Birthday

Regret is my biggest fear

YEJI’S POV

 

After all those visits to the family I asked Chaeyoung unnie to visit the hospital with me. The doctor advised few things and also asked to take extra care. She also gave me some dates when I have the appointments.

 

Right now it is 7 in the evening that means 5 hours to Ryujin’s birthday. I asked her if she is busy and her answer was yes like always. So that is some what helpful today. Later tonight I will wish her as she arrives home. Tomorrow will be the surprise party. Not many people are invited because Ryujin don’t like crowded parties. It was just our families and friends.

 

 

 

While I was thinking these many things I heard the bell. I slowly walked down the stairs and opened the door. “good morning” Ryujin said and threw herself on me. “Ryujin- What…. Gosh, you are drunk” I help her stand properly. She squirts her eyes and tries her best to stand straight. “What nonsense, I’m not drunk” She was about to lose her balance so I made her sit on the couch. “Why did you drink? You reel of alcohol” I removed her coat and untie her tie. “We celebrated. And I drank just this much” she showed her fingers in a small C.

 

 

“Shut up, ahgg” I yelled in frustration because I had plans for tonight. “Babe, did I do something wrong?” She asked looking at her feet. I sighed and knelt and removed her shoe. “I’ll get the bathtub ready” I got up and went to our room.

 

 

After it was done I again walked down to where Ryujin was. “Ryujin get up” I helped her to walk till the room. She hardly could open her eyes. She sat on the bed stripping from her clothes to take a bath. I let her take support of me and later she was talking a hot bath.

 

 

I can’t believe she just ruined my whole plan. I thought of wishing her at 12 and give her the gift I bought. I could not help it. Few minutes later Ryujin walked out of the bathroom while tying her robe. She was better than before at least.

 

 

“Sorry I won’t let the alcohol take over me next time” She threw herself in bed beside me. I was sitting at the edge of the bed, disappointed. “What did you celebrate?” I asked.

 

 

“We celebrated the success of our project in the US” she spoke. I turned to face her and caressed her cheek. She held my hand and intertwined it with hers. “Sorry” she said and peeked my forehead. “its all good now” I said softly. “I know you are tired, can we sleep for now?” I asked. She nodded and the next second she was drooling in sleep.

 

 

I walked out of the room after she slept. It was still 8 in the night. More four hours to go. I scrolled through my phone sitting in the living room. While doing that I see many articles about Ryujin.

 

 

Shin Ryujin, CEO of S and S had made her life more private then ever after her marriage.

 

 

 

I felt so stupid about that article. Like what? Private life is kept private right. I read more and one of them was…

 

 

Shin Ryujin finally approved for an interview with HKB on this up coming Thursday.

 

 

I don’t know about this. I read in depth and got to know how interviews are conducted for a CEO. I just passed my time for the next four hours. When it was finally time for her birthday I rushed to the library where I hid the gift. Got that from there and walked to our room. I see Ryujin sleeping peacefully.

 

 

1 minute to go and I tapped Ryujin’s shoulder to wake her up. She moved from one side to another. She groaned in sleep. I pulled her blanket. “Get up” I said.

 

 

“What?” she whined and looked at me. I the lights and she covered her face because the light hits the eye. “Happy Birthday” I said a little loud. She sat up on the bed still processing things. “Thank you, it’s my birthday?” she asked accepting the gift. “That’s the reason you should not drink” I chuckled and sat beside her. “I guess you shouldn’t open it now because you are really sleepy” I said and peeked her lips. “So can I sleep now?” She asked. “Pff, whatever” I turned off the lights and laid beside her.

 

 

She wasn’t even surprised. Wasted.

 

 

 

 

 

It’s morning and I see Ryujin is still sleeping. I placed the hang over soup on the side table and went out.

 

 

 

RYUJIN’S POV

 

 

I was at the company and was wished by many people. When I entered the cafeteria there was a huge Happy Birthday poster. My employs are the best. I smiled politely and thanked them. Later they asked me to cut the cake they bought for me. I spend my lunch there and after that, winter and Chaeryoung joined me.

 

 

They bought the drunks for me and we celebrated a little. It was like, we did not do any work today. I was goin home at 5 but then Chaeyoung unnie said she is waiting for me in the parking load. I see her being impatient while standing near the car, texting someone. “Yo Unnie” I said.

 

 

“get in” she spoke and got on the driver’s side. “Where are we going?” I asked not knowing anything. “To your favourite place” she said and speeded up. “Woah Unnie I don’t want to die on my Birthday” I said. And within no time she pulled up.

 

 

“Misses this view?” I noticed where we was and….. woah. “Thanks Unnie” I hugged her. “Now let’s enjoy this time here” she said and we sat at the edge of the road. If we look down there was nothing. We might fall but let’s take the risk.

