Past

Regret is my biggest fear

YEJI'S POV 

 

I was going through a mental breakdown. My dad refused to cancel the contract. Why does it has to be Ryujin. And what is it that lia is mad at me. Why should I listen to Ryujin's explanation after 6 years? My life right now . I won't give Ryujin another chance. She will again break my heart. I was living peacefully untill Ryujin showed up. I don't even want to see her. The date of the marriage has come. I can't do anything. I will never stop hating her. 

 

 

LIA

I am returning to Korea in 5 days

                                                                                      

                                                                                                                                                ME

                                                                                                                            You don't have to

LIA 

I am informing you. 

 

I recieved lia's messages. I have no patience to listen to all the people blaming me. I just want to run away. I returned home and my dad gave me a paper. It was a letter. I read it and it was an apology letter. "you will be getting married on 16th December." my dad said and I stopped reading it. Before I could process my mind my dad spoke again. "you have 28 days" I walked to my room and read the letter carefully. It was all filled with sorry and chance to explain. I don't want anyone to ruin my life again. I think I should listen to her. And what I have to do I will do. No explanation can change the old marks.

 

ME

tomorrow at 3

                                                                                                                                           RYUJIN

                                                                                                                                    Ok but where?

ME

I will send the address 

                                                                                                                                           RYUJIN

                                                                                                                                            Okey

 

I was not sure of what I will listen from her but I was sure I will not change my mind. I did not want to think more about what will happen tomorrow. I was tired of all the happened today. The next moment I was asleep. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I was walking to the car. I saw chaeyoung unnie waiting for me in the car. I thought the driver would take me to the cafeteria. "what are you doing here unnie?" I asked and she opened the door. "sit. I will drive you"  she said. I entered the car and put my seat belt. "where?" my sister asked. I directed her the way of the cafeteria. "you don't have to do this unnie?" I was looking forward even if I was talking to her.  She did not reply. After few minutes I was in front of the place. "solve it Yeji. Don't regret your whole life" my sister never played riddles with words. I stepped out of the car. "what do you mean?" I want her to give me a clear statement. She spoke. "you will realise you were wrong." she left the next second she said this. I was Dumbfounded. I walked in the café. I see Ryujin sitting on one of the table. I went and sat in the chair front of her. "I will give you 10 minutes. Speak everything" i said and waited her to reply. I did not want to do any hi or hello. I went straight to the point. She looked firmly into my eyes. "Ok so, when we were dating we never had any problems. The day that motherer soobin created a scene you just saw what he wanted you to see. He liked you and he was jelous of me. he tried this way to ruin our lives. And i never ran away. I left because i could not handle the pain" 

 

I could see tears in her eyes. Her voice was breaking. I could see her in pain. I don't know why I feel hurt when she cries. I could not believe what she said. It's not a big thing. Why did she take so long to clear such a small thing? "Why did you leave then?" I asked and the next think I see is she was having difficulty in breathing. I dont know what to do. I started panicking. Her hand went to her bag and she pulled out a siringe and harshly insirted into her arm. I was scared. I never faced any situations like this. I want to cry. I even feel tears at the corner of my eyes. "Are you fine?" I rushed and started rubbing her back. "Yeah. No need to worry. It happens quite often" she said and asked me to sit in my seat. I sat back. I guess her health issue is because of the incident happened 6 years ago. "I never ran. I was just.... Getting bullied by guys. I went to my hometown. I stopped playing soccer. I am suffering with insomnia. I did not want you to know this. You asked for an explanation and this is what I can tell you" her voice gave me chills. I guess she is telling the truth. But still she was never beside me when I was suffering. "Ryujin if you would have tried a bit more then I would have not suffered so much. You never tried to look back. And you are not a person to get bullied easily. At least stop lying now." I was again in the same mess. I got up and left the cafeteria. I turned to look at Ryujin one last time before leaving. Her head was low. She was scratching her plam with anxiety. She was sobbing. I don't want to care for her. I don't think she is speaking the truth.

 

I see notifications on my mobile. It was the news of me and Ryujin getting married. And before that there was a engagement ceremony. I hate it so much. I don't want to spend a single minute with her. But yet i have to show the media that it is love. I will have to be fake like Ryujin.