Turnings

Regret is my biggest fear

 

YEJI'S POV

Are you going to take over the company or get married?" my dad asked. I did not want to take over the company or get married to anyone. "dad, I can't take over the company or get married without love". I said calmly thinking my dad will understand. "you need love to get married? And beside that why can't you take over the business?" my dad was frustrated. I have never seen him getting frustrated because of me in my whole life. He was planning to make me the CEO from the past year. His annoyness was valid. I kept him waiting for 1 year. And my sister is busy designing clothes for the company. She can't be the CEO. "what is the process?" I asked as my dad step back and crossed his arms. "of taking over the company?" my dad asked. I was hesitating to answer. I looked down. "of getting married". I said. I could feel my dad walking close to me once again. "you wanna get married?" my dad chugged. "it is a whole process. You will have to marry the CEO or his son if our company is in loss or has to merch the projects." I felt my dad's warm hands holding mine. "you don't have to do this". My dad continued. "I will meet my share partner and you won't get any time to know each other. You have a choice. Be in this marriage till the companies earn till its highest and then get divorced later. Or it would be much better if you fall in love with the person you marry. Everything will happen after you sign the marriage papers".  My dad said and left. I had tears in my eyes. I have moved on from ryujin. It's been six years. But yet I did not want to get married even if it was fake. 

 

 

 

I got home and directly event to my room. I hear my bathroom door open. I see my sister coming out. "ahhh unnie, you scared me". I said. She sat on the bed and looked at my upset mood. "what happened?" my sister pulled my wrist and made me sit next to her. "dad wasn't me to marry a person I don't even know". I said and looked at my sister. She spoke in a deep voice. "is it because of ryujin?" I was so angry at Everything happening around me. "no unnie. She does not exist me". I said and my unnie held my hand. "you don't know her side of the story. You shouldn't say that so easily. You did not let her explain herself" I looked at my sister with full of anger. "what will she explain. How she broke my heart and ran away." I spoke trying not to cry. "you were the one who chose to not listen to her even once. You ran away as a coward. If you had listened to her that time, things would have been cleared. Love is not easy yeji. You would have not fall in love if you did not know how to handle pain" she said. I dont want to listen anything else. "unnie, can you leave me alone for some time" I said and closed the door as she left. I went inside my blanket and cried all night. It was so cold around.

 

 

 

Few days later I was standing in the hallway of my dad's company. He approached me and asked me to follow me to his office. I went in and waited for dad to speak. "yeji, it is just for 1 year. Please don't back off now". I did not understand any words. I was so confused. "what do you mean?" I asked him. He was not able to speak further. "its not a guy. Please don't back off, its a billion dollar deal. Just stay as friends for 1 year" I was out of words. I did not even imagined to marry a girl after Ryujin left. I can't go through all of it again. That girl will surly remind me of Ryujin. I spoke. "why did you agree for a girl?" my dad looked into my eyes. "she is the CEO." I was froze. A young girl taking over the company. And what if she was not my age? My dad spoke again "she is really a successful person. She will give you everything you want. And she is sure that she will make you fall for her" my dad never talked about same genders marring. He never liked the idea. "I will not mind if you start liking her. But if you are uncomfortable then I will arrange you a different floor in the house. You can get divorced after that. But please Yeji do it for me. Do it for our future." I never thought my dad will get so selfish for his business. I can't be with a girl whose intentions are to fall in love. I don't want to marry the same gender. But I was comfortable to one point." you can get her number. No calls. She said she will surprise you. You won't get to know her name till you meet her this weekend" my dad was about to continue but I interrupted him. "why did not you asked me?" I was so not fine with my dad making all the decisions of my life. After all, I have to live my life.

 

 

 

"just one year Yeji. Be friends" my dad said and patted my arm and left me standing there dumbfounded. I was not sure what to do but then I recieve a call from lia.

 

 

 

"hey yeji" lia was speaking casually. "hello" I spoke and she notice the uncertainty in my voice. "Are you sad?" Lia was making me feel the need to burst out. "I am getting married to a girl who i did not even meet yet and i don't even know her name" i hear lia gasping. "What? You are getting married?" She shouted on the line. My ears were almost dead. "Yes. It's a deal between the companies and I will get divorce after 1 year" i said everything to Lia. She spoke again. "I am coming back to Korea. And get me your 'going to be wife' " lia was serious. I was not in a mood. I was not having any good feeling of getting into arange marriage. "I don't want to marry her. And she is also the CEO of her company" i said and lia was hooting. It made me had a second thought of getting married. I was going to get married. It was not a normal marriage but still i wil get married soon. "You got a jackpot yeji. And i will be the first one to recieve the pic of your future wife. And please let go your past" i knew what lia was speaking about. "Yeah i will send you after i meet her. I have her number but i dont know her name" i said and lia spoke in a silly way. "so what. Just text her to meet you as soon as possible". I was getting shy i guess. I don't know why. " I guess she is a lesbian because she said she will make me fall for her" i said. "Did she see your pic or know your name?" Lia was questioning continuously. I sighed. I want to clear everything to Lia. "That girl does not know my name or have my pic. She is not interested in seeing me before we meet. She is looking forward to make our marriage happen.she also have some health issue. My dad said she is the CEO of S AND S. You know that company right?" I said and lia shouted on the other line. "Wowww. She is really the owner of S AND S?? i cant believe that. That company is a international." I ended the call after talking for an hour. Lia was arriving next month. Obviously before the marriage.