Working out things

Regret is my biggest fear

RYUJIN’S POV

“Yeji Yeji Yeji Yeji……” I ran and pushed open the door. “What?” She said and did not care to look at me. “Yejiiiiii, I have a news” I said excitedly and jumped on the bed. She was taking the support of the bedrest and using her mobile. I pulled away the phone from her hands and placed it behind me. “What’s wrong Ryujin?” She is irritated, I see.

 

 

 

“I have a news, it’s important” I said still smiling like an idiot. “I don’t care” she said and was trying to reach the phone again. I smoothly intertwined our fingers and moved her hand from the phone. “You surely care” I said and gave a quick peek on her lips followed by another. I kept smiling. I could feel my jaw hurt from smiling.

 

 

 

“What’s it about?” she still tries to stay mad. “I’m cured” I almost shouted from excitement. “huh?” she did not get me I guess. “Yeji, my disease. It’s gone” I said and the next second I know Yeji is hugging me and crying in my arms. She hides her face in the cork of my neck. I can feel my arm getting wet from her crying. “Yeji, look. It’s alright now. I’m fine. See” I cupped her cheeks and then flexed my body to show that I’m healthy. “I’m sorry” she sobbed. This girl, what am I supposed to do with her. “It’s fine, I’m fine. You don’t need to be sorry. It was all past ok? Let’s live in the present” I wiped her tears and cupped her cheeks again. She looks so cute that I put some pressure on her cheeks and her lip formed a pout. She hit my arm to let her go.

 

 

 

“I’m sorry about yesterday” she said and now I felt guilty. “No, I’m so sorry for being stubborn” it was my fault so I must be apologizing. “You don’t need to work today, stay at home or you can call over someone either hangout. I’ll be off to work and be ready at 7, we are going somewhere” I peeked her lips again. “No, I want to go to the office” She said and looked with puppy eyes as I got up from the bed. “You can rest.” I patted her head and hugged her from her head. She pressed her face on my stomach. “Why do you want me to rest?” She questioned. This is one of the things I don’t like about her. She questions everything. “Hon, aren’t you on your days?” I kept patting her head. “No” She showed no expression. “Well okay but it’s your day off. Your boss is asking you to” I moved back and fixed myself to leave. “See you later Okay? Take care. I love you”

 

 

“I love you too” I walked out.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

YEJI’S POV

What am I going to do the whole day? Shall I call Lia? Wait I’m gonna ask her to come over. I picked up my phone and called her. She isn’t picking up. This girl, I don’t know what she’ll be doing.

“Hello”

“hello unnie” Yuna greeted. I called Yuna because Lia is dead I guess.

“Yuna I was wondering if you are free today”

“Ah- let me check unnie. I’m at the office, I’ll go through my schedule give me a second”

“Yeah sure”

“I’m sorry unnie I have 2 meets with the inverters and then Ryujin unnie needs me to get done with some of her work”

“Its fine, no problem”

“Why you needed me unnie?”

“Nothing I just needed a company”

“Ah- I see”

“Ok so, you do your work I guess I’m disturbing you”

“Not at all unnie”

“But still, bye for now”

“yeah, bye”

So today’s gonna be boring. Nothing to do. I’ll just watch some movies I guess.

It’s been like 2 hours I’m surfing internet to find some good movies but none. I got up to open the door when I heard the bell.

 

 

 

I peaked from the door hole and it’s Chaeryeong. I opened the door for her. “Morning Unnie” she said and hugged me. “ Good morning, what are you doing here?” I was quite surprised because I did not expect her to be here. “You don’t want me? Ok I’m leaving” She was walking back. Such dramatic.

“I was kidding”

“and I know that”

I asked her to come in and we sat in the living room. “what were you doing?” She asked. “I was just roaming from here to there. Thank God you came” I said and laughed. “Shall we bake?” Chaeryeong asked. “I don’t really know” I said embarrassingly. “I don’t know too” We laughed at how silly we are.

 

 

 

“So what are we going to-“ Chaeryeong was interrupted from the bell. Wait, who is it this time? “did you call over someone?” I asked and Chaeryeong shocked her head saying no. “I’ll check that” I said and walked to the door.

 

 

 

“Huh?” I opened the door and there’s a huge pillar, I mean human. “Hello unnie, were you not expecting me?” She said and stood there. “But you just said that-“

“Chaeryeong unnie” She ran and hugged Chaeryeong. This kid is so unexpected. “Hello” Chaeryeong said awkwardly. “You said you were busy today” I said and locked the door. She turned to me and spoke “yeah but I asked unnie to clear my schedule for today” I nodded. “So what were you doing?” She asked but facing Chaeryeong. I was confused, who is she asking that to?

 

 

 

 

“We were planning what to do” Chaeryeong said. “Ohh” She said.

“Fine Yuna, come with me for a second” I pulled Yuna to a corner leaving Chaeryeong. “What was that for? I know Ryujin won’t clear you schedule just like that”

“Unnie, I need to see you so yeah” Yuna explained. “see me or Chaeryeong?” I said raising an eyebrow. “Pff unnie don’t adapt Ryujin Unnie’s investigation ability” She spoke and then walked to the living room.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

YUNA’S POV

We had a good time together, three of us. We tried to cook but obviously none of us was perfect so the food was not so good. It’s 5 pm now and we I need to leave and Unnie also had some plans.

