044

I Want To Look At You

 

 

Rowoon’s forehead creased as he walked with Hana, she was busy typing on her phone as they reached the front doors of the Kang residence.

“Han,” He finally spoke as the girl reached for the knob, Hana turned to him.

“Oh, you’re not going in? I asked them to prepare some tea.” She said to him, Rowoon’s forehead creased and he shook his head.

“Hyung…said some things earlier and I..I don’t want you to be thinking that~”

“I know. Is this why you’ve been all weird on the drive here?” Hana broke into a small grin, Rowoon pursed his lips.

“You were uncomfortable.”

“Who wouldn’t be? But, oppa has always been like that, aren’t we all used to it by now?”

Rowoon exhaled and looked away from her, Hana watched as the male ran his fingers through his hair.

“I don’t want you to think that you have to give me an answer now, or, you have to put up with me because~”

“Rowoon, if I didn’t want to be around you, then you wouldn’t be here, standing right in front of our house. I mean, come on,” Hana reached out to softly slap his arm.

“You know me. Of all people, you know me best.”

Rowoon met her gaze and then he gave her a small nod.

“I…I just have so much going on right now, and I’d like to straighten things up before~”

“I can~”

“Straighten things up on my own,” She said firmly, Rowoon shut his mouth.

“I mean, you of all people deserve all the attention. So, let me do my own thing first, okay?”

“Okay.”

Hana smiled, and then she leaned forward and kissed his cheek, Rowoon paused but he slowly wrapped his arms around her.

“We’re okay.” He murmured back, Hana smiled and pressed her cheek against his chest.

 

 

 

“He made me pinky swear,” Hana spoke, Chani looked up from his laptop and laughed.

“Noona, hyung knows you hate those type of things.”

“Hate is a strong word, but yeah, I really don’t see the point in going. But do I want to die?” Hana mused as she plopped down on the couch. Chani smiled to himself, his sister had dropped by at his office to check in and KangSan employees were happy to see their old boss. They also wanted her to come back.

“That..noona didn’t do anything funny? Yet?”

Hana stopped moving at the mention of Jihye, she closed her eyes before speaking.

“I don’t know. Sometimes, I feel like a bad person for even…even witnessing all that, but she was hurting not just me, she dragged the company I was working for. And I have to protect that, you know.”

“Noona, it’s not your fault. You weren’t the one cheating on Rowoon hyung, and she is stupid for going along with Kim Moonho’s children.”

“Do you want me back here?” Hana was smiling as she sat up, Chani shut his laptop close.

“Can you start today?” He said eagerly, the girl laughed and nodded back at him.

“I have to talk to Rowoon about it, but I guess it’s fine now.”

“You should have seen how hyung put that Mingyu in his place, at one point he even stopped attending meetings.”

Hana smiled to herself and stood up.

“You and hyung are…okay right? I mean…” Chani trailed off, Hana looked at her sibling and nodded.

“We are.”

“Noona, the guy is in love with you. He always has been.”

“I am not having this conversation with you.”

“The only time I heard him spoke bad of someone was when Jung Jaehyun got in the picture and~”

“I’m going to go, see you at home.” Hana said as she quickly picked up her purse and walked out of the room, Chani laughed to himself and leaned back on his seat.

“It’s true though.”

 

 

 

“You’re coming back? Already?” Chanyeol frowned, Rowoon looked at his cousin, slightly offended.

“I see my presence was missed.” He commented in a dry tone, Changmin chuckled from his seat.

“Why? Is KangSan already safe for your darling?”

“She wants to go back. And don’t call her that.”

The two older GM boys grinned at each other, Rowoon his lips before speaking.

“Well, if she wants to and she’s going to be okay going back there, then, that’s good.”

“Still, she was a lot more fun than working with you.” Chanyeol stuck his tongue out at him, Rowoon ignored him.

“So, what do we do? About those Kims.” Rowoon asked, Changmin’s lips curled and he crossed his legs.

“What does Han want to do?”

“She didn’t say anything, but KangSan is suing the three of them, plus, Hana’s own legal team has been trailing after Minhee too.”

“I like how she’s fighting back now. Our princess is giving them a taste for their own medicine.” Changmin said happily,

“So, Han’s clear to go? She wanted me to bring it up with you two before she does anything.” Rowoon said, the two males nodded.

“Of course, Han’s free to do whatever she wants. She can break your heart to pieces and we won’t care, you deserve it after choosing that~”

“Hyung, he gets it.” Chanyeol murmured, Rowoon grimaced and looked away.

“Make sure those three won’t be able to touch her again.” Changmin finished, Rowoon nodded in reply and he stood up.

“I have a meeting in an hour.”

“KangSan must be a bit of mess right now?” Chanyeol said as he picked up his coffee.

“A bit, there was sudden change in the board. Chani’s already on it.”

“You’re still needed there. Be there for her.”

“I will be.” Rowoon said before leaving the room, Chanyeol grinned at his cousin.

“It’s nice seeing him being honest to himself, for a change.” Changmin said as he got his coffee and stood up.

“Exactly.”

 

 

 

“He comes up with the weirdest things. But it works.” Hana murmured as she stared at the shipping boat that had been converted into a sort of club, bar.

A party boat.

“It looks..unique, unnie.” Eunjung said as she walked to the girl, Hana chuckled and hooked arms with her, Chani trailed behind them.

“I know. I used to own one of these things, wait, do I still?” She murmured to herself, Chani glanced at her, curious.

“A boat? When did you buy one?” He asked as they went up the platform, security quickly ushered them in without question.

Hana paused, not knowing how to answer, Rowoon bought it for himself and put it in his name. He was going to use it to propose to Jihye. But that felt like ages ago, and now Hana felt awkward again.

“I…was just bored. You two go first.” She stated, Eunjung let go of her and went with Chani inside, Hana puffed her cheeks and opted to go up the deck. She could still the loud music from the inside and she was pretty sure that Park Chanyeol was already expecting to see her.

But then, being in a similar shipping boat made her feel weird.

“An odd setting, huh?”

She didn’t bother turn as she recognized the voice nearing her, Rowoon stood beside the girl with a drink in hand.

“I’m already tired and I haven’t gone inside yet.” She mused back, Rowoon grinned and offered his drink to her, Hana took a small sip and she pushed it back.

“Want to skip it?”

“I’d like not to have twenty missed calls from a certain GM boy, so, no.”

“You want to ask about your boat, huh?”

Hana stilled, she glanced at him briefly and puffed her cheeks.

“It’s not mine.”

“I sold it off a couple of months ago.”

“Months?” She murmured, trying to calculate the time.

“B—But that~”

“A few days after you told me what you saw, I sold it. I always was kind of listening to you.”

“Highlight on the “kind of”.” She murmured with a small smile, Rowoon chuckled and reached out hook her arm around his.

“I’m sorry if I was mean to you. I was uncomfortable.” She softly said, Rowoon’s brows rose.

“Han, it’s~”

Hana shook his arm off her, and she went into his embrace, the girl was smiling as she wrapped her arms around his waist.

“But it was also kind of difficult not having you around. So, I guess we’re even now.” She whispered, Rowoon chuckled and kissed the top of her head.

“I know.”

“Rowoon?”

“Yes?” Rowoon wrapped his arms around her as he stared at the shores.

“You were right, you can’t lose me.”

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++