Bet

Regret is my biggest fear

RYUJIN'S POV

 

 


 "Today they are announcing the winners of the fashion week. Remember?" Yuna spoke as she entered my office. " we were discussing that" Chaeyoung unnie said. I got up from the chair and walked to where they were standing. "Lets go to the cafeteria" I said as I lead them to the elevator . "Why, is Yeji not giving you food?" Chaeyoung unnie said following by Yuna giggling. "Oh please" I uttered and pressed the button of the elevator to the floor we needed to reach. We walked till the middle of the cafeteria and I stood there looking at the really big screen above.


 "You may have a seat" one of my worker's said politely. "I'm fine, thank you" I said. Yuna sat down on the chair which the employee provided. "What time will it be out?" I asked unnie . "At 2 pm" she informed and I looked at my watched. It was just 3 minutes to go. I rocked back and fro on the heels of my shoe waiting. 


 "What if we don't win this time?" Yuna asked. " there's no way anyone can compete us" Chaeyoung unnie spoke the words which I was about to say. "Right" I nodded. "I wanna bet on something" I said confidently. " what? " Yuna now stood because it's very rare that I bet on something like that and if I do that, everybody knows its a big step. "I'll give Yuna the company in Korean that mean this one, if we win" I said. "Isn't it the other way. Why will you give it if we win? It should be if we lose" Chaeyoung unnie spoke.


 "What's said is said" Yuna spoke excitedly. "I have the branch in U.S to look after. " I turned myself back to the screen and the timer was displayed. It was from 10 seconds. People around turned all there attention to the screen now. Counting with the countdown. And then followed by a loud hooting. I clapped and tuned round to find Yuna running around with joy. Seeing my sister happy makes me feel that I have done a good job as a older sibling. 

 "Congratulations" Chaeyoung unnie patted my shoulder with a warm smile. "Thanks, you too. As I said we will always be at the top one" I said with pride. "This means we need to party" Yuna jogged to me . "Sure" I said with a smile. "We need drinks too" Chaeyoung unnie added. "I'm calling winter and chaeryeong too" I spoke and walked to my office to clear my schedule. 


 "Lets go" Yuna said as we were seated in my car. I drove them to where Chaeyoung unnie planned. "I love you" Yuna tightly hugged chaeryeong and spinner her in her arms. "Woah woah woah keep it low Yuna" winter laughed. "What happened, you seem in a really good mood" chaeryeong asked. "Yuna will take over the company as Ryujin said" Chaeyoung unnie spoke and greeted winter with a warm smile. 


 "Really?" Both Winter and Chaeryeong said in union. And Yuna nodded with a wide smile. "Isn't she your baby sister which you underestimated" winter teased. " she have grown so much, I'm so proud of her" I caressed Yuna's hair. "Ok, so let's go inside" Yuna said and led us in the restaurant. 


 "No limitations for today" Chaeyoung unnie said. Everyone nodded. I felt the vibration in my coat and then I pulled out my phone. "Guys I'll be back in a minute" I said as I was getting up from my seat. " it's Yeji right? " Chaeyoung unnie peeked in my phone. "Let me talk" Yuna pulled the phone from my hand. "Yuna no" I tried to stop but till then she already picked up the call. "Hello unnie" Yuna said excitedly. I still tried to take away the phone from Yuna. She did not let me. "Ah Ryujin unnie is busy" She lied. "heck no Yuna, give it back" I said chasing after her.


 "She'll surely get beaten up at home" winter murmured. I failed to get the phone from Yuna as she held it above her height stretching her hand and then pressing the end button. "You'll pay for it" I said snatching away my phone. 

 

After celebrating our success I drove home. I was a little scared because of what happened today. I pressed the code and walked to the kitchen to get some water. Later I sat on the couch. It was quite late at night. I rested my head on the support of the couch closing my eyes. 


I felt weight on my lap, I opened my eyes right away to find Yeji sitting on my lap with her hands wrapped around my neck. "Well, hello" I uttered. "Congratulations" she pecked my lips once and looked at me as if she was adoring me. I held onto her by her waist. " did you drink? " She asked me and hit me lightly on my arm. "a little" I said. "And thank you, it was possible because of you" I spoke and rubbed my hand on her waist. "Its not because of me, the model was great" she said and giggled. 


 "I called you, seemed that you were busy" she said running her hands through my hair. "I wasn't, Yuna tried to play with me." I said making a mad face. " it's alright, Yuna is just very playful" Yeji said pecking my nose. "Wish you could understand me for these silly things" I said letting out a laugh. "I am married to you and not your sister. I have to life the rest of my life with you idiot" 

 

I giggled in the most silliest way just to find Yeji laughing. "You are stupid" she said and soften her glare at me. I shifted my glare from her left eye to her right and then to the tempting lips.


I leaned in and softly touched my lips on hers later whispering a I love you.