Problem?

Regret is my biggest fear

RYUJIN’S POV

 

 

“Babe…”

“yes”

“I want a baby”

She turned to face me. Her expression says it all. “What- I mean why are you talking about that so sudden” She then sat up straight and her focus was on me. “you don’t want one?” I tried to make a sad face and looked down. Internally I was laughing. “i-it’s not like that babe. I just got shocked about that topic” She said holding my arms. This girl is serious I guess. Well I was not joking anyways but the way she is saying every word shows how sincere she was. I looked at her and pulled her close by her chair.

 

 

“I was just saying…….” I said. She was waiting for me to continue but that was it. I was just saying. I don’t really thought of taking responsibilities. But that doesn’t mean I’m an irresponsible person. “you were just saying,,,, what?” she questioned. I got up from my seat and walked near the glass of my office where I could see the view of the city.

 

 

I did not turn around to see where Yeji was but then I could hear footsteps coming in my direction. She wrapped her arms around my waist and moved right to left in sync as if we are dancing. I heard the door knob. “I guess I disturbed you guys, see you later”

 

Yeji moved back and I turned to see who it was. “No idiot. You should just learn to knock” I said. “whatever, I was here to say that the interviews are being held so any good employ?” Yuna said and then walked a few steps in. “Sit down” I almost pushed her to the sofa and also heard Yeji giggling from behind . “Unnie, don’t laugh. She pushes me to this hard and not so good sofa but you get pushed to the bed” Yuna said almost laying down there. “yahh- You are younger, you shouldn’t be talking like that” Yeji said but a bit of blushed appeared on her cheeks. I stood there and laughed but my laugh was turned into whine and hiss when Yeji pulled my ear. “What’s so funny huh?” She said.

 

“ouch, leave meee” Now it was Yuna’s turn to make fun of us. “You, talk about work here” I pointed and Yuna with my left hand and my right was massaging my redden ear. “You two are being clingy. I can’t help it” Yuna said. We were doing useless talk apart from what we actually want to talk about. “about the interviews, I did not recruit anyone till now. Why?” I said coming back to the topic.

 

 

“Just asking” Yuna said with a slight teasing. “Out” I pointed at the door. Everytime Yuna walks in and talk stupid. “I see, someone is being impatient……” She paused and tilted her head to look at Yeji. “And Yeji unnie, I know my sister is really needy, don’t get her out of control” Yuna winked and rushed to the door as I chased her. I walked to where Yeji was and then again. Yuna opened the door a little to peek.

 

 

“She is always when it’s you” She closed the door again and ran. I sighed and looked at Yeji who was holding her laugh. “yeah fine, you can also laugh” I said and sat on my seat. Yeji busted into laughter seconds later. I kept my mind at work. “I’ll be in my cabin then” Yeji said still giggling at what Yuna said. “You and Yuna are so good in relation. Being friends and all, now I guess someone is best friends with their sister-in-law” I said and see her leaving my office.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

CHAERYEONG’S POV

Should I go back? Why am I stuck here? God, why is it so complicated. It’s just so simple, I confessed and got rejected. Its fine. I’m not a teen or something to cry over a rejection. But then again, I can’t stop thinking about her. She cross my mind every single minute even if I engage myself in work. Even now I’m thinking about her and complaining. It’s not her, she is just a kid who still have to live her life with her parents. It was me who fell for a minor. I bet she don’t even care. She don’t even remember. She don’t even know where I am. I did not realize when I started crying thinking about these things.

 

 

“Chaeryeong, time for dinner” My mom shouted. “I’ll eat later” I shouted back as my mom was downstairs. I picked my phone and dialed Yeji. I don’t know why but I cared. “Hello” I said when she picked up. “Yeah- Chaeryeong ah. Where have you been?” Yeji said on the line.

 

 

“I was busy at work. Sorry . But you could have also called me in the first place” I said and she laughed. “Yeah, my bad. So how are you doing?” I was just slowly getting to the point. “I’m fine. Yuna is doing great too” Yeji said which had me in shock. Am I so obvious? And about that great part, it hurts a little because I am here thinking about her for so long and I’m the one who is having sleepless nights. But she is doing great without me. Not that I don’t what her to be fine but it still hurts.

 

 

“ohh- thanks for that but I just asked about you” I said clearing my throat. “You would always ask about her too so I told you beforehand.” I am being noticeable I guess. “When are you returning?” Yeji asked. I told her that I had some work in my home town as a reason why I am here. But actually I needed a break from Seoul. From people. “Ahh- about that, maybe next week.”

 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

We talked for like 1 hour, laughing and gossiping. And then I got a message from Ryujin saying to come back. I bet she know. I know she needs to talk but obviously who will let her friends be with their sister if they are hurting. Fine, I know I talked bad but,,…… Yeah I should apologize. Ok so now I have to practice how to apologize and get ready to hear a NO again. I really need to move on from her. She is clearly not interested. But then,,,,

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

We kissed, right?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I guess it was a mistake she regret.

 

 

 

 

I can’t keep hanging between two scenarios.

I’m going to her and clearing things. I’ll ask her, if she is willing to accept or not? Did that kiss meant anything? Did my love and care did not affect her? Am I not so good? Or am I the problem?