 

 

We walked out of the house after bitting goodbye. “Chae-Chaeryeong” I spoke and she looked in horror. “Chaeryeong unnie” I quickly added. But still her smile fade when she is with me. I messed up really hard I know. “Yeah?” She asked. “uhm Are you free right now?” My voice, eww I sounded as if I am pleading her. “depends” She said and kicked her shoe to avoid looking up. “So, you mean that it depends on why I need your time right?” I asked. “yes” She said and leaned her back to my car. “Can we go for dinner?” I asked a little awkwardly. “I’m not free right now” she said that made me think that it’s a no for dinner. “ok, wait, uhm- Gaming?” I don’t know what I’m speaking. I just want to spend time with her in any way. “Still busy” Is she playing with me right now?

 

 

 

 

“Ok ok- ah how about a drive through the city and then you know street food-“ I was nervous. I got rejected twice just now. She walked to the passenger’s seat and tried to open the door. “are you not gonna unlock your car?” She said. “oh yeah” I said a little loud in excitement and did what I was supposed to do.

 

 

 

“I love sunsets” she said and looked out of the window. She was not bothered by my presence. I speeded up and pulled over when we reached. “what is this place?” she asked. I unbuckled her seatbelt and opened the door. She was still in the car. I had to walk to her side and open the door for her. “Come out” I said and she got out. “This is a place where you can see the sunset clearly and it’s so beautiful” I opened my arms and breathed deeply. Enjoying the nature. We were at the hill side. And quite and peacefully place just what Chaeryeong unnie likes.

 

 

 

“The sunset is really beautiful but are we supposed to be here? I mean is it safe?” She questioned. I pulled her from her hand and placed her hands on my shoulder as I placed my hands on her waist. Stepping more close I buried my face in her neck. Nibbling on her neck softly. “Yuna” she said in a firm voice which made me look at her. “Yes?” I asked pulling her even closer than before. She did not seem uncomfortable so I stayed there. “Yuna” she called out again. “Yes?” I did not give much attention to what she was saying. She did not move or removed her hands from my shoulders. “You are still young and I don’t want you to get stressed in these things. Live your life and don’t care about people like me” I looked at her this time. “I’m living my life and I chose it to be this way. With you beside me at every step of my life. You were always there to support me. Like a older sister you helped me in everything but I seem to get it wrong. I thought you were doing this because you see me as your sister but when I started liking you I realised that you feel the same way” She stepped back and pulled the cold look. That scares me. “You have your whole life in front of you don’t spoil it. Enjoy everything you do. Don’t get sick of living because people will come and go and I’ll pass too.”

 

 

 

 

 

I don’t really need to listen to her. “Yes I have my whole life in front of me, and it’s you. Why are you making it complicated when things are getting better?” I asked and noticed my voice in getting low and it’s hard to speak. I don’t want to cry anymore. “Yuna, just don’t pity me and stay with me. You already like someone so try to get her and not me. Look forward to who you want and not back to who wants you. Get what you want and you will be happy” Why is she explaining me. God, I don’t need her to say things like that.

 

 

 

“same goes with you too. Look forward to who you want and don’t give up till you get it. And looking to what I want is right in front of me. I don’t like Lia unnie, I said that because- because maybe I was stupid. I could not face you so I came up with that.” I sighed and held back my tears. “I’m sorry but I don’t think this is right” she spoke. “Its because I was acting immature?” I asked. She seem to not speak anything. I pulled her near the care and made her sit on the bumper. “is it that? That I was acting like a immature kid and you also made me notice it” I said and she nodded in guilt. I pulled her face from the chin and made her look in my eyes.

 

 

 

“We are complicated. Now let say nothing happened before and what I’m going to say now is what I want now. What I feel now.” I said and held her arms to get her attention. “I like you” And no response.

 

 

 

“I said I like you” I said a little louder. Still no response. She just shifted her glare from my left eye to my right rapidly. “You think I’m a kid. I’m immature and don’t know how things work. So let me just prove you wrong.” With that I lend to capture her lips. Moving in sink as they touched. I know she wasted this but I messed up. It feels like I have got what I needed. Last time when we kissed it did not feel like this. My heart doing flips but still I acted bold. We parted when we were out of breath. “I won’t turn back. There’s no turning back. You are stuck with me” I said and chuckled.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

YEJI’S POV

“Put me down now” I said as she lifted me in her arms. “Shhh, I’m fine now so I can do this.” She said and then walked to the dine. “ma lady” she said which made me chuckle. “You are so clingy” I said. “and you love it” she spoke and displayed her whiskers. “and I love it” I repeated. Gish, she is so cute with that smile on. It still gives me the feeling which I had years ago. That tickling sensation in my heart. The heart drip in the stomach when she looks in my eyes. I just love every little thing she does. I wrapped my hand around her waist and that made me laugh. “Ryujin, your waist is so tiny” I laughed and she found it annoying. “sorry, sorry” I giggled. “you , yourself is so small. You are so tiny, so precious” I said as I cupped her cheeks. “I’m sure you say ‘you are so big’ in bed” She spoke with a smirk. “Well, that’s a different thing” I said and we had our dinner.

 

 

 

After the dinner Ryujin drove us home. It was so fun. Today Yuna and Chaeryeong visited me and later a date with Ryujin. A really good day. “what are you thinking” Ryujin said as she cuddled me. “I had fun today” I said and she giggled. “You know what to say at the end of the day?” she spoke

“What?”

“What a wonderful night” she said which made me giggle.