035

I Want To Look At You

 

 

Hana got inside the elevator with secretary Gu behind her.

“Are you sure about this, young miss?”

“Don’t worry, for now, all they can do is try to spread more rumors about me. But, my resignation is already out.”

“Still,”

The girl shook her head, the doors pinged open and she was surprised to hear someone yelling down the hall.

“Do you think this is a joke? This is all your fault!” A man was yelling at Mingyu’s face as he held onto the lapels of his coat.

Hana’s brows rose up as she looked at the scene before them, some of employees were also staring back.

“We already paid you! What do you want?” Mingyu hissed, trying to keep it down while also wanting to subdue the man.

“You said it would be okay, that no one would find out! Do you know what happened? That man caught me!”

Hana moved forward, wanting to hear more.

“What are you talking about?” Mingyu to push the male off him.

“Everything’s gone now. Even the company I work for, it’s gone. And, you will be next.” The man stated, Mingyu scoffed at him.

“Look, whatever~”

“That GM boy will eat you alive, young master!”

His words made Hana halt, she felt the man’s gaze on her and then he froze.

“Young miss, I think it’s best that we go.” Her secretary murmured; Hana’s forehead creased.

“You don’t know what he can do.” He recited as he stared at Hana, the girl moved away and went back to the elevator.

“Who was that man?”

“I think…I’ve seen him before, ma’am. He’s a reporter.”

Hana glanced at the male as the doors closed, she chewed on her lower lip.

“He was talking about young master Kim.” Secretary Gu said under his breath, Hana shook her head and leaned back against the walls.

“Right?” He added, Hana didn’t reply.

“I’d like to know about that man.” She said as the doors opened, the male watched as his boss crossed the lobby and got inside her car.

 

 

 

“It…doesn’t make sense.” Chani said, Changmin looked up from the papers the younger male had given him.

“It kinda does.” Saeyoon said, they were at a private dining room having lunch together. Chanyeol remained silent on his seat.

“I got them this morning, she owns nothing of KangSan, hyung. I…I…” Chani trailed off, he sighed and leaned back on his seat.

“She transferred most of them to you, and also a generous amount to…” Saeyoon scrunched her nose.

“You know the amount of trust between those two, is…wow. They’re not even in good terms now.” Changmin mumbled as he set the papers down.

“Currently, you and Rowoon have the most shares of KangSan.” Saeyoon said as she picked up her fork.

“Why are you being quiet? It’s weird.”

Chanyeol looked up from his plate.

“Did Rowoon not mention anything to you?”

“No. Nothing.” Chanyeol fibbed, Chani chewed on his lower lip and he started eating.

“A few days ago, you know what Rowoon did?”

“Bought TV networks?”

“No, aside from that,”

“What, hyung?”

“He found the reporter who was the source of all that fake information regarding your parents.”

“He did?” Chanyeol was surprised.

“Is he still alive?” Saeyoon blinked at her fiancé.

“He is, but Rowoon….did that thing where…you know. He got angry.”

“Oh.” Saeyoon grimaced and shook her head.

“What would Jaehyun think about this?” She suddenly mused, Chanyeol’s eyes widened in realization.

“Does your sister even like him?” Changmin turned to Chani.

“Noona doesn’t really talk about those things, hyung.”

“But it is weird not having Rowoon hyung drop by the house from time to time. Noona’s been really quiet too.”

Chanyeol shook his head to himself.

“I just wish they’d make up. Rowoon doesn’t seem himself without Han.”

 

 

 

Hana exhaled and leaned back against the couch. She was already dressed for bed and had some few emails to check.

“I’m sorry for being stupid, but Han, you can’t do this. You can’t have nothing to do with me.”

“Rowoon-ah,”

“If you can’t deal with this, then I’m sorry. Maybe coming here was a bad idea.”

“Are you uninviting me?”

“No, but right now, I just have so much on my plate and~”

“I’ll always be a part of your plate, Han.”

She pressed the back of her palm against her lips and frowned. Staying mad with Rowoon was pointless, they always had their ups and downs.

But what he just did, completely threw her off.

What was he trying to do?

She shut her laptop close and noticed a pile of documents on her desk, she picked them up and realized that they were of the shipping line company.

That huge boat Rowoon bought months back. He wanted to fix it up and propose to Jihye there. Hana exhaled again and pushed it away from her, remembering what went through her mind the moment he had dropped that bomb on her.

At first, she was stunned and didn’t know what to say. And, then she felt betrayed, in fact it was probably the first time she wanted to bad mouth Jihye to his face.

But she didn’t, because she knew the girl made Rowoon happy. As long as Rowoon’s happy, she was good with that.

“And then I had to see things.” Hana murmured and lay flat on the couch, she sighed.

“Noona?”

Hana raised her palm and waved him over.

“What’s going on?”

“What?”

Chani plopped down on the floor and leaned his head on her arm, Hana smiled.

“You and Rowoon hyung. It’s uncomfortable.”

Hana stilled for a moment.

“Chani~”

“If you have to reject him, do it fast. Don’t do this to him.”

“What?”

Chani let out a small chuckle.

“This whole time, I thought you knew. It was so obvious. He's always had your back, noona. That will never change.”

"I know."

"But, really, did you not~"

“Kang Chani.”

“I know, I know. I just came here to wish you a good night. I’m happy that you resigned from that y job of yours.” He said as he stood up.

“It’s kind of your job now.” She said softly, Chani grinned and stretched his arms.

“I know, I’ll make it less y.”

“Are you okay with what I did? I mean, I realized that I never discussed this with you and,” Hana sat up, Chani turned to her and smiled.

“I know you’re doing all this to protect us, noona. It’s fine, a heads up would have been nice. But, you’re perfect, so it’s alright.”

“Ew, I want my brother back.” She said, Chani chuckled before leaning over to kiss the top of her head.

“Good night, young miss.”

 

 

 

Hana stood behind the group of directors and higher ups as they gathered outside the company’s doors.

“They’re all curious, young miss.” Secretary Seo said with a small smile.

“They think it’s Chani who’s going to arrive.” Hana crossed her arms as she looked at the KangSan people arrange themselves, her eyes landed on Mingyu. He had a small smirk on his face, but it was clear that he looked uneasy. His father also stood beside him, looking all proud and cheerful as he casually chatted with the other directors.

“They assume that my brother is an easy target. They all think he’s nice and warm.”

“Isn’t he? I mean, the young master~”

“Chani had Mingyu and Minhee followed for months. He told me via chat this morning.”

“What?”

Hana chuckled and shook her head, she leaned against one of the metal pillars and looked head on. She heard a distinct purr from the distance, and she looked ahead.

A blue Aston Martin convertible was seen rolling into KangSan’s curb, and the directors grew quiet. Hana followed their gaze.

4f5c549c1cf6d0935dca1f9e2cff55ebad273fc2.gifv

Hana bit her lower lip and smiled to herself.

“The young master looks..dashing.” Secretery Gu murmured, his senior hushed him. Hana pushed herself off the pillar just as Rowoon pulled over in front of the waiting group.

“Have the car prepared.”

“Y—You aren’t going to meet him, young miss?”

Hana glanced at her friend again, Rowoon was being welcomed by the rest of the board while Kim Moonho and Mingyu were looking on, still in shock and confusion.

“It’s fine, Rowoon can handle them.”

“Of course, he can. He finished that reporter with one swipe.” Secretary Gu commented, the other male eyed him warily. Hana paused and looked at him.

“What do you mean?”

“Let’s get in the car, young miss. We’ll explain on the way.” 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++