Chapter 4

My Feelings Won't Fade

Key's POV
 

 

"You didn't call me Kiki oppa, right?" What the is this girl's talking? Did she just call me 'Kiki oppa'? How in the world did she know that?

"I.. just called you Kiki oppa." She really is Lee Soojin, my childhood bestfriend and my first love. I run and hug her. "Why didn't you told me earlier?" I hug her tightly. You don't have an idea of how I missed you so much, Soojin. You don't.

"Idiot. I didn't even know that it's you.." I chuckled. How come the sweet little Soojin I knew had transformed into a foul mouthed Soojin?

"I'm your oppa. You shouldn't say bad words to me. You changed a lot." I said, breaking our hug.

"You changed a lot too. I thought you're still the same Kim Kibum. The fat, noodle-lover jerk." She said that without looking at my eyes. I smiled. I see her blushing.

"Why are you blushing?"

"I'm not."

"You are."

"Nope."

"I saw you."

"Shut the up. Your grandmother's waiting for you."

"And you too. She invited you to a dinner tonight, am I right?" She left without nodding or saying yes. You changed. A lot.

 

 

"Kibummie! Why don't you go to Soojin's house and fetch her?" I heard my grandmother yelling at me. I smiled. "Yes, grandma!" I went down the stairs and the delicious smell of the food entered in my nose. "Noodles." Our Cook looked at me when I said that.

"How did you know I was cooking noodles, young master?" Young master? Sounds great.

"Umm.. I like noodles." You don't know how addicted I am to noodles.

"Oh I see." He smiled at me and continued cooking. I went outside. I saw this guy who's grinning at me. He must be Jinki.

"Annyeong." I slightly bowed at him.

"Are you Kibum? Wow, you've grown a lot!" Jinki is still a dork. He never changed. He tiptoed a bit just to level his height at me. I laughed.

"By the way Jinki hyung, call me Key."

"And call me Onew. Not Jinki. Okay?" Jinki hyung, I mean Onew hyung changed his name too. I wonder why.

"Why did you changed your name?"

"Soojin gave me that nickname and I liked it. So I decided to let everyone call me Onew." Soojin is good at giving nicknames huh. When I went to study overseas, I decided to let everyone call me Key. It came from 'Kiki', the name Soojin used to call me. I saw someone went inside our gate. Ah, it's Soojin's mother and father. "Good evening." I did a perfect bow for them. "Good evening too." They replied back at me smiling. I smiled too.

"You are Kibum, right? My daughter's childhood friend. You grew a lot. And you're not chubby anymore." I laughed at Soojin's father's comment. I guess Soojin inherited from him. That character that likes to comment honestly. "Appa! He's not chubby. He's fat." Soojin appeared from his father's back. I smiled at her but she ignored me. She's only wearing a very simple dress but she looked pretty anyway. Onew and Soojin's parents went in. Soojin was about to go inside too but I hold her arm. I whispered to her, "Why are you wearing such a dress at a dinner appointment?" She chuckled and raised an eyebrow.

"Dinner appointment? Well, I'm just here to eat. After that, I'll go home and sleep." She continued on her way to get in our house.

 

---skip eating time. :)

 

------------------

 

Soojin's POV

 

What a boring dinner. Why the are they talking about me and Kim Kibum? Why not talk about Onew and his chicken? Damn it, I'm full right now. I ing want to sleep. Kim Kibum is sitting beside me. I see him laughing when he hears a funny story about me. They like to talk about me, huh. "I.. wanna go home." Everyone looked at me when I said that. I'm just saying the truth, why widen your eyes.

"You can't. We still need to finish our conversation with Key's grandparents." Umma! No way I'm staying here. It's almost 8 pm and by 9, I'm already sleeping. Damn in. I pouted. I hate this day.

"Umm.. I want to take Soojin to the nearest park." Kim Kibum suddenly said. WHAT? Why? No hell way!

His grandparents and my parents smiled. "Okay, take care of Soojin, Kibummie." Grandma agreed with Kim Kibum. Errr. I hate all of you! Kim Kibum smiled and stand. "Come on?" I lazily stand and followed him. I stopped and noticed that Jinki's is still there. "Hey why won't Jinki come with us?" Jinki glared at me. What the . I did not do anything with you or your chicken, man! Oh I see. He's eating chicken. I don't know. I chuckled and stuck my tongue at him. I followed Kim Kibum again.

