Engagement

Regret is my biggest fear

RYUJIN'S POV

 

My sleep was distrubed by an alarm. it was 6 in the morning. i dont remember why i had an alarm so early in the morning. oh, today is the engagement. i really dont want to get engaged to Yeji. not after what she did yesterday. i still have to wake up early for the arrangments.  it was my fault that i chose to get married to my ex. my life is full of regrets. i was going to take a bath but then i hear a really loud sound from downstairs. 

 

i ran down to check what has happened. i was in my t-shirt and boxers. i dont care if anyone sees me like this. i knocked on Yeji's bedroom door. she did not open. i guess the sound was not from her room. she slowly opened the door. her hand was lavishly flowing with blood. i pushed her in and entered. 

 

"what happened?" i asked seeing the room. the mirror glass was broken into 100 of pieces. it was all over the ground. "i guess the glass was loose and it fell. so i tried to hold it."she said. "have you gone mad? why do you have to catch such a huge mirror which was falling." i was so mad at Yeji and her foolishness. she is so tiny in front of the wall mirror in her room."shut up if you cant help" yeji shouted in pain. i was not worried about the mirror obviously. i rushed to my room. i sarted finding the first-aid. i made a mess out of my room to find the box. when i got it i ran downstairs.

 

"wait, dont touch it" she was trying to stop the blood flow. i ran and made her sit on the bed. "why are you so foolish Yeji?" i shouted at her. i started to apply the ointment. she was whining in pain. it was not a small cut. it was from her elbow to her wist. but thank god, the cut was not too deep. "stop, it hurts ah" yeji was bairing so much pain but she deserve this for her act.

 

"you are seriously a troublemaker" i said and she moved he hand away from me. "then why are you helping a troublemaker like me. why do you care?" she said holding her hand. "shut up, stop being so childish" i said and pulled her hand harshly and held it tightly so she cannot move. "it does not pain much but the way you are holding my hand hurts more than anything" she spoke between sobs. did i make her cry?

 

why is she so different at times. yesterday she was like the most cold and heartless person and now she is crying because i held her hand tightly. "what else do you expect?" i said and loosen the grip on her hand. i have used bandage after applying the ointments. she was still sobbing. i dont understand her. she was crying because of the hurt? 

 

i was taken back when she hugged me tightly and cried more. "i am sorry Ryujin" she said while crying. i dont understand why she had a change in her behavior so quickly. she wrapped her hands around my neck. i want to cry too. this was the thing i missed so much. i missed her wamth, her touch, her everything. i held her arm. nobody spoke. Yeji was still crying."why are you crying?" i asked. i went the lump in my throat. it was hard to hold back. 

 

"i am sorry" she was repeating it so many times. "for what?" i know what she means but still i want to listen to her. this is the first time in years I head her speaking her heart. "for everything" she spoke. she did not lift her head from my neck. i guess she will never let go of me. i tried to move her away.

 

her head was low. "i will clean that" i said and left to take a shower.

 

 

 

 

YEJI'S POV

 

it does not hurt from the glass which broke on my hand. it hurted me more that Ryujin was ignoring me now. i hate myself. i dont want anything else but Ryujin. this is how it felt for Ryujin when i hurted her. or maybe more. she has gone through a lot. i want to give her what she deserve. i went to the common bathroom for a shower. the thing which confused me was Ryujin was wearing boxers. she is really weird. 

 

lia was supposed to help me with the dress. i guess she is late. i went to the room and everything was cleaned. Ryujin really cleaned everything. i turned to walk upstairs but i see Ryujin walking to me. "i am going to the venue for arrangments, give a call if you need anything" Ryujin was dressed in a suit. that was her engagement suit. i never thought she will be wearing this kind of outfit. "are you playing a role of a husband?" i asked her. she was in a hurry i guess. "that is in the contract, and even if it was not in the contract i would never wear anything rather than this. And dont think of me being a girly wife" she spoke and left. after a second i heard the bell. i ran to the door. it was lia. 

