Not again

Regret is my biggest fear

YEJI'S POV

 

 

I was messy when I woke up. I turned around to look for Ryujin. The side of the bed is empty. I guess she is upstairs. I got up and went for a hot bath. Yesterday flashes back in my mind. I felt so shy and embarrassed. Shy because it was again Ryujin who touched me even after waiting these years. And I felt embarrassed for how I might have look. I got out of the room once I finished my bath and wore some comfortable cloths. I hear noises from kitchen. When I looked for my soon to be wife, she was cooking. I ran and back hugged her.

 

 

 "You are up already?" She said and continued cooking. I moved to the corner table at the kitchen.  "Am I early? What time is it?" I asked after I sat on one of the chair. " it is 9. And I guess it is early for you" she said and put the dishes on the left side of the kitchen slap. "Early for me?" I questioned her. She turned and placed the dishes on the dinning table. She made me sit across her. After serving me food she spoke. "Yeah, every time we made love, you used to sleep till 1" she said. Thank God I did not chock on food. I felt small that she still remembered each and everything. I silently drank some water. "Is that so?" I avoided her eyes and said in a really low voice. " Yeah, everything has changed. We are all grown up now" She continued eating. "This is really good~" I said when I finally focused on the food I was chewing.

 

 

 "You like it?" She said and I filled my mouth completely. After I swallow the food in my mouth I spoke. "Yes,  what is it called by the way?" I asked and paid attention on Ryujin. "I don't know. I tried to make something and it turned out to be good. I tried it before" I mouthed a oh and in few minutes I was in the kitchen to place the dishes in the sink. I walked back to Ryujin who was sitting on the couch in the living room. She tapped her hand next to her asking me to sit there. I sat next to Ryujin and placed my head on her shoulder. Comfortable as always. "Yuna is visiting us today with her boyfriend" Ryujin said my hair. " something special? " I said and wrapped my hands around her waist.

 

 

 "She want to introduce her boyfriend" Ryujin said and I moved back. "Oh, that will be exciting" I said and clapped my hands like a 5 years old. "I have one more thing to say you" I said and asked Ryujin to listen with full interest. " what is it? " She said and placed her hand on my lap slowly circling her fingers. "First it is a good new, Chaeyoung unnie is single" I said in excitement . But did not receive the same amount of reply. "Nice, and?" She asked.

 

 

 " I asked who is her type between you, chaeryoung and winter" Ryujin raised an eyebrow and spoke. Maybe in disagreement. "Why me?? Why did you kept me as a choice? I am taken, you know?" She said and the while she said the last part she flaunt her hair in a really girly way which looked overwhelming . "Shut up and listen" i said as I hit her arm lightly. " ok carry on" she said. "I will show you how she exactly reacted." I said and slithered backwards. She just hummed so I can continue . "She said, Ryujin is Yeji's, and even if Ryujin was single, you are not her type. And chaeryoung is really challenging according to my unnie. And winter is soft and her type.      So we can say that winter still got a chance" I said in amazement . She clapped her hands but I don't think she is really interesting in this topic right now.            It was awkward silence for a moment. 

 

 

RYUJIN'S POV

 

I was wondering if she will be ok if I tell her the truth. But still I shouldn't lie to her. "Listen Yeji, I want to confess" I said softly and took her hand to play with her fingers. "Confess what?" She said in confusion. I dared to look into her eyes while speaking the ty truth about yesterday. "Umm, I don't know how to say this but yeah, um- I was the one who caused you that irritation yeaterday" I cannot keep the eyes on her anymore. I felt guilt. "What do you mean?" She said and asked me to look up to face her. I tried to form words. I guess I should just say it. Come on Ryujin, you can say this. I tried to encourage myself. 

 

 

 "Do you remember the drink I gave you yesterday?" I was finally coming to the point. "Um-hm, what about that?" She asked. " I added virga in it" I looked at her lap. I should avoid her eyes. They are the scariest when she is mad. She moved back and moved her hand which I was holding. "Woahh Shin Ryujin,, *claps* You really did that? And beside that you came up with the idea of showing me false image that you were worried?" She said and it was silent for a moment . I spoke softly "Listen, I was just planning to tease you. I wanted to get a good reaction and ended up, me giving you want you wanted" I said and looked at Yeji. She cupped my cheeks and slightly hit my arm. "You are really bad, you know?" She said and pouted . She was so cute aww. I just want to prick her cheeks. "I am sorry, I did not plan to disturb you this way" I said feeling small for what I did. "Where did you get those from? And if you have more, just throw them" 

