Boseong tea plantations

Surrogate

 

"It's so beautiful here, so peaceful and serene" Ryeowook breathe in the fresh air.

They were walking hand-in-hand along the tea plantations slope and the whole scenery was awesome.

"It is!! I didn't even know about this place!" Kyuhyun smile at her because she looked radiant and happy. "Let's take a selfie and send to harabuji" kyuhyun pulled her closer and took their photo together. 

Today there are over 5.8 million tea trees and 3 million other trees around, and Boseong as a whole is responsible for 40% of Korea’s tea production. While there are some other privately owned plantations in the county, this Daehan tea plantation is the biggest. Its farming methods are also fully organic.

As kyuhyun and Ryeowook walked slowly up the trail, there are a little teahouse and souvenir shop  (대한나업) to their left and next to it is the ice cream shop and cafeteria (대한다원쉼터), also on their left.

"Kyu-Kyu, can we eat ice-cream??!" Ryeowook pulled his hand excitedly. 

" Your 'we' means you and baby?" kyuhyun teased his wife. 

"Baby, me and you" Ryeowook pulled his hand along, laughing. 

"Wait Ryeong! Walk slowly!!" kyuhyun laughingly held back her hand to slow her down. When pregnant women are craving for something, nothing could stop them!! 

They got a table and an elderly ahjuma came over with a menu. Seeing that the customer is pregnant, the ahjuma decided to advice and recommend which flavour that she might want to try instead. 

"Ma'am, since you are pregnant, you should not try tea-based ice-cream. Can I recommend our homemade non-tea-based ice-cream, such as soybean, bamboo with brown sugar, almond jelly, apple with aloe-vera, strawberry, and winter-melon" the ahjuma said kindly and politely.

"Ohhh okay, thank you for letting me know! I'll try bamboo with brown sugar then" Ryeowook told her.

The ahjuma nodded, and turned to kyuhyun "And you sir?"

"I'll try matcha tea with mocha ice-cream" Kyuhyun smile, lifting his eyebrows up and down, teasing at his wife since she couldn't try tea-based ice-cream.

"Tsk..." Ryeowook feigned sulking, making kyuhyun laughed.

"Thank you, I will bring the ice-cream in a while" she bowed and walked a few steps, and took a pillow. She came back to Ryeowook, and politely seek permission to place the pillow behind her and asked her to lean back "It's good for your back, ma'am, since your baby is big, and you could easily get backache" she said and bowed again, and walked off to the kitchen.

Ryeowook looked down on her tummy and gently rub it. "Our baby is big, must be because of his long legs, just like you" she smile. "But how did that ahjuma know that our baby is big?"

"I guess sometimes older village folks can see things by just observing"

"I guess so too" Ryeowook looked up and smile. "Kyu-Kyu, I wonder what I will be doing now, if I wasn't married to you. Probability I wear big tee-shirt just to hide my pregnancy so that I can still work"

"I wouldn't allow it, and I will insist on Plan B" Kyuhyun reached over and took her hand.

"What's Plan B?" Ryeowook asked confusedly.

"Remember, I told you to consider to work at my apartment? But by then I realised that I had fallen in love with you, so, I shelve off Plan B"

"Ahhh, yeah, now I remember" Ryeowook smile. She suddenly grimace and leaned back more and soothed her tummy when she felt baby kicking.

"Are you okay?" kyuhyun asked, and got up to sit next to her.  "Baby kick you?" and when Ryeowook nodded, kyuhyun soothed her tummy and said "He's testing his long legs...."

Ryeowook chuckled. "Maybe he can't wait to try the ice-cream..."

"Heyy baby, Ahjuma is coming, wait a bit, let mummy eat in peace okay" kyuhyun bend down and told their baby. 

He squeezed Ryeowook's hand and went back to his seat opposite her just when the ahjumi came with their ice-cream. She also gave a free waffle with a scoop of strawberry ice-cream "It's on the house" she told Ryeowook. 

"Ohhh thank you ahjumoni" Ryeowook clapped her hands happily. "So nice of you" 

"You take care, alright. Your baby will be love by everyone and it will be born on the same date as somebody special in your lives" she gestured to both of them, smile, bowed and moved away. 

Ryeowook looked at Kyuhyun with surprise, who looked back at her with equally surprised expression. 

"My estimated due date is around end November. Who's birthday around that time?" Ryeowook wondered to kyuhyun. 

"Hmmm, harabuji, but his birthday is 2 weeks earlier, on 6th November" kyuhyun checked his calendar. 

"Maybe ahjuma meant same month" Ryeowook shrugged her shoulder and started scooping the ice-cream. "Mmmmm, this is nice!!" she scoop a spoon and gestured for her husband to try. 

"Wow, that's something different! I can taste the bamboo, and the brown sugar is not that sweet. Come, you try just a bit of this matcha tea" kyuhyun scoop a fraction so that his wife could taste it. 