 

"come in" i said and pulled lia to the room. "why did you needed Yuna's number yesterday?" lia started questioning. i want lia to know everthing what happened yeaterday. "i argued with Ryujin and she spoke something which hit my curiosity. i asked Yuna about what happened to Ryujin in these 6 years and Yuna told me everything." i said and see lia worring. she was sweating.  "you and Yuna are dead if Ryujin gets to know you asked Yuna and Yuna told you everything" lia spoke. "i dont care. what i care about is how i am going to get engaged to Ryujin" i said and lia was shocked.

 

"so are you going to stay?" lia asked me before she went close to the cabinet. "yes, there is no turning back now. and i will stay forever, whatever it takes." i spoke and lia smiled brightly. "so now at least you know you was wrong" lia spoke and i just nodded my head feeling guilty. "get dressed now" lia pulled the dress out from the cabinet. "hmm" i said and got dressed. there were few people who arrived at the house. they were the makeup artist. i never knew Ryujin ever thought so much about the engagement. i have to leave in an hour. i have the ring with me. i prepared something for Ryujin.

 

 

it was time to leave. i looked at myself before leaving. lia was right next to me. we were in the car. i held lia's hand tightly due to nervousness. "Yeji, do you love her?" lia asked from no where. i was scared to answer that. i still dont know how i fell. "i am trying to" i guess i couldn't get any better answer than that. "you will fall hard" lia said and smirked. i hate when lia is teasing me.

 

we were at the venue. it was arranged beautifully. i was asked to walk from the back stage to the side rooms. my mom was waiting for me. she was smiling when she saw me getting closer to her. she hugged me tightly. "my child, you look beautiful" my mom had a sad smile. i guess she still thinks i want to get rid of this arrange maarriage. "mom i am happy" i said and i guess she did not understand what i mean."i want to see you happy. that will be my first and last wish." i see Chaeyoung unnie helping Ryujin in arrangements. when they were done Chaeyoung unnie walked to the room i was in. "Yeji why did you prepare the piano?" Unnie asked and she sat on one of the chairs in the room. "Unnie does Ryujin know about that?" i asked hurriedly. "no, dad said not to say anything to Ryujin." i was happy that it was still hidden from Ryujin.

 

"Unnie its a surprise" i said and Chaeyoung unnie was confused. "why would you surprise her?" she kept questioning. "Unnie i started liking her." my voice faded till it completed the sentence. "what? are you for real Hwang Yeji?" my unnie jumped from her chair. she was more excited than me. "uhmm" i could not say anything else. after a second Chaeryoung and winter came to me. 

 

"Yeji lets go." they said so calmly. i was shocked that they get themselves so calm even after these many years. they surely hate me. they both we joined when Yuna let her hand to me. "come on unnie" yuna had a bright smile. i got up. i was nervous. my heart pounding hard. ryujin was on stage. there was media. many guests. we were been recorded. that made me more nervous. i stepped on the stage. Ryujin facing me.

 

"good evening ladies and gentlemen. today you all are invited here for my engagement with yeji." ryujin gave an annoucment. i guess that was not necessary. Ryujin's dad gave a speech then continued by my dad. i see Yuna showing me a thumbsup. i shyly smiled by her actions. Ryujin never stopped smiling. that was for the cameras. i hated the camera recording our personal and private lifes. i want a normal marriage with ryujin but i am scared to be rejected. after our dad's were finished with there speech. it was time fror my surprise. my dad spoke in the mic. "my dauther has prepared something for her fiance'. Ryujin was confused . i gave her a suspicious smile. she was standing there dumbfounded.

 

i got to the corner of the stage and pulled the white cloth which hid my piano. everybody cheered. i was happy in a way. i want to make Ryujin feel special and not let her regret this day in life.. i sat on the seat and placed a mic near my face. i was playing the piano and even singing.

