026

I Want To Look At You

 

 

Rowoon paused and turned to his closet, he crossed his arms, confused. He walked back to the room and got his phone.

He called for his secretary and the male answered after a few rings.

“Vice president,”

“About my suit, didn’t I ask to have it sent to my home?” He asked as he approached his desk again.

“What suit?”

“The one I’m wearing tonight….” Rowoon blinked to himself, his secretary paused from the other end.

“There was no suit. Doesn’t the young miss Kang usually have it prepared and send it over to you?”

Rowoon paused in mid step, the man was right.

“Correct, I must have forgotten. Enjoy your weekend.” He said quickly and put his phone down, Rowoon sighed and went back to the closet. He took out one of his simple black tuxedos instead and headed for the bathroom.

Hana usually did have arrangements for clothes when the attended parties and he always attended the ball with her. He sighed as he picked up his toothbrush, he heard his phone ring from across the room. He walked towards the device and saw Hana’s name on the screen.

“Han,” He breathed.

“I just wanted to call you before I sign these papers you sent.” Hana said, Rowoon chewed on his lower lip.

“Effective by Monday.”

“Yes. Is anything not to your liking?” Rowoon asked, he crossed his other arm over his chest.

“No, no. It’s all good. I just wanted to say thank you.”

“You can always say it to my face, Han.” Rowoon said softly, he heard Hana sigh from the other end.

“I’ll see you at the party.”

“Han, wait!”

“Look, I’m sorry if you think that I’m not hearing you out. But, trust me, I do hear you. And I know that you would never lie to me.” Rowoon said, Hana was quiet.

“But, Han, don’t do this.”

“Do, what?”

“I miss talking to you.” He stated in a soft tone, his lower lip quivered as he spoke.

“Rowoon, I don’t have a problem with you. You know that.” Hana stated, the male nodded.

“But, I don’t want to see you being with her because every time I do, the only thing that plays in my head is….nevermind.” She sighed, Rowoon ran his fingers through his hair before talking.

“How about lunch tomorrow? It’s a Sunday, and just you and me.” He said with a small hopeful smile.

“I know Chani left for Jeju this morning.” Rowoon added.

“Alright, let’s get lunch tomorrow.”

“I’ll bring us some steaks.” Rowoon said with a smile, Hana snorted before ending the call. The GM Motors executive walked back to the bathroom with a happy grin on his face.

 

 

 

Hana was looking staring at the starless sky as the Porsche sedan drove them to the venue, Jaehyun glanced at her before speaking.

“Every year I also see you attending this event, noona.”

“I do see you being forced to attend too, every year.” She said jokingly, Jaehyun laughed at her words.

“You don’t feel that way this year, right? Because, I would feel terrible.” She added quickly, Jaehyun gingerly shook his head.

“I have a feeling it might be fun, I’m going with you.” He simply said, that made Hana pause but she continued speaking.

“What was that the other day? The other side of your work?” She asked, keeping her tone light.

“Sort of.”

“Is it bad?” She asked him, Jaehyun could feel her eyes on his face before replying.

“Are you sure you want to hear it? That side of my work.”

“Only if it’s okay with you.” She let out a good-natured shrug, he grew amused.

“Noona, you’re surprisingly very comfortable with this.”

“What?” Hana asked, she realized that they were already near the hotel and she looked at Jaehyun again.

“Asking about what I do.”

“Is that bad?” She tilted her head at him.

“No. Actually, the other day I was needed at one of our…offices. It was one of our..rivals, a few of their men started ransacking the place. A fight broke out, the police had to be involved.”

“Ah, so Jung Jaehyun had to come and straighten things out.” She said with a grin, Jaehyun chuckled at her words and the car slowed to a full stop.

“Yes.”

“Wait, with the police or your enemies?” Hana blinked at him, her eyes went to the scratch on his knuckles.

“Did you get hurt?” She leaned forward to reach for his hand, but she stopped, suddenly conscious of her actions.

Jaehyun looked at her and smiled.

“It’s nothing, noona. You look really beautiful tonight.” He said before sliding down from the car, Hana puffed her cheeks. Her side of the door opened and Jaehyun had his hand stretched towards her.

“I guess it’s time to party.” He said as she stepped down from the car, Hana looked at the hotel’s entrance and smiled to herself.

