041

I Want To Look At You

 

“So, that’s it?” Hana looked up from the folder.

“Yes, vice president. The final report has been submitted, president Park will need a few days to finalize everything then, the project will be released.”

Hana nodded back at the male before standing up.

“Chani’s coming by to pick me up for lunch, don’t worry about me.” Hana said as secretary Yoo followed her out of the office.

“I will accompany you down to the lobby, ma’am.”

“Did Rowoon put you up to this?” Hana was smiling as they got inside the elevator, the male shook his head.

“He left specific orders that you should always be safe, ma’am.”

“Hmm, very Rowoon.”

“Actually, he made me check on miss Eom.”

Hana paused; her forehead creased but she nodded for him to continue.

“It took me a few weeks before even finding anything on her, and the moment I showed them to him, I..I was stunned.”

“I told him what I saw, he doesn’t have to be surprised about that.” She quietly said.

“He didn’t react, instead, he just tried calling you. But, he wasn’t able to reach you back then. He told me he wanted to apologize to you. And that, he went on about how he made a mistake and he was afraid that he might never fix it.”

Hana smiled to herself and leaned against the wall.

“You see, young miss,” Secretary Yoo continued, Hana faced the male.

“I always had a feeling that my boss was into you.”

“Oh, your previous boss?” Hana said, her lips quirking up.

“I mean it, I can see it in his eyes. It’s always been you, vice president.”

The doors pinged open and they stepped out together, Hana was chatting with the male animatedly when she heard someone scream her name.

“Kang Hana! You!”

Hana gasped when someone suddenly yanked her by the collar, Kim Mingyu was staring at her with disdain as he dragged her with him. The GM Motors employees in the lobby halted and stared as the scene before them unfolded.

“You greedy .” Mingyu spat as they stood in the middle of the lobby, Hana tried to pry his hands off her but he only tightened his grip.

“You think this is funny? You think this is~”

Mingyu was suddenly yanked away from her, Hana heard a loud crunching sound and Kim Moonho’s sound landed on the tiled floor with a thud.

“It looks funny.” Chani spat as he looked down on the male, Mingyu’s blood had stained his fist.

“Hands off my sister, you bastard.” He spat before driving the tip of his shoe against the male’s gut.

“That’s for halmae.” He stated before pulling Hana along with him.

“Oh no.” Secretary Yoo blurted out as he turned to the security cameras on the ceiling.

 

 

 

Rowoon crossed his arms and he looked away from his laptop.

“Where are they now?” He asked, secretary Gu chewed on his lower lip.

“They went out to lunch, sir.”

Rowoon reached for the drawer and took out a bunch of envelopes, the other male looked on, confused.

“Sir,”

“Kim Mingyu wants to play. These are my cards.” Rowoon said as he stood up, secretary Gu picked it up and examined its contents, he halted.

“T—This~”

“Exactly, I want them out of KangSan tomorrow. I think it’s possible.”

“But everyone already knows about director Kim Moonho and his children, doing this now might~”

“Fraud. Embezzlement. Slush funds.” Rowoon recited, the latter paused.

“They’ve been stealing from this company for years, it’s time people find out. And,” Rowoon put on his coat and looked at his laptop again.

“He put his hands on her.” He said before leaving the room, secretary Gu exhaled and shook his head.

Rowoon took out his phone as he got inside the elevator, he searched for Hana’s number. His finger hovered the green icon for a few seconds, he pursed his lips and pressed it.

“Rowoon-ah,” She answered, Rowoon leaned back on the walls.

“Have you eaten?”

“Not yet. Want to join us? Chani came by to pick me up.” Hana cleared , Rowoon smiled, it was clear that she didn’t want him to find out what had just happened.

“How was your day? No hitches?” He asked, the doors pinged open and he stepped out.

“I—It went well. Sort of. Are you coming?” She asked, Rowoon saw his car being brought around the curb.

“I’ll be there in ten. But, Han?”

“Yes?”

“I saw it.”

“I had a feeling.” She mumbled, Rowoon got inside the Aston Martin and put on his seatbelt.

“Did he hurt you?”

“Why? Are you going to kick them out of their house again? Do they still even have one?”

“Do you want me to?”

“Rowoon-ah,” Hana sighed in reply, Rowoon’s lips quirked up.

“I mean it, you better be at lunch and not someplace else.”

“I’ll be there, see you in a bit, Han.”

