Regret is my biggest fear

YEJI'S POV

 

"Ryujin wake up" I said as I placed a bowl of hangover soup on the side table. She kept groaning under the blanket. I moved the blanket a little and sat next to the sleeping Ryujin."Ryuddong, wake up. it is already noon" I slowly pulled the blanket from her face. I caressed her hair. "what are you doing?" she whined as she tried to pull the blanket from me, but failed. "what do you mean? I am here to wake you up" She slowly tried to open her eyes, frowning. 

 

 

" I dont want to" she said but slithered to sit. "go and wash up, i have brought you some hangover soup" she got up from bed but then turned around. "hangover soup?" she said and next second she held the back of her head. I rushed to support her. " Yes, you were drunk yesterday" i spoke and made her sit at the edge of the bed. "stay here" I said and arranged a table on the bed and placed the bowl on it. "finish it' i said and rubbed her back. "i hate you Yeddoung" Ryujin said as she drank some of the soup.

 

 

"its ok. I know that" i kept rubbing her back. she held my hand to stop me. "Why are you so hard to tolerate?" she asked and kept drinking. "I wont do that next time" I said and lowered my face. Nobody spoke. It seems that she is enjoying the soup. "I am the younger one but you are my responsibility. why?" she complained. "You dont have to be responsible for me, i will manage myself" i said as i asked her to continue to finish the soup. she dropped the spoon harshly. 

 

 

" I never said that" she stared at me for a longer time and continued to speak. "Why cant you take responsibility of me? Why am i the only one who has to make out ways to love?" she was sad. I thought of what she just said. She is right in a way. "I will make sure that you dont have to stress out because of me" i said as a sad smile appeared on my lips. " You are an idiot, you know?" She never says things like these but i guess she is really mad at me. i nodded as response. 

 

 

"See, again acting like an idiot" she said and pulled my face from my chin. I could not say anything so I just looked at her. She sighed before speaking again. "You just need to confess at times like these" she said and her expressions explained that I was worthless. i spoke in a soft voice. "ok, i confess i was a stupid person that never cared for you" I was hit hard on my head as i said that. "ouch" i cried in pain. "is this called a confession? you just need to make the right use of you mouth" i was left dumbfounded when she said that. she tightened the grip on my chin, with her thumb. 

 

 

she moved forward and almost jumped close to me. she came close to my ear and spoke in a husky voice. "idiot" she said and in a second she moved away from my ear and attached her lips on mine. Evertime we kiss, why does it feels like its our first time? The same nervousness. The same feeling which I had almost 7 years ago. She brushed her lips softly on mine. i pulled her from her nape and supported myself. I wrapped my hands around her neck, giving her more access. After a minute we both backed away when there was a need to breath. She maintained to keep our foreheads in contact. I slowly unwrapped my hands from her neck. I opened my eys and see her brown shiny eyes.

 

 

She is still the same. nothing has changed in her. She still loves me how she did before. "I love you" i said and moved back. "this is how you do it" she said and smirked. "Okay miss, can you give me classes?" i asked and Ryujin smiled wildly. "Any time" she said and contiued to eat. I love to see her happy. She always smiles even if she is going through her worst time. How can she be so strong?

 

 

"we are going on a date" I said. Ryujin turned to me. We were in the kitchen. She walked close to me and placed her hand at the back of my neck. "Sorry love, i have some work which needs to be complete by today" she said and placed a kiss on my forehead as and apology. "fine" I groaned. " I promise I will take you on a date before our marriage." she said and smiled. which made me realise there is very less time for our marriage. She did not give me a chance to speak. "i have a surprise. Wait till then" She said and left me standing dumbfounded in the kitchen. 

 

 

 

RYUJIN'S POV

 

I started my work. I was so much stressed by the work. It was not easy to prepare a PPT and promote to other companies. I heard yeji talking with someone. i recognise the person by her voice. I thought it would be rude if i dont greet her. I went out of the study room and walked to the living room, from where the voice was coming. "Hey" i said.

 

 

"Hello Ryujin' Lia smiled and got up to hug me. "You are here?" I asked because i was curious like always. "Yeah, your fiance was feeling lonely" she said as i eyed Yeji. "Yahh" Yeji whined and hit Lia. "Just kidding. I was just missing her as you stole my bestie"    Lia smiled sheepily. weird. "ok, i came out to greet you. i actually have some work." i said and smiled softly. Lia spoke "Yeah no probs, we wont disturb you" i nodded my head and spoke one last time. 'ok, i will continue my work then, see you" I recieved a hand wave from the both of them.

 

 

ahhh, This is hard, I calculated the work one last time. I still have to complete half of my presentation. I was working from the past 3 hours. Now I need a break. I got up and walked out of the house for some fresh hair. I thought of walking till the store and buy some drinks. On the way back, I drank a soft drink. I walked in the house and went straight up  to the study room. I was boiling with anger when I saw Yeji doing something with my presentation. "oh! you are home. I just corrected the calculations which were wrong. Never thought a CEO like you will get these little calculations wrong" She said and got up from the chair. 