 

 

She said and gave a side hug. "Um- Chaeyoung unnie gave those to me. Yeah I will throw them" Yeji's jaw dropped when she hear what I said. "What?? Unnie. She gave it to you?" She said as realisation hit her hard. " Yes" I said. She got up and looked at me closely, scanning me. "You guys are so mean" she said and frowned. She walked stamping. I followed her to her room. "Listen, Yeddoung. Babe please listen to me" I said and turned her by her wrist. "What Ryujin? You will explain how you had fun seeing me like that?" She was angry this time. "Ahhh, listen. Yeddoung, babe I was just kidding. And I am really sorry" I whined. "I at least understand your words that you were playing around which is not forgotten yet. And how did Unnie do this to me?" Yeji almost yelled. 

 

 

 "She might have helped me" I said. I held her wrists firmly. "Woah, I doubt if she is my sister" she chucked. "I know, I should have asked you if I need anything from your side and not accept Chaeyoung unnie's offer" I said . I was really worried if we will argument. I don't want to fight Yeji. "Hmm" that's all what she said. I took this opportunity and kisses her. I did not receive any response so I thought of moving back. In a second I was into a passionate kiss which was lead by Yeji.  "I am sorry" I said when we backed off from the kiss. "Okay, but don't do that again" she said and hugged me. It was warm. 

 

 

Before anything else would happen there was a knock on the door. I ran to the door. I hugged the huge girl in from of me. "What took you so long?" I said and released her from the hug. " sorry unnie, just got stuck in the traffic" she said . I was taken back when the guy beside Yuna looked at me. "Huening kai?" I almost screamed. I lowered my voice when I got a suspicious look from Yuna and Yeji. "Ryujin?" The guy also gasped. " you guys know each other? " Yuna asked. I cleared my throat and looked at Yeji. Yeji slowly walked towards Yuna. "Hello, little shin" Yeji greeted Yuna and Kai. I asked them to sit in the living room. "Yeji?" Huening kai again gasped. I was so damn disturbed by this situation right now. "Wow! You know me. Did we meet before?" Yeji asked as kai looked at me. There was tension between us. "Wait a minute, let me introduce everyone" Yuna said and continued. We all sat down on the couch . "This is Huening Kai, my boyfriend." I was giving a dead glare to that guy.

 

 

 wait a minute, why did I meet him? "This is Ryujin unnie. My sister" she said and pointed at me. "This is Yeji unnie, My sister fiance and my friend" she introduced everyone. "Woah Ryujin, you won the bet. I did not knew you really got nerves to make it till here. I forgot you existed but then you know, world is so small" he said. I realised what he was talking about. But I bet to do something. What was it?  No, not now please. I don't want to mess up my life even more. "How do you know each other?" Yuna asked. " and what about the bet? " Yeji asked. I can feel swet dripping from my temple. "We met at school" I said and tried to avoid the 2nd question. 

 

 

"What bet?" Yeji asked . I thought she was asking me. But she faced Kai. "Yeji, it's nothing" I said and prayed to god a thousand times that Kai should keep it between us. "Don't you know? Did Ryujin not tell you?" he eyed Yeji. "What is going on here?" Yuna asked in a high voice. "Your sister bet on her fiance" I was so done with my life. Why does it had to go this way?         "What?" Yeji almost screamed . She was looking at me. It was past.

 

 

"Ryujin was the most popular girl in elementary school, I and Ryujin bet on 2 different girls, Ryujin choose Yeji, I choose some random girl which I gave up in 2 days. I am amazed that she got Yeji till here" Kai said. I want to punch him in face. Why does life have to take turns this time only. "Shut up everyone" I groaned. Everyone's attention was on me. "It was a silly bet in elementary school, almost 10years ago" I said. I can see Yeji being hurt for what Kai said. 

 

 

"What was the bet exactly?" Yeji yelled . I held her wrist. "Its nothing Yeji. " I said in a low voice. "So say me the 'nothing' part" she said and huening Kai looked at me. I shock my head saying him not to speak a word. "Ryujin and I bet to get a girl. Ryujin kept trying even after I gave up on the bet" when these words left Huening kai's mouth, I felt my heart tearing apart. I looked at Yuna who was shocked. I gave her a signal to get there asses out of the house. "Umm- I guess we should give you guys some time" Yuna dragged Kai out of the house. 

