Ch. 20

A Walk Through The Park
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The rest of the week till Friday was all the same, Nayeon, Jeongyeon, and Momo going to work when scheduled, Suzy at work everyday. Sana watching over the kids, Dahyun and Chaeyoung playing with the little ones, the youngests of the group doing various things, and Ray being a great family dog.

Friday was a free day for everyone, even Suzy since she got a day off for this. Nayeon, Jeongyeon, and Suzy left to go buy the van needed to drive everyone. It took hours to find the right one, Sana and Momo put on Monsters Inc for everyone to watch while Dahyun and Chaeyoung made dinner together. They're all like one normal family, which felt nice to everyone.

Hours after looking the 3 bought a van that is new, easy to drive, and would be great to take on trips when needed. It was perfect a 9 sitter van, 2 in the very front, 2 in the front middle, 2 in the back middle and 3 in the back....Enough for everyone to fit, and still just enough to fit luggage in the back. Although it is very expensive, Suzy still insisted and paid it off. Nayeon promised herself to pay back Suzy, even if it takes years, she'll do it.

They still choose to walk to school, they've only used the car once, and that was to drive downtown and explore. They pulled out their mom's car and took that out, which Jeongyeon and Nayeon use to go to work or drop Momo off, it does make going to work and getting picked up easier.

The next few weeks went by and Nayeon is turning 18 in 1 day, she has been talking to Suzy about becoming a legal guardian. "Suzy do you really think it'll work?" She nodded "Look tomorrow is Saturday, and I think you got the day off, I know the others did" Nayeon nodded "We have court tomorrow?" Suzy nods again "It'll be fine Nayeon, it might take a while, but I'm your case it might be quicker than usual, and I hope you prepared what you are going to say" Nayeon jumped up "I'll be back" and ran off to her shared room.

The next day, Suzy woke everyone up "Nayeon let's go, I'll be taking off, but be at the court house by 11, it's 9. Also Happy Birthday" Suzy left, and Nayeon got up and got clothes for everyone to wear. Mina was fighting Nayeon because she didn't want to wear a dress. Sana and Momo wanted to be comfortable and not wear a dress either.

Nayeon sighed "Sana Momo, make sure you have nice clothes, I got you some stuff. It's not dresses" They nodded and Jeongyeon was already on her way to DubChaeng's room "Girls, Nayeon said you don't have to wear dresses, but put on some nice pants and nice blouses. It's court we need to look nice" They both groaned as they got up and slowly started getting ready.

When they all finished an hour later, they met in the living room. Nayeon sighed "You ready?" Jeongyeon hugged Nayeon "Happy Birthday" then everyone hugged her. Nayeon gave everyone a hug "Thank you, now let's go do this. For us" they all nodded and slowly got in the van. Jeongyeon in the front and Nayeon I'm the drivers seat. "Suzy should already be there, and we will be a little early, but still no worries" Off they went to the courthouse.

When they arrived, Suzy met them outside and Suzy gave Nayeon a hug "Happy Birthday" Nayeon thanked her and not just for her saying happy birthday, but for helping them. Suzy gave a nod "It's been the best time, and don't even think about trying to pay me back. Being a lawyer and single, I've been gaining a lot of money, it feel great to spend it on you guys like family." Nayeon laughed a little "Wow, I still do plan on paying you back, in about...how does 15 years sound." They laughed as they all went inside.

When the time came, they all sat in the courtroom. Nayeon next to Suzy, and the others behind them. Again Suzy's phone. After a year of working, Nayeon has enough money to buy a tablet for the whole family to share. She has been saving up for something big, not a phone because she still doesn't have enough to constantly pay a bill. Maybe once they move she might.

It was taking quite a while, Nayeon was fidgeting in her seat, Suzy was as calm as ever. She was only going to be helping Nayeon with things she might not understand, but it was all up to Nayeon to make sure she gets this right and becomes the legal guardian of her 8 sisters. She didn't want to lose them, even though 6 of them aren't actually related, they all relate by heart.

After what felt like forever to Nayeon, the judge walked out and sat down on his chair, letting everyone else sit down as well. He looked at Nayeon and at Suzy "Suzy you know this is only supposed to be Nayeon?" She nods "I am just here to help her understand some words or certain things she might not get" The judge nodded "So we are here to fight for guardianship over 8 girls...8...wow 8 girls" Nayeon smiled "Yes your honor"

The judge nodded "Okay, is there a certain reason to be taking guardianship over the 8"

"Yes your honor" Nayeon looked at Suzy who gave her a thumbs up to keep going

"Well as the oldest I take most responsibility over these girls since I have been watching over them for a little over a year. When me and my sisters parents died, we were told we can stay in the house we live in since me and my sister Jeongyeon were old enough and mature enough to watch over our little sister Jihyo. We started looking for jobs so we don't run out of money, but in that search we bumped into 6 girls. Sana, Momo, and Mina all from foster care, runaways

They ran away from foster care because of the mistreatment and neglect they faced. Sana and Momo the same age as Jeongyeon 15 years old started to care for a 7 year old Mina. Sana the only one with a job at the time. Also 3 sisters Dahyun, Chaeyoung, and Tzuyu 13,12,5 they were kicked out by their parents, living in a one bedroom thanks to their teacher, but skipping meals for the sake of keeping Tzuyu healthy.

When we met them at the park, we picked up Sana, Momo, and Mina off the streets, caring for them. Giving them the essentials needed to live and be healthy, the sisters were stubborn, but with a little help we took them in and cared for them as well. But it got hard to sign them up for school, buy a house, buy a car, and do everything for them because we don't have a legal guardian. Now that I turn 18 today, I want to make their lives better by being their guardian and caring for them in the same way I did before."

The judge looked at Nayeon with a serious face and she sat down next to Suzy all nervous. Tzuyu, Jihyo, and Mina all held Nayeon's hand since she was close enough for them to reach. Nayeon smiled and kissed their heads whispering to them "Sit back, and pay attention" They nodded and sat back in their seats, Dahyun's and Chaeyoung holding hands hoping for the best.

The judge started taking notes and looked back at Nayeon "Do you have a steady job?" Nayeon nods "Yes your honor" He points to the ones behind Nayeon "Them?" Nayeon again nods "Yes your honor. I work at a Cafe, Jeongyeon at a bakery, Momo at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter