Ch. 26

A Walk Through The Park
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hi you're my dad's employee right? Jeongyeon?"

"Uh yes ma'am, is there something wrong?"

"Uh...yes. He told me to uh give you the updates. He's passed yesterday." She started to cry a little. Jeongyeon froze, but say her crying and gave her a napkin to help. "I'm so sorry for your loss, he was a great guy" She nodded, and continued "This weekend is his funeral, we would like for you to come. He was so happy when you decided to work for him, and he would talk about how nice you were and such a great employee." They talked about details, and she left.

Jeongyeon was left in the shop alone, and she didn't know what to do, the bakery would be closing. She finished up for the day in a very low mood, and locked up. When she got home, Nayeon noticed her off mood "Hey what's wrong?"

"My boss passed away"

"What?"

"Yea so this weekend I'm going to his funeral, want to come?"

"Yea, I'll go with you. Don't worry. Wait what about your job, are you being let go?"

"Yea, the bakery has to close, but I guess it's fine. I'll miss it, it was a fun job" Jeongyeon laid on the couch and Nayeon just comforted her while watching a movie. It was very understandable why she was so down, it had been 2 years since she had that job, and was his only employee so they got close and Jeongyeon would laugh at his jokes, and he was the reason she would always say dad jokes at home. But now she can get the rest she needs and wants

That weekend, Nayeon and Jeongyeon got ready to leave "Dub, Chae since Momo and Sana are at work. Watch over the younger ones, me and Jeongyeon will back back later in the afternoon. So behave and watch them" They both saluted and continued to watch TV, Jeongyeon and Nayeon left the house. The funeral was really sad, Nayeon comforted Jeongyeon. Jeongyeon met the son and daughter and hoped for the best for the rest of the family. It went on like any funeral, then after they all agreed to meet at the bakery for one last time.

The son stood in the front "So my father loved this bakery, he wanted me and my sister to help him. But we wanted to do other things, and he was perfectly fine with it and supported us like we supported him. He found an employee and he was happier, and later more people came to his bakery, he was living his dream. We all hate to say that the bakery would be closing, we will miss him. January is the month we will close it, so until then. It will open every first of the month. I'm sorry"

Jeongyeon walked up to the sister "I can help the days you are open" She nodded "We would love that, thank you" She nodded, and felt better knowing she would be going in at least once a month. Surprised nobody would step in a keep living his dream and keep it open. It was just going to close. It was shocking, but Nayeon made her feel better about it.

When they got home, Jeongyeon sighed and just laid on the couch, Chaeyoung came in "Hey, how was it" Jeongyeon looked up "Alright I guess, I don't know how you would say a funeral was" Chaeyoung froze, turned around, and walked away. Jihyo, Mina, and Tzuyu ran out of their room chasing Ray, and Nayeon stopped them "Take it outside, not in the house" They nodded and ran outside.

With that, every month Jeongyeon went once to the bakery to help it. People in the city knew what happened and would always crowd the day they opened. That is where Jeongyeon went every month.

It was the end of the year, and on the last day of school. Nayeon got up to leave the class that she hated the most. Her teacher stopped her "Nayeon, can you stay back" She sighed, but nodded putting her stuff down. He sat on his desk while Nayeon sat at the desk in front of his "Am I in trouble?"

"No, I just want to apologized, I was a terrible teacher to you. I'm sorry"

"Why? Why did you do what you did?"

"I have no excuse. You were just always leaving early, walking out of my class with a walkie talkie. So I just ended up having it out for you. I was talking to the other teacher and principal, they made me fully understand what you are going through. I'm sorry, you're doing good taking care of your sisters. I'm also sorry I am the reason you can't wait to graduate out of the school."

"Thank you for the apology"

"So as a graduation gift, and for my apologies. I got you something, I hope this helps you out a lot." He reaches behind his desk and pulled out a gift bag "Don't open it now, you have to go to your next class" Nayeon smiled "I'm sorry for always talking back, but Thank you" He nodded, and Nayeon left. She made it to her next class and opened the gift with a note 'This should be easier without a walkie talkie, if you need to call teachers or someone important' She looked in the bag and its a brand new phone.

She was so surprised, and was so happy. She was planning on buying herself a phone to talk to make it easier for the teachers to communicate to her, but still didn't have enough for a plan and the phone. She was so happy, if she saves enough more money, she could possibly buy one phone for Jeongyeon, and later on when she gets enough more money again then for Momo or Sana. She is slowly planning this out.

After school, she said by to her principal, picked up her cap and gown, and left with Jeongyeon, Momo, and Sana. She showed them w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter