Complicated

Regret is my biggest fear

RYUJIN'S POV

 

 

I was not able to control my tears. I started driving. Everything around be looked blur. I was sobbing all the way back home. I was sneakily trying to go to my room but I see Yuna in front of my room. I wiped my tears. She pulled me inside the room before anyone could see me. "Unnie, did she hurt you?" Yuna was whispering. I felt my palm and feet sweaty. "No. It's just that, it is hard to face her" I said and Yuna made me sit on the chair. "Unnie, you know what? You should also play the dirty games" I was taken back by her words. I did not understand what she said.

 "What do you mean?" I said in shock. " make her feel special. Get her back in your life. Make her fall for you once again. Act caring and kind but by your looks you should be like the chick and cool and bossy Ryujin " Yuna said. for a second I thought I got yuna's point. "I am trying. But I want to show her it's not my mistake that happened 6 years ago" I see Yuna rushing to speak. "That's my point unnie. Show her how much you went through. Listen to the plan" she sat beside me holding my hands. "What plan?" I asked. 

 

 " First make her fall for you. I don't know how, but do it. Then ask any of your friends to create a scene how that guy did to you. Then you should enter at the time and blame it on Yeji. " Yuna was surprising me every second. "That won't change anything." I said and laid on the bed. "Unnie, you should do it. Make her feel the guilt. You know she won't deserve you" Yuna leaned at the wall. " I will show her through what I went but not by doing these tricks" Yuna raised her eyebrows. "What are your plans unnie?" 

 

 I sat on the bed crossed legs. "I will hate her. And yet she will fall for me" Yuna was quite surprised. "After all you are The Older Shin" Yuna said and giggled. I made Yuna sit beside me. "I want her to know how it feels to wait so long. I want her to be happy with me or without me" I said and Yuna sighed. "Unnie,you shouldn't care. It's a deal. Make her regret every single thing in life" she spoke. "I won't hurt her" I said and I asked Yuna to leave because I was too tired. 

 

 

 

 

YEJI'S POV

 

 "No turning back" my dad said and handed me the papers . I read the heading. It was the engagement agreement. I was so frustrated that my dad's behavior changed so quickly. I took the pen and signed it without even reading it once. I gave him the papers back. "You forgot that your child has a heart and only the sign on these papers won't change her mind" I said and tried to walk away but my dad held my hand to stop me. I was facing him again. "Dont run your mind Yeji. Ryujin said she will arrange a separate room for you" my dad spoke. I rescued my hand from him. "That not a great thing, she did" I said and left. I was at my house. My mom approached me. 

 

 "My child, I am sorry I could not help you"  my mom cupped my cheeks. "Don't worry mom. It's just like a survival game. Living with no emotions for 365 days." I said and my mom hit my arm. " don't do that. Try to live a good life. Create your life. Don't let anyone spoil it" my mom said and she hugged me. "I will try my best mom. But I have no hopes to make it work more than the time given in the contract." I said. My mom release me from the hug. " my chil, this is not how we have thought you " my mom said. 

 

 

I get a call from Lia. I tried to avoid it but I couldn't. I pick up the call. "Hello" I said . 

 "Hello"

 "Why did you call?" I don't think she needed to call.

 " why can't I call? " 

 "What do you need?"

 " I don't need anything. When is the engagement? "  How did she know about the engagement?

 "on 2nd" I said.

 "I will arrive in 2 days" she did not sound excited like always.

 "Ok"

 "I will say everything after I get there but I will say you a little of it now."

 "What?" I questioned

 "Ryujin has a heart disease"

 I was not ready to listen to this. Is that the reason she was not able to breathe?

 "Wh-what?" I almost shouted.

 " she will say it if you gain her trust" Lia said

 "I don't want to" I said reminding myself the incident happened before.

 "You will not get anything if you be so stubborn"

 " I don't care" I said.

 

 

 

Lia ended the call. I want to escape from the trap. I don't want to be the one who handle all the emotions. I don't know if I was selfish or not but I don't need anyone in my life. Only 8 days left for the engagement. I get notifications.

 

 

  It was media. It was all over the headlines. THE YOUNG AND GORGEOUS CEO OF S AND S IS GETTING MARRIED TO NONE OTHER THAN HWANG'S BEAUTY,  HWANG YEJI. 

I was shook by how the people make the deadly dry articles look so alive and remarkable. The venue was booked by Ryujin's dad. My engagement dress was send by Ryujin. It might have been good if it was a marriage with love but it was just a agreement made on paper. I can't live in the same house with Ryujin. 

 

I heard that Ryujin bought a house with her own money to live after the marriage. A house not smaller than a palace to a person who don't even want to talk to her. She might be stupid or she did it to get the public attention. My dad said I will live with her after the engagement. It was not in the contract but yet my family thinks that they can get the exs together. My mom and sister know that she is my ex but my dad doesn't know anything. 

My mom understand the pressure that was on me. 

I woke up. It was the day Lia will arrive. I went to the airport. She took a lot of time to check out. I finally see her. I did not think anything but ran to hug her tightly. She returned after a year. Her family was still in Canada. "I am sorry" I said and asked my driver to get her bags. I got Lia's house clean as she said she will live in her house. "It's alright" she said and patted my head. We were at the way to her house . "Give Ryujin a chance" Lia broke the silence. " I will have to think about it" I said. "Don't take too long to process your thoughts" Lia spoke and moved to lay her head on my shoulder. 

 

 

 

We arrived at her house. "Good job Yeji" she said as I managed to keep her place clean. "What were you going to tell me" I asked. "It's better if she says it to you directly because it's her live and her problems" she said and fell on the sofa. " if it's her problem why will she tell me" I said and sat beside lia. "Stop questing Yeji. She will still love you. You did not break her heart once or twice you have hurt her 3 times." She said and I doubted my ears.     " what??? 3 times? How is that so? " I asked Lia crossing my arms. "I said I am not the one to speak it all. " she said. We spend the whole day at her place. 

 

Only 3 days left for the engagement. My dad gave me a ring. Which is supposed to be on Ryujin's hand after the engagement. I think the engagement will be dry as Ryujin. I don't care how it is. But my image in the media is really high and I will maintain it. I won't let myself down this time SHIN RYUJIN.