 

 

 

“Oh, no. No, no. Make it stop.” Saeyoon was wincing as she looked away from her phone.

“Stop? It can’t be taken back.” Changmin said as he walked in his office, Saeyoon looked up from the couch.

“What?”

“Rowoon sent this,” He stated as he handed his phone to her, Saeyoon balked as she watched the video of Mingyu grabbing Hana by the neck.

“Did he send this to you too?” He asked as he sat down by his desk, Saeyoon swallowed and slowly shook her head.

“W—Well, no, b—but,”

Changmin blinked at her reaction, he took his phone from her hands and his eyes widened.

“What the~”

“I know, this is very brave of her. But, you know, Hana can fix that.” Saeyoon murmured as she glanced at the clock.

“She’s saying that Hana took Rowoon from her. She’s claiming Hana did all this so that she could use Rowoon for gain.” Changmin stated, he let out a shaky breath before giving her phone back.

“What a .” Saeyoon murmured as she looked at the photo of Jihye on the screen.

“She called Hana greedy. The very same Hana who almost signed Geon’s birth certificate, just so he’d have a mother in his documents. Do you know how…heavy the implications would have been if she really did that?” Saeyoon murmured, Changmin leaned back on his seat and closed his eyes.

“She would do that for Chanyeol and his son. Because..they’re family to her. How…How could Jihye say these things?” Saeyoon trailed off, Changmin pursed his lips and chewed on the insides of his cheeks.

“Hey, you should do something.” She turned to him, Changmin’s brows rose briefly.

“Or, Rowoon will, right? I mean, she’s talking crap about Hana. Even people are starting to believe it.”

Changmin’s lips slowly curled up.

“Well, maybe this time, Jihye will finally get what she wants.”

“What?” Saeyoon stood up from her seat, Changmin was smiling to himself as the girl sat down on his lap.

“Have you ever seen Hana angry?”

“Angry? Maybe I have, oh, that one time Rowoon lost her iPod.”

“Not like that, like really angry. Maybe it’s time Jihye meets that kind of Han.” Changmin chuckled before kissing his fiancé’s cheek.

“You are having fun with this, huh?”

“Come on, nobody listened to me when I’ve always claimed Jihye is a pain.”

“You were rude to her.” Saeyoon shrugged, Changmin raised his brows at her.

“But whatever Han has coming for her, she deserves it.” She added.

 

 

 

Chani was drumming his fingers on the table restlessly, he looked at the empty seat before him and puffed his cheeks.

After seeing all the articles released, the girl wordlessly left and she even took his car with her. And now, Chani was worried. Judging from the look on his sister’s face earlier, it was clear that she was bothered by all those rumors.

But, her reaction to it made Chani feel uneasy.

He saw Rowoon enter through the doors, and the older male spotted him.

“Hey, why are you alone?” He asked as he took his seat, Chani pursed his lips, Rowoon noticed that Hana’s purse wasn’t sitting on one of the chairs.

“Did Hana leave?”

“She’s not avoiding you.” Chani murmured, Rowoon shook his head at him.

“Have you checked your phone on the way here, hyung?”

“No, I was driving. Why?” Rowoon asked as he took out his phone, Chani grimaced and prepared himself for the older male’s reaction.

“C—Chani, th—this,”

“Noona left right after she saw that. She was on the phone with someone as she left, I thought she called you.”

Rowoon slowly shook his head, he pinched the bridge of his nose and tossed his phone on the table. Chani looked away from their table and exhaled.

“Do you know where she’s heading?”

“Hyung, I think noona’s angry.”

“Who wouldn’t be, Chani? Why would Jihye~”

“No, hyung. Not just that type of angry. You didn’t see the look on her face when she saw those articles.”

Rowoon paused, his forehead creased.

“Do you think we should back downtown?” The older male asked, Chani slowly nodded.

“Even if we rush, the damage’s been done. Your darling has probably fixed things.”

Rowoon shook his head, they walked out of the building as he tried reaching Hana but the girl wasn’t picking up.

“I just wanted to do was grab lunch with her.” Rowoon murmured as they got inside the car, Chani put on his seatbelt and glanced at the male.

“You can do that after diffusing the bomb, hyung.”

“Do you think she’ll even talk to me after all this?” He sighed as he backed out of the parking lot, then his phone vibrated in his pocket.

Rowoon took it out and Chani grinned as he saw the name on the screen.

I’m busy. Talk to you later.

You know where I am.

Stop calling. -Hana

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++