 

 

"You said we're going to the nearest park. It's been 10 minutes but I haven't seen any park yet! Where are you going to take me? Ohh don't tell me, you'll kidnap me! I need to go home right now!" I run fast but Kim Kibum caught my wrist. Damn it.

"You and your stupid imaginations equals FAIL." He said as he tightened his grip on my wrist. He continued walking.

"Where are you really gonna take me to? I want to go back now.." I sounded like a coward. Really. I'm scared. I don't know where this guy is gonna take me. He stopped. This park.. I didn't go here since he left. I miss this park.. so much. I looked at him. He looked happy. He's happy that he came here again. It makes me sad. I remember that time. When he promised to stay with me. But he broke it. I waited for him to come at my birthday but he didn't. You don't know how hurt I was at my 7th birthday, Kim Kibum. You don't know.

"Do you remember this park?" He looked at me grinning.

"How can I not forgot?" How can I? You left me. You broke your promise. And you broke my heart.

"Why are you crying?" I am crying?? He touched my cheek and wiped my tear. We sat on the swing. I remember that I always pushed him but I can't. He's so fat when he was young. I can't move the swing because of his weight. No matter how hard I pushed him, I still can't. That fat .

"You just cried. And now, you're glaring at me. What's wrong with you, kid?" I glared at him even more. Calling me a kid, huh? He laughed and I just stared at him. He is indeed handsome. The Kim Kibum I knew changed.. a lot. He grew taller, his complexion became fairer,  his hair is really shiny. Especially when it has colorful streaks. But when I first saw him, he looked like an addict. I laughed. He stared at me. I smirked. Yeah, yeah. I'm a crazy girl, if that's what you think. I cry, I laugh, I glare. I.. love. He suddenly give me something. A small box. If it's a ring then I'd really run. Don't tell me you like me, Kim Kibum because I don't. "What's this?"

"You wouldn't know if you don't open." I opened the box. Oh, it's a locket. "Why are you giving this?" He looked away to avoid eye contact.

"I am supposed to give that as your birthday gift when you turned seven. But I didn't have the chance. Mom and dad wants me to study abroad and I need to follow them. I actually don't want to leave you. To leave South Korea. But because of their decision.. I need to obey them, they're my parents. I promised to stay with you forever, right?" He looked at me in my eyes. God.. what's this feeling? Why am I nervous?.. I feel it.. I am blushing. WHAT? NO WAY. I looked away from his eyes. I don't want to see it. I felt his hands on my shoulder. He turned me to look at him. But still, I didn't look at his eyes. Don't do this to me, Kim Kibum. Please...

"And now, I'm gonna re-build the broken promise that I left." He smiled at me. And now, I looked at his eyes. It says the truth. I stand and did not look at him.

"Are you joking? It is already broken. There's no way you can still fix it." He stand and hugged me. He rested his chin on my shoulder. I can feel his breathe on my cheek.

"I'm gonna make another promise again. And this time, I will never break it." I wiggled to get out of his arms. But he tightened it even more. "Please let me go."

"Even if I die, I'll always be yours. No matter what happens, I will be yours. Only yours. I promise." Finally, I got out of his arms. I slapped him. "HAHAHA. That's a funny promise. Don't make promises, Kim Kibum when you can't even do it. Don't make promises if you only intend to break my heart again. Because of you, I changed a lot. I learn how to speak foul words. I learn how to curse people. I learn not to trust people anymore. You.. locked my heart." A tear escaped from my eyes. I ran and went home. I can't hide it anymore. The pain you've given me.. I hate you, Kim Kibum. I really hate you!

 

------------------

 

Key's POV

 

"Oh Kibummie, you are early today!" Grandma greeted me as I went down from the stairs. I'm sorry grandma, but I'm not in the mood to greet you today. Soojin's words.. hurt me so much like hell last night. I'm now regretting why I took her outside. I'm such an idiot.

"Kibum, sit down. Eat a lot. You look so skinny." Grandpa said while flipping a page on the newspaper that he's reading.

"I'm sorry grandpa, but I really need to go to school right now. I have something important to do there." I lied. I lost my appetite just by thinking about her. Why are you so cruel, Soojin?

"I asked our cook to pack a lunch for you."

"I've found new friends. I can eat with them, grandpa. I'll eat well, don't worry." I let out a fake smile and left. When I went out on the gate, I saw Soojin looking something at her bag. Maybe checking her things. I was staring at her for the whole minute and the next thing I know, she caught me looking at her. I still look at her. She caught me anyway so I didn't look at any other directions.

