Sneak in

Regret is my biggest fear

YEJI’S POV

 

The birthday party came to an end and as I closed the door after greeting the last guest. Ryujin pulled me into her arms and lifted me up. “Put me down” I said tapping her shoulder. She slid me down still close to her, and hugged me. It felt so warm as she hanged in there as a small kid. I caressed her hair without a word exchanged.

 

 

She softly loosen her grip on my waist and looked at me. I had to look down at her as she was bending her knees a little. I pushed few stags of her hair behind her ear. “You don’t know how happy this news made me.” She spoke and went down and picked me up in her arms. I supported myself as I wrapped my arms around her neck, after all she will do what she wants to.

 

 

“Hon, I’m so grateful” She said as she place me softy on the bed. “I was scared at first but then I know you are my wife and I don’t need to worry about anything” I said and peeked her lips twice. She blushed a little on that statement. “I could not wish for any other best thing rather than this” She was hovered on top of me, hand placed on the bed on either side of my torso.

 

 

She went down a little and placed soft kisses on my tummy and caressed a little. “Baby, this is mama. I cannot wait to meet you” I giggled because her finger moved over my belly which is really ticklish. “Why are you being so clingy?” I asked her between my giggles. She settled beside me. Her head supported by her palm and her elbow dig in the mattress facing me.

 

Her right hand still on my stomach. “I’m talking to my baby, don’t disturb our private time” Ryujin placed her finger on my lips asking to be quite. I just laughed at how silly she was talking. “You know, you were supposed to be inside early actually years back but-“ Ryujin stopped at that. Then later laughed. “Sorry baby, we will be really old when you grow up to be a kid or teen whatever” Somewhere I also felt bad about that. Like I will be 42 when he or she turn 13? Wait what? Holy realisation hits hard. I’ll be that old? This is humiliating. “Ryujin-“ I spoke and she turned her attention to me. “Yes?” She asked running her hand through my hair. “Thank you for everything. Thank you for not leaving my side when I treated you so bad. And thank you for caring for me at every point of life. I can never be less thankful for the efforts you put in our relationship. And thank you so much to accept me and treat me better than I deserve.” I don’t know from where I formed those words but I knew it came out from the bottom of my heart. “I’m tired of explaining that you deserve everything and whatever I did, you don’t need to be thankful for that but I guess this once I’ll let it go. So you are welcome”

 

 

“I promise to not cause more trouble in your life” I said softy looking away. She placed a kiss on my forehead and spoke. “You did not cause any trouble babe, and just forget about the past we both were not ready for twist and turns in our lifes. We need to be more understanding and I’m trying my best. When I treat you how you deserve, I develop a thing to be more positive and open-minded. When I’m around you I be myself and learn few things which will help our relationship. The efforts you put are enough and I always love you” She tried to make me calm down.

 

 

“Don’t cry now” I wiped the tears falling down her cheeks. She was sobbing. I got up and passed her a glass of water. “You don’t understand, I am trying to be much good and then you say you don’t deserve it. In seconds you make my efforts feel nothing” She wasn’t drinking the water so I placed it in front of . “I’m sorry, I appreciate everything you do, I get overwhelmed because you are too good.” I said feeling guilty.

 

“I’m not too good, I’m trying to be someone who you can lean on for the rest of your life. I want to be someone who can provide you everything.” She spoke between her sobs. I’m really grateful for whatever she does. And every time we talk about we deserve what we have, it always leads anyone of us to cry.

 

 

And while we were talking we could hear some noises from out. I guessed it was a conversation between two people. Actually three. I singled Ryujin that I’ll be right back and she followed every move of mine. I slowly opened the door of our bedroom to find Yuna, Lia and Chaeryeong. They stood froze as they saw me. “What the hell are you guys doing here at this hour?” I asked and after a second Ryujin walks beside me. “What are you doing here?” Ryujin asked them too.

 

“Nothing we were just checking on you guys, right Yuna?” Lia spoke terrified. “That’s not what happened I’ll say you” Chaeryeong spoke who was a little away from the scene, arms crossed. Yuna rushed to keep Chaeryeong’s mouth close but you can assume what happened. “Just spill it out Chaer” Ryujin said.

 

“These two here-“ She paused and pointed Lia and Yuna. “They bet that you guys might be having ‘that time of yours’ and that’s why they pulled me along. Yuna bet you guys were, you know having and Lia bet you people would be lovey-dovey.” Chaeryeong ended with that. Ryujin stood in front of Yuna, scanning her.

 

 

“Listen Yeji, I’m sorry” Lia excused. The look on their face was horrible. “Lol fine” I laughed. “Yuna, like what? Sneaking in on your sister and her wife at what time at night?-“ Ryujin looked at her watch and continued. “At 2 am? Seriously. And why? Just to check on us?” Ryujin built a mountain of questions. Yuna stood there facing down and flinching at every word Ryujin stressed. “I’m sorry it was just for a bet” Yuna said and look at me with puppy eyes asking me to help. I laughed and stood in between them moving Ryujin away a little.

 

“Its fine, they did that for fun and they will promise not to repeat that, right?” I shot a glare at Yuna and Lia. “Yes we promise” Both added quickly. Ryujin looked at me with a ‘why?’ expression. “You don’t have to cover up for them” Chaeryeong said. Yuna quickly faced Chaeryeong with a ‘you are unbelievable’ expression. “Why are you adding oil to a burning fire?” Yuna spoke. “See ryu I’m sorry I must have stopped Yuna”

 

“What. why me? It was your plan too. Woah I can’t believe this. I’m being rounded.” Yuna stood there in disbelief. “It’s alright Lia, but Yuna, you’ll meet me at the office at 10” Ryujin shot a glaze and I could see Yuna sighing. I pulled Ryujin for a kiss. I moved my lips and so did she.

 

 

It lasted for few seconds and I backed off. “She’s fine now. Nothing will happen I promise” I said to Yuna. “You would have done that earlier” Yuna said. “Ryeji omg I shipped them from the start ahgg” Lia shouted. “I did not see what I saw right?” Chaeryeong with a disgusted face walked down the stairs. “What? you shouldn’t be doing that” Ryujin spoke softly. “We’ll go before Chaeryeong leaves us” Lia said and walked away. “I’ll be going too unnie” Yuna hugged and whispered in my ear. “Thanks for that, I love you” followed by a kiss on the cheek.

 

 

“They are unbelievable” Ryujin sighed.

“So are you”

 

 

 

 

 

 

(A/N: I know this chapter is kinda boring but I’ll come back with a good one. And sorry for late updates, I had school and stuff going on in my head. I’ll update almost every day)