The news

Regret is my biggest fear

YEJI’S POV

 

I’m happy but scared. Right now we are at the dine. Having our breakfast, it was silent only our spoons and knifes were making the sounds. Not unless I spoke “Ah- Ryujin, I have to attend the dinner with my family today” she nodded while chewing. “Do you want me to join?” She asked. How am I supposed to say that she cannot. “It’s- it’s actually…. Ahh yeah, Chaeyoung unnie wants me there for some of her personal work I hope you don’t mind.”

 

 

“Yeah I don’t mind. Enjoy your evening” she said and placed a kiss on my forehead. “hon, hurry we need to leave” she spoke as she was wearing her shoes. “coming” I picked up my purse and walked to her.

 

 

 

 

After we reached the company I rushed to my cabin and called Chaeyoung unnie.

 

“Unnie...”

“Yes?”

“where are you?”

“At the company”

“We have to attend dinner, do you remember?”

“Yes I know”

“Good , so pick me up at 7 so that Ryujin won’t offer to drop me there”

“Fine…. See you then”

“see you”

 

Even at work I was thinking how to disclose the news. My family will over react and I don’t know how to handle them that’s why I needed Unnie.

 

“Yeji, can you show me the outfits” Ryujin asked as she entered. “yeah sure just a second” I walked to where the dresses were. Ryujin sat on the sofa and waited. I showed each one by one and she kept nodding in approval. “The last one is really good” She pointed at one dress and I displayed it separately. “So is it fine?” I asked.

 

 

“yeah they are all good. I hope we top this” she spoke and stood up helping me place the dresses. “We will, I hope so too”

 

 

Well, the day was so boring, so slow. I was getting nervous by the though of the dinner later.

 

 

To my surprise I saw a familiar face. Lia it is. Why so sudden? “hey, do you even remember you had a friend?” she asked as I squeezed her tightly as we hugged. “yes bestie. I was just a little busy” I excused. “how have you been?” she asked. “I’m fine, how about you?”

 

 

“I’m great too” she spoke and made herself comfortable on the couch. “I have something to say” I spoke as I remember THE NEWS. We always shared the silliest things and this is the thing she would like to hear from me and not from anyone else. She will get to know this as she will be attending Ryujin’s birthday. “what?” she asked and I sat on my chair facing her. “Well you know,,,,”

 

“Know what?” she asked as I just chuckled. “I’m pregnant” I said softly under my breath. “For God sake Yeji speak loudly” Lia was always like this. Curious and impatient. “I’m gonna be a mother” I said littler louder than the last time. “You are adopting?” she asked. This girl, surly a sloth. Slow.

 

 

“ I’m pregnant” I said. She approached and hugged me, that I could not breath. “Woah Yeji, I never knew this thing. Is it really Ryujin’s?” she asked. I knew what she was talking about. And I know she was amazed. “Obviously” I said as she released me from the hug.

 

 

“You are telling me this now?” She said. “I found out yesterday okay? And I know what you’ll ask next, so I will let you know before you ask. It’s 2 weeks” I spoke.

 

 

After the talk with Lia I was waiting for Unnie to pick me up. I did not see the need to change because I wore something according the occasion.

 

 

 

 

“you ready” Unnie asked as she pulled over . “I don’t know” We walked in and later we were at the dine. “Great to have you here my daughters” Dad spoke before we were served. “its been a long time we had a family dinner like this” mom spoke holding her chest.

 

“Your mom is still the same, Dramatic!” Dad said which made us laugh and mom glared at dad asking him to shut up. Me and Unnie laughed. I surely missed our family dinner. “So why this sudden dinner plan?” mom asked.

 

“We missed you” Chaeyoung unnie spoke. The dad nodded and poured wine. “You will like this one I bet” dad offered unnie a glass and then me. I just thanked and stared at the glass. Not drinking a sip and just chewing my food. “Why aren’t you drinking Yeji?” Dad asked.

 

 

 

“I can’t drink” I said and looked at my parents. My hands gripping my dress on my lap. “Why?” Mom asked and Dad just stared. “I’m pregnant” I spoke and squirt my eyes a little. My mom pushed her chair back and stood next to me placing her hand at my back. “Really?” Mom almost shouted from excitement. I nodded. “My child, I can’t be happier than this” when I looked at her she was already crying.

 

 

“Mom don’t cry” I stood up. Hugging my mom. Dad joined too. His eyes were also watery. In many years once did dad cry, and that is today. “I’m so happy” Dad said wiping his tears away. “can I join?” Chaeyoung unnie asked standing in a corner. We laughed at her awkward smile. “Sure” I extended my arm and we were in a group hug. “Let me say you the info first” I said as we released. We sat down again as I asked them to.

 

 

 

“First, Ryujin still don’t know about this. It’s going to be a surprise in her birthday, I planed her birthday and I will explain you guys too as I want you all to be a part of it. Second, my baby is 2 weeks old and I found out yesterday that I am pregnant” I said the details. My family nodded

 

My mom had that proud smile and dad kept looking at me and Chaeyoung unnie as if he had to say something. “Yeji, how are you and Ryujin?” Mom asked. “How am I supposed to answer that?” I asked awkwardly and took a bite.

 

“what I’m supposed to say is, how are you two as a couple?” She asked more clearly. “we are good, she cares for me and looks after me. She always make sure I have everything I want and she never miss a chance to adore me. Sometimes when we don’t feel like working or something she cooks and also helps me get done with some of the work I have. We mostly go on dates like we are still girlfriends, we try to work things out even if we are in hardship. We don’t really fight, it’s just her or me who seems annoying sometimes. Frankly, we are good in this marriage” I said with a proud smile.

 

 

Never knew marriage will be this joyful. Caring partner is everything a women needs and all of it was in Ryujin. “And good in bed” Chaeyoung unnie said under her breath. My mom and dad laughed and my unnie got hit by me. “yah- you can’t just say things like that” I yelled. My parents are still laughing. “ isn’t it the fact?” Unnie fires back. I said down quietly and blushed.

 

 

 

It’s the fact after all