searched for chaeryoung and went to the gym.

 

YEJI'S POV

I was having a peaceful time then I see the door opened and a girl in oversized hoodie walked in. She kept her bag at the side and removed her hoodie. It was none other than Ryujin. She was wearing a crop top except the hoodie. Her packs were revealed. She had 6 packs and lightened 2 packs where her shorts were wore. I was going crazy by how hard she works on her dream. Her body perfect, her way of talking perfect, her eyes perfect, her expressions perfect. She is just perfect. I thought my heart skipped a beat. The time I saw her in elementary school before leaving she was a normal sized girl and now she is loaded with packs. "Hey you are here. I did not expect you to be here" she spoke widening her eyes but not more than mine. "Yeah, even I did not expect you here" I striked her words back. She got on the treadmill and walked slowly. "I play sports, what about you?" She asked me while pulling out her phone from her pocket . I got on the treadmill next to her's. "I dance and I like working out" "I know" Ryujin spoke and increased the speed. "What? What do you know?" I was a bit confused for what she just said. "I have seen you many times in the dance class" she said looking at me. "Were you in the dance class?" I was surprised if she really saw me dancing. "No, I used to come to see the dancers or just one dancer" she was making no sense but I guess she wanted me to ask who it is. I did not bother at her words. I think she used to see her crush secretly or was she saying someone and seeing her dance???? I had to stop thinking so I got down of the running treadmill. "So, when did you start working out?" I asked moving on to stop the treadmill . "A year ago maybe" she tried thinking. "The funniest part is we did not even greeted each other before a week." " it's because we did not knew we studied in the same school" I said. I turned and started the pull ups. "I am not talking about this. We did not even talked in elementary school." She said and I stopped pulling my boring and hanged in there. " you were my junior" I clear my throat. "So does it means that juniors and seniors can't be friends?" She stoped the treadmill and got down slowly. "They can be" I said to avoid her gaze. She went and lifted weights. She was so freaking hot. "Hmm... What else can we talk about" Ryujin asked still lifting dumbles. "I don't know. I am not good at conversation." I said continuing my pull ups. "You did not answer me" she spoke in an husky voice. I was confused and did not remember any incident were she asked me something. "What are you talking about?" She sat up and looked at me while her face was still facing down. We did not break eye contact for a few seconds and then she moved her eyes from me. "You lost" I said as if we were having a eye contest. "Its better to lose in real life than to be lost in your eyes" Ryujin's lips left those words and I blinked a few times not knowing is she mean it or not. I was blushing I know. "For what you needed a answer" I remind her what we were talking about. She chugged at my words at spoke after a second. "I asked are you dating anyone" I did not wanted to answer these type of questions. But I wanted her to know everything about me but, also I was scared that if she won't last long in my life. "And what if I am?" I asked her and I needed a answer . She stoped whatever she was doing. "I needed a yes or no" she said with a cold voice. "No, I never dated anyone" I told her the truth. She looked at me and spoke again " that means you don't want to date? " Ryujin was acting so bold and I want to make her embarrassed about the way she acts all cold and is really shy sometimes. "Why are you so straightforward?" I asked her and now it was my turn to make her feel butterflies. If not butterflies at least I want her to know how hard it is to look into someone's eye. "I like girls" Ryujin was shy this time and I guess she want me to know that because this is not the first time she told me. "So does that makes you straightforward?" I asked her and this time I was the one who was stairing at her. She opened then closed it. She tried to form words as I waited for the reply. " I don't know" she spoke. "From when did you start liking girls?" I asked trying not to look interested. " since I started watching LGBTQ+ dramas" She watched those and why? "Why did you watched it?" I asked. " I just tried one and.... " "and you started liking girls?" I formed words which I myself don't know where it came from. " yeah " she felt insecure and I could see that. "You just like girls right?" I wanted to know more as she was my crush. " yeah I am not a bi " the girl was back into her bold structure. "So how about you say that you don't like anyone right now" I asked hoping a yes. "I guess yeah" she said and walked close to me and whispered in my ear. "You could have told me you liked me so that we would have dated by now." What the . Is she for real? And how did she know I liked her? ???? I liked her. I don't like her now.. Please my heart won't let me move on from her.!!!

​​​​