“Well, this is a first.” She chuckled before linking arms with the male.

 

 

 

“You must be Jihye, right? Rowoon has mentioned you.” Mrs. Kim said with a pleasant smile, Jihye chewed on her lower lip before greeting the lady.

“Yes, nice meet to you, Mrs. Kim.”

Rowoon stood beside the girl, his eyes darting around the room.

“I must say, we were surprised when Rowoon mentioned that he’d be taking you tonight.”

“Ah, really?” Jihye nodded back, Rowoon’s father had remained quiet but he stood beside his wife with a warm smile.

“Our son usually goes with Hana every year, but it is great to finally meet you. If I may ask, where do you work?”

Mr. Kim glanced at his son, Rowoon kept on glancing at the doors, he crossed his arms, a little intrigued.

“I work for a fashion magazine, I’m a photographer.” Jihye replied amiably.

“Rowoon-ah, what are you looking at?” Mr. Kim cleared his throat, Rowoon felt Jihye’s curious eyes on him.

“Why do you seem so distracted? We’ve finally met your special lady,” Mrs. Kim let out a small chuckle, Jihye reached for Rowoon’s hand but the male had stepped back at her touch.

“I—It’s nothing, abeoji. I thought Chanyeol hyung would bring Geon along tonight, but I guess he didn’t.” Rowoon quickly fibbed, the elder almost rolled his eyes but he just nodded back.

“Wow, that’s interesting. So, you travel a lot for your job?”

“Quite so, Mrs. Kim. I~” Jihye paused when the lady’s eyes focused on something behind her.

“Oh, Hana’s here.” Mrs. Kim chimed, Rowoon turned his head just as his friend walked in, his brows went up ever so slightly as he saw the male beside her.

Jaehyun was smiling as they walked into the party with Hana looking angelic in her black ball gown despite the striking color. But what caught the young GM Motors’s boss eye was her smile as she was chatting with the man beside her. And the occasional shake of her head as Jaehyun would lean into to whisper something back to her.

“Hana, over here!” Mr. Kim waved one palm at them, Jihye’s forehead creased and she looked away.

 

 

 

“Your sister isn’t here yet.” Hana commented as the doors were pushed open for the, she looked ahead and saw Changmin with Chanyeol by the corner of the room.

“My sister was never the punctual type, noona. You know that.” Jaehyun mused back, Hana snorted.

“I do remember, we went to the same after class academy, our tutor was always waiting for her outside.”

“Noona, are…you busy tomorrow?” Jaehyun asked her, Hana pursed her lips before replying.

“I have a lunch thing, but other than that, I’m free. Chani’s out of town, so I have no one to bother at home.”

“Then, noona, how about~”

“Hana, over here!”

They both looked up and Hana spotted a familiar face in the crowd, she broke into a smile.

“Uncle,” She mouthed back as she walked towards him, and then she paused when she saw Rowoon and Jihye in front of the Kim elders. Jihye was speaking with the Kims.

Hana her lips before moving forward, she bowed politely before giving the elder a hug.

“Looking good, young miss.” Mr. Kim said teasingly, Hana playfully rolled her eyes at him.

“Auntie, good evening. You’ve outdone yourself again, I love the decorations.” Hana said, the lady scrunched her nose at the girl before patting her hand.

“I see you arrived with the Jung son.”

Jaehyun nodded and greeted the couple.

“Well, yes, it happened that way.” Hana nodded back. Rowoon turned to her and he started to lean down to greet her with a kiss on her cheek, but he felt her palm against his stomach. Stopping him from getting close to her.

Rowoon halted and Hana slowly pushed him back.

Hana was pushing him away.

“I’ll go get us something to drink,” Jaehyun said as he reached for her hand, Hana turned to him and nodded.

“Let’s go together.” Hana spoke to him, and then she turned to the elders.

“Excuse us, uncle and auntie.” She said before turning away from them, she felt Jaehyun’s hand on her back as they moved along.

Hana puffed her cheeks as they approached the mini bar, she raised her palm and looked at it. She pursed her lips before closing her hand to a fist, she glanced back and saw Rowoon still looking at her.

Hana turned away and got her drink from Jaehyun, and after that they walked towards their designated table where Chanyeol was already seated.

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++