 

 

I dropped the packet which were in my hand. "Out Yeji" I yelled. She gave me a questionable look. She was dumbfounded like always. "what?" she asked. I could not help but clinched my fist in anger. "Get out now" I screamed and walked to the table. I undid all the changes she made. She just moved side. "never get in my personal space" I said and started looking at the presantation. Yeji did not say anything but left the room. i dont know why but i was a ball of anger. 

 

 

It was 4 in the morning when I completed the presentation. I took a nap while sitting and leaning my head on the table. I slept till 11.  I rushed to take a bath and get ready to leave for the office. my dad asked me to wait in my office before the investers may come. I see my dad entering my office. "good after noon dad" i said. "are you ready?" He asked and sat on the chair across my desk. "yes dad" I said and waited for him to advice me like always. "This is a really important meeting, i hope you take it well." He spoke and asked me to sit. In 10 minutes i was needed to be there at the meeting.

 

 

After sometime I was facing the investers. "Good Evening everyone" I said and adjested my coat. "This is the plan of how we will lead the industry" I started presenting my PPT. I pointed everything as I explained my plan to them. Its not like I am doing it for the first time but still I was nervous. My mind went blank when an invester raised his hand and interupted me. "Yes Sir" I asked him to speak. "Everything is really good but have you checked the calculation you did?" I looked at the laptop in front of me. Everyone checked what the invester spoke. When i saw that my calculations are wrong, I felt too nervous. I dont know what to do.  My calculation . How did i calculate the marketing prise wrong. 

 

 

"Ladies and gentlemen, I am sorry for not being able to take this meeting any far" I said as I bowed at them and rushed to leave the room. I walked to the restroom and washed my face a hundred times, and also slapping myself for being so dumb. How will I face my father? And I felt so guilty that I did not listen to yeji and inspite, I shouted at her. 

 

 

 I avaoided my dad. I recieved many calls from him. I was scared as . I messed up the biggest meeting in my whole life. I dont want to go home, I dont want to face dad. I dont wanna explain things to my friends even if i stay with them for one night. 

 

 

I was sitting on my car's bumper and there as a bottle of soju in my right hand. I want to jump of the hill. I was sitting near the country out-skirts. Next moment I knew I need to go home. My mind cant be shut for a minute. I know drinking and driving is illegal but my heart was sinking. i throught the bottle in irritation. What if I just die here? i drove really fast and reached home in no time. i was just raying that dad is not waiting inside for me. 

 

 

It is almost mid-night. i can barely type the code to enter the house. I was drunk but still i know what i am doing. It was hard to walk. I dragged my self and leaned on Yeji's bedroom door. Knocking it hardly. "Yeji, open this ing door before i break it" 

 

 

 

YEJI'S POV

 

I was so shocked when ryujin yelled at me. This is the first time she did this while we are together. I was just lying in bed and using my mobile. It was 12 but no sign of Ryujin anywhere, as if i cared after what she did. It was silly but still hurts so much. I heard knocks on the door. I did not make any sound and acted as if i am asleep. i heard what Ryujin shouted from the other side of the door. I stayed silend when the knocks were no more. 

 

 

After a minute a can hear sobs and cryings and a little bang on the door. "Yeji, open it" I felt like crying when I heard Ryujin, who was not able to speak properly. I walked to the door and thought of opening it but i was still mad at her. "Yeddoung, I am sorry. I know I am an ing , Just open this door please" She was cryin hard. I twished the latch and opened the door.

 

 

I see Ryujin broken. She was crying like mads. She was facing the opposide side of the door. She was on her knees. And also stnks from alcohol. "Ryujin. What happened?" I ran and cupped her cheeks as i sat in front of her. 'I am sorry. I never thought of who i am. I am a ing loser who mess up everything." She did not face me. Her hands has bluish-red marks. She was hurt I guess.

 

 

"dont say that" I said and i guess i will also cry. Seeing Ryujin break down like this hurts my heart so much. "I shouted at you, I ed up the meeting. My dad is mad at me" She was crying and never stopped sobbing. "Dont worry everything will be fine' I said and hugged her tightly. "I dont deserve you. You were always right. You left me becuse i was a coward. You made the right decision to leave this loser. Why do you have to come back to a person like me?" she spoke. It made my heart hurt more than anything. 

 

 

"Shut up Ryujin, you deserve everything. And I made the best choice coming back to you" I helped her walk to my bed. "I am sorry. I am such a coward. I can never face relity" She was speaking . she is the best. "Will you shut up now? You are the best. You are more than enough to anyone in this world" I poured some water and gave it to her. She figeted with the glass.

 

I pulled the glass from her and made her drink some water. "You now th-that I love you, right?" She was talking nonsense. "Obviously I know that" I sait on the ground in front of her and caressed her thigh. "Then why did you choose to like me back when you know I am worthless. I will always hurt you" She spoke as i stood up. I hit her arm. " shut up, I love you because I need no license to love anyone i want" I cursed because she was making no sense. 

 

 

I made her lie down on the bed and patted her skin so that she can sleep. I wrapped us in a blanket. "I love you and thats it. now shut up and sleep before i kicked your " I kind of scolded her and made her sleep. I cupped her cheek. she brought her hand close to her face and held my hand. "I will forever love you. I am sorry" She said and cuddled. "Now dont be sorry anymore and sleep" I patted her till she sleeps......