034

I Want To Look At You

 

 

“I’ll always be a part of your plate, Han.”

Hana halted, she looked up to meet his gaze as Rowoon stepped back. His eyes widened briefly, as if realizing what he had done,

“Hana, I~”

“You..You’ve completely lost it.” She blurted out as she sidestepped him and marched back to the dining hall, Rowoon let out a shaky breath before walking after her.

“Hana, I thought you were going to take the cake.” Grandma Kang asked as she saw the two walking towards their seats.

“Y—Yes, halmae. I asked ahjumma to cut it for us.” Hana said quickly, she picked up her utensils without speaking again.

“So, Changmin-ah, when is your wedding? You didn’t bring Saeyoon with you.”

“Saeyoon had a prior appointment she couldn’t cancel, halmae. She sends her apologies. But, yes. It’s this winter, please make some time for us by then.” Changmin said with a grin as he helped him to another serving of chicken

Hana looked at her plate and forked around her salad.

“This is and has always been the best, halmeoni.” Chanyeol chuckled as he ate some more, Geon grinned and followed his father.

“Of course, I’ll be there even if you don’t want me to.” Mrs. Kang hummed back before laughing at the two Parks.

“Why aren’t you eating, auntie?”

Hana looked at Geon and shoved a spoonful to , Rowoon’s forehead creased and he picked up his wine.

“Noona, are you okay? You said you were starving.” Chani said as he put more meat onto her plate, the girl stopped him.

“I..I just forgot that I have to make a call. Will you excuse me, halmae?”

“Is it that urgent? Don’t talk about work at the dining table.”

Rowoon diverted his gaze from the table, Changmin didn’t miss how his cousin’s jaw clenched and unclenched.

“It’s quite urgent.”

“You think no one’s going to mention your sudden resignation, darling?” Changmin said in a light tone, Chani’s brows rose and Chanyeol grimaced.

“Right, what are you doing, Kang Hana?” Mrs. Kang sighed; Hana chewed on her lower lip.

“You and Rowoon are playing again, you children.” She started to shake her head, but there was nothing reprimanding in her tone.

“I—I have to go.” Hana picked up her plate and headed for her room, Rowoon leaned back on his seat and put his utensils down.

 

 

 

Rowoon looked up as the doors opened, Jihye had called him earlier. She wanted to talk. His eyes went to the envelop on his desk. He had seen the contents, the photos and bits of screenshots from mall surveillance cameras.

Rowoon stood up and buttoned his coat.

“Rowoon-ah,”

“I did something.” He started, Jihye paused at his words.

“What are you saying?”

“I was lying to myself. Maybe, maybe deep inside I wanted her to be you. I wanted you to be like her.”

“Rowoon, I don’t understand.” Jihye reached for his hand, Rowoon’s slowly shook his head.

“I cheated on you. Maybe, I have been cheating on you.”

Jihye’s eyes widened, she took a step back at him and then her eyes landed on the photos on Rowoon’s desk.

“R—Rowoon-ah, I can explain~”

He shook his head at her and his lips.

“Did Hana send~”

“Don’t bring her into this, Jihye. Please.” Rowoon met her gaze evenly, Jihye started to shake her head.

“Rowoon-ah, trust me, the times I was with him it was all just~”

“I’m sorry, but I don’t want to continue lying to myself, Jihye-ah.” Rowoon picked up her purse and handed it back to her.

“Rowoon-ah,” Jihye stammered as tears rolled down her eyes, Rowoon looked at her and gave her a small smile.

“I guess we’ll call it even.” He quietly said before leaving the room, Jihye slid down to the carpeted floor and the photos slipped away from her fingers. In one of the frames, she could see Hana staring at them.

Jihye picked it up and crumpled the photo in her palm.

 

 

 

“Good morning,” Hana said as she walked into the conference hall, there was a lot of tension in the room because of one thing.

Just about an hour earlier, chairman Kang Heesoo had just announced her retirement and had her lawyer inform what was to happen regarding her shares and other assets that were tied to KangSan.

And of course, her position as chairman.

Kim Moonho smirked on his seat as Hana reached the center table, the girl leaned against the leather chair and faced the directors head on.

“I know everyone has questions, but my grandmother and her team of lawyers had all the necessary documents finished about three days ago. So, to answer your questions, yes, I am now currently the chairman of the company. Well, yesterday, I was.” Hana said lightly, she felt Mingyu’s gaze on her and her lips quirked up.

“You resigned, niece. I don’t think you should be sitting there.” Kim Moonho spoke.

“I’m not sitting.” Hana replied, her two secretaries remained stoic behind her.

“But, as per company policy, I am allowed to hire someone who could take on my position and do my job with ease.”

“The board has already voted on it,” One of the directors stood up from his seat.

“With you being the talk of the town, miss Kang, I don’t think you should be this brazen as to assign who you want to put on that seat. Surely, your brother would understand that.”

Hana’s brows went up, and she drummed her fingers on the chair.

“With all due respect sir, but the young miss has enough shares to veto that decision.” Secretary Gu spoke in a firm tone.

“You’ll meet your new boss tomorrow.” The ex-KangSan executive winked at the male before leaving the room.

. Hana’s lips quirked up as she heard the uproar behind the walls.

“Young miss,” Secretary Seo spoke as they padded after her.

“You two should take the day off, a new adventure awaits us tomorrow.”

“They will attack you; director Kim and his children will~”

“I can handle those three, don’t worry.”

 

 

 

“Yes?”

Chanyeol started to grow amused at the other executives’ reactions. Rowoon nodded back in reply, assuring them that they didn’t hear wrong.

“I will be on an indefinite leave.”

“But, vice president~”

“Don’t worry, I already have someone coming to take on my responsibilities.” He continued, one of the directors leaned forward on the table.

“This is effective tomorrow, sir?”

“Yes, you’ll meet your new boss tomorrow. She’ll be taking on the new project for JooIn Group too, make sure she’s up to date with that.” He said in a light tone, but everyone in the room knew he meant business.

Chanyeol smiled on his seat and crossed his legs as Rowoon continued to speak.

“The Han Oil meeting has been greenlighted; will you be sending the new vice president to talk to them?”

“Yes, I’ll join that meeting too. Don’t worry about it.” Chanyeol spoke, he stood up and announced that they all could go.

“What are you two doing?” Chanyeol asked as he walked with the younger male, Rowoon paused and the older male noticed the tension in his eyes.

“Rowoon, I just saw your email. Everything you have of GM, why is it in Hana’s name?”

“It’s something we came up with. Years ago.”

“What?” Chanyeol blinked in confusion, Rowoon pressed the elevator button on the wall.

“You’re going to get involved, aren’t you?”

The doors opened, Rowoon paused and he looked at the tip of his shoes before speaking.

“Is that a bad thing, hyung?”

Chanyeol was stunned with his reply.

“Well, no. Hana’s like family to us. I’d protect her but…” Chanyeol trailed off, trying to choose his words, he scratched the back of his head before continuing.

“Rowoon, what you’re doing…all these is just..You’re kind of sending us another message.”

The doors closed again and Rowoon faced his cousin.

“I love her.”

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++