"Nice, but the tea flavour is quite strong, no wonder ahjuma mentioned that I shouldn't order tea-based ice-cream..." Ryeowook said, looking up to where ahjuma was standing at her counter. 

"All the ice-cream here are home-made from their own plantation. Ahjuma and her staff are really hard working prople" Kyuhyun praised the ahjuma. 

They finished up their ice-cream and went to visit the tea factory. At the tea souvenir shop, Ryeowook bought boxes of teabags for harabuji and family, for Siwon and for Hyunshik too. 

Kyuhyun silently shook his head because Hyunshik was always a special person to Ryeowook eventhough her heart wholeheartedly belongs to him. Kyuhyun knew that his wife loves only him, and there was nothing to be jealous at all. 

"Kyu-Kyu, can we go to the green tea museum?" Ryeowook pulled his hand. 

Kyuhyun chuckled "Let's go tomorrow, you need to rest. We have two more days here..." Kyuhyun pinched her nose. He knew his wife was enjoying herself because she never went for a tour, but he wanted her to rest. 

They went back to their hotel room.  They stayed at Boseung Nokcha Resort, where their balcony has a good view of the beautiful slopes of the green tea field. The resort is located next to the Green Tea Museum, so they decided to visit the museum right after their breakfast tomorrow morning. 

Meanwhile, at the care centre, there was a widespread of bacterial infection which started from an elderly patient who got infected by his visitor who was sick and coughing non-stop. 

The elderly patient got infected, then two nurses got infected, and it then spread to other nurses and patients, including Ryeowook's, father, Mr Kim. His condition was serious as his fever was high and he was in and out of consciousness. 

The whole care centre has to be closed from receiving visitors as they need to curb the bacterial infection spread. When harabuji got to know, he quickly went to the care centre but was not allowed to enter. 

He demanded to talk to a doctor, and was somewhat relieved when a doctor briefed him on Mr Kim's condition, and where he would be given priority for an injection as well as given medicines through the tube together with his milk. 

Harabuji sighed during his journey back home. He said aloud to his, son-in-law, Mr Shim. "Should I tell this news to Wook? I think she should know.." 

"I think shouldn't, abunim.  Let them enjoy the break. Maybe we monitor Mr Kim's condition for these two days first..." Mr Shim told harabuji. 

"I think you are right. Okay I'll call the care centre tomorrow morning" harabuji said, looking out the window with a worried look. He hope that the bacterial infection could be contained and Mr Kim could recover. 

He was thankful that kyuhyun brought Ryeowook away for a break and wasn't at the care centre at all, else she would get the infection too. He couldn't imagine if she was infected, surely her life would be in danger as she was pregnant. 

At the Boseung Nokcha Resort, instead of resting, Ryeowook was standing at their balcony to admire and taking photos of the beautiful view. When kyuhyun found her after he finished a call with his staff, she was trying to take a selfie.

He chuckled and gently took her phone from her hand "Ryeong, come, let me take it for you" and pecked her lips and got her to post for photos. They took selfies together as well and then kyuhyun couldn't resist to kiss her because she looked so cute giggling at their photos. 

He put her phone on the side table and pulled her into his arms. "I love you Ryeong, really really love you" he smile lovingly at her and hugged her again. 

"When did you actually started liking me?" Ryeowook asked him naughtily. 

"Hmmm, I don't really know when, maybe I was already smitten by you on the first day that I met you" kyuhyun smile, recalling that Sunday, which was the first time that he had waited to pick her up outside the cafe. 

"I was just a simple girl back then. I remembered I was very nervous and had wanted to text you to cancel the whole thing" Ryeowook laughed. 

"And your simplicity and hardworking attitude really caught me, and I guess the feeling just bloom from then. And you are really beautiful to add to it all!" he pecked lips, smile at her and kissed her again. 

"I love you too. At first I was scared that you only cared for me because of the surrogation and you just wanted the baby. But you have shown me that your feelings are genuine and I'm so thankful for that. Thank you for loving me" Ryeowook smile sweetly and tiptoed to kiss him back. 

Kyuhyun smile and scooped her up and carried her to their bed. After their lovemaking and she fell asleep in his arms, he loving traced her nose and face and peck her lips again. They hardly has quality times together as she was not well, and he was thankful that they had decided to go for a break. 

He pulled her into a hug again and drifted into a sleep as well. 

"Abuji!!" Ryeowook was waving at her father when she saw him standing in the care centre's garden. She felt strange that he could stand up, and had wanted to run to him to hug him because she was happy that he wasn't bed-ridden anymore. But his father waved at her and started walking away. "Abuji, wait!! Wait for me..." 

And Ryeowook awoke and opened her eyes. She wasn't in the care centre's garden, but in her husband's arms. 

"I was dreaming of abuji..." she wondered alone. "Is he okay...?" she asked herself, still feeling strange that her father was standing and waving at her and then walking away...