"Can I go to school with you?" I asked her with pleading eyes.

"You're rich. I'm just taking a bus on my way to school. Go ride on your car." She replied coldly and was about to left when I stopped her. "I'll go with you whether you like it or not." She glared at me. I got an idea. What if I and pretended that I wasn't affected by what she had told me last night? That would be fun. Maybe in case, by that way, I'll be close to her. I smirked and wrap my arms around her shoulders. She got my arms off her shoulder but no matter how many times she'll do that, I'm gonna wrap my arms on her all over again. We walked with peacefully. Both of us didn't talk at each other. Lee Soojin is playing 'hard to get', huh. I smirked evilly. You'll end up liking at me. I know. She ran when she saw a bus. I am busy talking to myself when she did that. Of course, I followed her. But the driver is driving way too fast. I can't reach the bus. "Lee Soojin!" i ran faster and shouted at the top of my lungs. Damn it. She didn't even told the driver to slow down because someone will get in. Instead, she stuck her tongue out at me and laughed. I think the driver noticed me and he stopped. Soojin stopped laughing like crazy and I get in. I sat beside her panting.

"You're such a devil!" I glared at her but she is not afraid.

"Don't curse yourself too much, Kim Kibum." She smirked and look outside, since she's on the side near the window. Why do I always get stunned by your looks, Soojin? That's just a side view of yourse but.. you look awesome.

"Oh it's you, Soojin! Good morning!" A woman holding a kid suddenly greeted her. How come she knew Soojin?

Soojin smiled sweetly at her and bowed slightly. "Good morning, Mrs. Kang." She looked at the child and went her face near him, well not that close because I'm between them. "Good morning, Dongwook." That kid gave her a peck on the cheek which made her chuckle. I glared at the kid and her. She sit properly and smiled at the kid's mother again, ignoring my glare.

That kid's mother saw me looking at Soojin and her child with devilish eyes. So she whispered at her child but we can still hear it. "Dongwook, you saw that guy beside Soojin noona, right?" The kid called Dongwook nodded. "Well, he's noona's boyfriend."

"What is boyfriend, umma?" I smugged when I heard his mother said that.

"Ah Mrs. Kang, he's not my boyfriend." Soojin let out a fake smile and sneered at me.

"Oh I'm sorry." That so called Mrs. Kang bowed at Soojin and looked at me. "What's your name?"

"K-Kim Kibum." I bowed slightly and smiled.

"Kim.. Soojin.. It suits well!" I chuckled and Soojin glared at us. She even did that to Mrs. Kang. Mrs. Kang noticed it and she hurriedly rbought her son to the empty seat. "She looks scared of you because of your fugly face." I'm gonna start teasing Soojin today. I smirked.

"Yah, as if you're pretty." She looked outside. I moved closer to her ear and whispered, "I had a nice complexion, pink lips, cute eyes and chubby cheeks. Isn't that pretty?" She pushed me.

"You sound so gay." I laughed. Soojin is not that type of a girl you can mess with.

 

 

When I got into the school entrance, students were looking at us, gossiping. But I'm the Almighty Key so I could hear them whisper like:

"Oh, Soojin is coming to school with that new student!"

"Don't tell me, she banged with him last night!"

"I really think she did that."

"Yeah! She's a flirt, remember?"

What the-- I was about to go and attack them but Soojin hold my shirt and stopped me. Instead, she went near them and smiled.

"Isn't today a wonderful day?" She looked up the sky and close her eyes to feel the wind... I guess. "Hey answer me!"

"U-Uhh y-yeah.. today is a wonderful day." One of the girls who gossiped awhile ago gave an uneasy smile to her. Soojin looked at them, no I mean glared scarily which made one of the girls run. Since she's taller than them, she leveled her face to those girls. "And then you, you and you came to ruin my beautiful morning." She said while pointing to each girl. Those girls shivered and Soojin laughed evilly. "What do you want? I'll kick you in the or all of you will go away and stop ting?" Those girls run and Soojin laughed even more. She went back to me and smirked. "Go to your class now, jerk. Or you'll end up being punished by your strict, goddamned teacher." She patted my shoulder and walked away. I laughed in my mind. Lee Soojin is acting cool. Like, what the heck? HAHAHA.