 

 

Oh, her eyes, her eyes
Make the stars look like they're not shinin'
Her hair, her hair
Falls perfectly without her tryin'
She's so beautiful and I tell her everyday
Yeah, I know, I know
When I compliment her, she won't believe me
And it's so, it's so
Sad to think that she don't see what I see
But every time she asks me, "Do I look okay?"
I say

When I see your face
There's not a thing that I would change
'Cause you're amazing
Just the way you are
And when you smile
The whole world stops and stares for a while
'Cause girl, you're amazing
Just the way you are
Yeah

 

i saw Ryujin blushing. she loved it. i made eye conted with her. cuz the next verse was what i really wanted to tell her. the cameras following every move. the audience flowing with the melody. i was looking deep into her eyes. i also kinda blushed. now comes my favorite part of the song.

 

 

Her lips, her lips
I could kiss them all day if she'd let me
Her laugh, her laugh
She hates, but I think it's so y
She's so beautiful and I tell her everyday
Oh, you know, you know
You know I'd never ask you to change
If perfect's what you're searchin' for, then just stay the same
So don't even bother askin' if you look okay
You know I'll say

When I see your face
There's not a thing that I would change
'Cause you're amazing
Just the way you are
And when you smile
The whole world stops and stares for a while
'Cause girl, you're amazing
Just the way you are

The way you are
The way you are
Girl, you're amazing
Just the way you are

 

Ryujin hid her face with her hands. she covred with surprise. she would have never expected this from me. but i am trying to love her. her love is everything for me. she was crying. i dont know if it was a show or her real self.  i felt like crying too. but i have to continue the song.

 

 

When I see your face
There's not a thing that I would change
'Cause you're amazing
Just the way you are
And when you smile
The whole world stops and stares for a while
'Cause girl, you're amazing
Just the way you are
Yeah

 

 

 when i finished my performence i see people clapping. ryujin runs and hug me. she was crying. " dont cry" I said and patted her head. Yuna was hooting which made me feel shy. lia had a bright and proud smile. "why do you have to do this?" she spoke looking at me. "i guarantee this is not fake" i said and huged her again. after a moment Ryujin moved back and pulled the ring out from her pocket. she opened the box. my dad made the announcement. "i am so happy for my kids. they have grown so much. now i guess this is the time to put the rings" a second later he ended his speech ryujin took my hand and put the ring on my ring finger. she moved back holding my hand and left a kiss on my hand.

 

i put the ring on her left hand. we shared a few moments looking into each others eyes. i want to hug her once again. she was so dashing in that outfit. i am Ryujin's again. i love her. i dont want anyone else. she is more than enough for a person like me. i hear Yuna chantting from the crowed. "kiss.. kiss..kiss" i was too shy. i hoped Ryujin did not hear that. 

 

Ryujin chugged as Yuna countinued to chant. She spoke softly near my ear. "what do you say?" she said and i hit her being all shy in front of so many people. "i cant deny my sister" Ryujin said and i was scared that she will really kiss me in front of the adults. she came close and pecked on my cheek. the audience started whining. i smiled at how silly she can be. "that's it for now" Ryujin said and started laughing pointing her finger on yuna. Yuna ran on the stage and started whining. "go and click pictures, idiot" Ryujin said and i laughed at how silly they both are. "why are you laughing?" Ryujin asked and i stopped in a second. "i cant handle both of you together" i said continued laughing. 

 

Ryujin smirked and lifted me up in bridal style. i hit her shoulder asking her to put me down. "hey what are you doing? there are people" i said and tried to get down which looked more funny. i see our parents laughing at our sillyness. "who said you need to handle both of us? just take care of me" she said and put me down. i felt so embaressed. "shut up"

 

lia came close to the stage and spoke "are you guys back together?" that question was tough but Ryujin was everything i want. "yes" i said and looked at Ryujin. she had a face filled with fear. i will never break her heart again. i see Yuna recording us closely. "today on this day, i promise to be with you forever" i said and Ryujin stayed silent. i dont know what she was expecting but i wish i have her with me till the last day of my life.

 

this time i said a little louder so that it can be audable to the camera which Yuna was holding. "I LOVE YOU SHIN RYUIN"