 

 

 

YUNA'S POV

 

"What was that for?" He asked as I dragged him to the car. "Why do you have to say it there?" I yelled in anger. "Yeji asked me" he spoke as I felt so bad for Ryujin unnie. "You don't know how much they have gone through" I was so tensed. I somehow pulled Kai to drive us to his place. I regret having this interaction with Kai and Ryujin unnie. 

 

 

 

YEJI'S POV

 

I turned to walk to the room. Ryujin yelled from one corner of the living room. "Yeji, please let me explain" I don't want to run away like last time. "You can explain but it is not the right time" I said and walked to my room silently. I was tearing apart. Why does it has to be so wrong. We were doing so well. Is that the truth that Ryujin followed me because of the bet? I am not sick but my head aches a lot. I was covered in my blanket. 

 

 

"Hello" Yuna called. "Hi" I said not willing to talk to anyone. "Please unnie, trust my sister. She will never cause any harm to you. I am sure unnie is just tensed as you. And if Ryujin unnie is wrong this time, I will do whatever you ask me to. But please unnie I am begging you" Yuna was crying. I was already controlling my tears. "Yuna, I trust Ryujin. I just need her to speak at the right time" I spoke. "Ryujin unnie loves you so much, I have seen her go through pain all these years and I can't see her hurt once again" Yuna said between sobs. "I won't hurt her Yunayah. I will make it up to her" I said and we ended the call. It was almost sunset. I peeked out of my room. There was silence. I guess she is in her room.  

 

 

It was now 1 at night. I was worried about Ryujin. I don't know if she is in her room or outside.

 

thug*

thug*

thug*

 

I ran to check what was happening. I saw Ryujin trying hard to remove her shoe as she falls on the ground. I ran and held her arms. "Ryujin, Ryujinnie - What happened?" I was so mad at myself. She stinks from alcohol. Wait a minute, did she got drunk? Why this girl has to be so annoying. Who gets drunk after a little argument. "You care?" Ryujin spoke as she rested her head on the couch. She sat down where she fell. Her eyes are hardly open. "What do you mean Ryuddong?" I cupped her cheek and checked if she got any hurt or mark cuz she was too drunk that she can't even walk. "You care about me?" She said and laughed. 

 

 

She was mad at me. "Yes, obviously" I said. "You do? " She kept laughing like a crazy person. "Ryujin, get up" I tried to take Ryujin to her room but she is so stubborn. She did not move a inch. "Why did I fell for you?" She said as a tear fell down from her eyes. "Ryujin" I sat on my knees. I cupped her cheeks again. "You are really a worthless person" she spoke as she kept on whining. I avoided the things she said because everyone speak things they shouldn't while they are drunk. "Ryujinnie, I am sorry" I said and sat across her. "No, I am sorry Hwang. I did not notice you were a really bad girlfriend who left without listening to the person she loved" I cannot avoid her words anymore.

 

 

"I am sorry " I kept saying that. I pulled her close and hugged her. That's what we both needed. "You believe other people and not your girlfriend" she whined. Her eyes squint, face frowned. "I trust you, Ryudoung I just need you" I started sobbing. She was crying too. "I love you,  I love you, I love you so much" I hugged her tightly. "I hate you" she said and backed off from the hug. "I don't care, I love you. That's it" I pulled her close. I want to feel her warmth. "I don't need any explanation" I said . "No, I will say everything" she said and sat crossing her legs. She can't even speak properly. "You don't need to" I said and caressed her hair. She stopped me and held my hand. "I was also wrong" she said and tears formed at the corner of her eye again. "First, I bet that I will get a girlfriend. It was like, who will get a girl first will win. I chose you because I thought you were a very shy and introverted person. I played tricks, I know. After few days you left. Nothing happened, you also know that. We both forgot about the bet. But after a year I saw you at the high school. I never thought of stalking you but you were damn hot. I talked to you after Lia asked me to. It was a good opportunity. I fell so hard for you. Then you know what happened. I love you so much. I even waited for you. Then I was so happy that we decided to get married" Ryujin said and I can feel the guilt in my heart. 

 

 

"I am sorry, I was wrong" Ryujin said. I pulled her from her nape and pressed our lips together. No one tried to move. We just stayed there till I heard sobs. "Stop, Ryujin" I said and wrapped my hands around Ryujin pulling her up . I walked to my room. I put Ryujin on my bed. I guess she needs space so I slept on the couch in the living room.