 

 

“Its been a long time I last came here” I shared and she nodded. “Why did you take me here by the way?” I asked. “Enjoy, old memories you know” she spoke. “I had better things to do” I said. She turned to me and said. “Are you not enjoying my company?” I just chuckled and looked away. “its not like that tho, I was just wondering if you are this kind of person” I said softly.

 

 

“How is life after marriage?” she asked. I looked at her confused. “Why? Are you planning to get married?” I teased. “We never know” she scoffed. “If you are planning to get married then it’s the best at least for me. You know I'm so lucky to have your sister by my side even after all those years. I missed a lot in the time we were not together”

 

“That’s the reason why you covered up things so quick” she said. I did not understood that. “What?”

 

“nothing” she spoke and giggled. “You are weird” I said. “We should head back, the fun is over” she spoke and got up. “I though we were spending more time” I said and stood up too.

 

 

“You won’t want to waste your time here” she said and winked. “Eww unnie don’t even try that with your girl” I faked a gross expression.

 

 

We reached and it was all black out. I entered the pin and unlocked the door with Chaeyoung unnie behind me. As I entered there were few lights at the corner of the room. Asking me to follow them. I walked and looked straight just to notice a stage decorated with lights. And next thing was everyone popped out of the blue and the lights .

 

 

Yeji coming from the kitchen with a cake and everyone sings the birthday song. “Thank you guys” I said softly. “You took me there so that they could prepare this?” I asked Chaeyoung unnie and she laughed. “Happy birthday Ryu” Lia said. “Get on the mini stage we decorated.” Mom said and I did. Walked to the decorated side .

 

“Are you cutting the cake or what?” Yuna asked. “Thank you so much for this” said and blew the candels. “This for you” I fed everyone and every time I did that, they put cream on my face. I see winter recording.

 

 

I felt so happy that they did so much for me. “My child has grown up so much” Dad said his well known dialogue which he uses every time on my birthday.

 

 

“Now the gifts” Yuna shouted. “See there are these 3 gifts here. There are many actually but these are the top 3 if you want to say. Open them one by one and guess from whom you received them” Chaeryoung explained. I walked to the table where the gifts where. One was a huge one and the second one was a little smaller than the first and the last one was a flat rectangular one. Everyone was behind me or I could say I was facing my front to the wall.

 

 

I decided to open the second one. I unwrapped it and it was a massager. I guess I needed that a lot. “Who ever gifted this thank you so much I needed it” I said. “you have to guess duhh” Chaeryoung spoke. “ok so, I guess it is from Yuna” I said and she nodded. I hugged her or squeezed her. “Thanks little shin” . “you are welcome now leave me I cannot breathe” Everybody giggled.

 

 

“Now the next” Mama said. “okay” I went to the table again and opened the first one. It was a pair or soccer shoes. “Thanks unnie”. I said to Chaeyoung unnie. “we’ll play sometime” She said.

 

And the last one. “You cannot guess it.” Yuna said. I raised an eyebrow and turned to the people while unwrapping it. It was a file. Everyone paid full attention to it. It seemed like a office file tho. There were papers inside. I read the first part and it was patient name; Yeji. I looked at her and tried to walk to her but was held back by Yuna and Chaeyoung unnie. “Are you not well Yeji?” I asked worried. Why was a hospital report a gift? What the hell is happening. “read it all” Lia said.

 

 

I read each line one by one and I don’t know how tears drop one by one. It says Yeji is pregnant. I felt my heart explode. I closed the file and placed it on the table. I walked to her and cupped her cheeks. I cannot describe how happy I am. “Is that real?” I asked in disbelief. She nodded. I started crying as I hugged her. “Thank you so much” I hugged her tightly and spined her in air. Everyone present over there cheered. “I love you so much” I kissed her and she wrapped her arms around my neck. “You don’t know how that made me feel” I sobbed and did not want to release her from the hug.

 

 

“Ryujin is gonna be a mom” Winter said . I hid my face in her cork. “I love you” Yeji said and caressed my back. I kept crying in her arms. When I released her from the hug I see my mom crying. Yeji’s mom was also shed in tears. And out of the most Chaeyoung unnie too. “This is the best birthday ever” I peeked her lips one last time.

 

 

I knelt down and kissed her tummy. “aww that’s so cute” Yuna said a little too loud and we all laughed. “I promise to give my best to provide everything my family needs.”

 

 

“Time for a family hug” Yuna said and opened her arms walking toward me. One by one everyone joined. “Friends too” Yeji said and giggle. “I love you and forever will. Thank you so much for giving me this” I said.

 

 

 

This day is just so unforgettable. I love my family and the family I built.

 

 

 

(A/N: Happy Ryujin's day)