008

I Want To Look At You

 

“So, you’re moving the opening next month?” Changmin asked as he stood up from his chair, his younger cousin had come over with a few documents that needed his approval.

“It’s the best way I could see, hyung. With the announcement about two shipping lines trying to get contracts with us just this week. We really have to push it back.” Chanyeol replied, the latter nodded and took the seat across him.

“The meeting with HanJin Oil is next week, tell Rowoon that I’d like him to be there too.” Changmin said, Chanyeol nodded back and then his cousin smiled.

“What is it, hyung?”

“At that party, I saw his girl running away. It didn’t look good, but I decided not to ask.”

“Jihye?”

Changmin nodded back and leaned back on leather seat.

“Actually,” Chanyeol stopped when Changmin’s secretary walked in the room, the male looked surprised.

“What is it?” Changmin asked him, the male simply handed his iPad to the GM Daewoo executive, his eyes widened as he read the article. Chanyeol felt his phone ping and he unlocked the device, and then he halted.

“Hyung,”

“Hana.” Changmin said, Chanyeol put his phone down and he slowly shook his head.

“KangSan will be undergoing a change of management with this, chairman Kang is retiring.” The secretary spoke quietly.

“Naturally, she’ll hand over all shares to the two grandchildren.” Chanyeol commented.

“Kim Moonho will go crazy over this.” Changmin exhaled as he put the iPad away.

“Hyung, he’ll start attacking her. We all know what he wants.” Chanyeol said worriedly, the secretary looked at his boss again.

“This will be huge mess, but that person still has a substantial hold of the company. He’s representing his wife, Hana’s father’s sister. With Chani and Hana, they have to split.”

“What’s going to happen now? We can’t let Hana lose this.” Chanyeol replied, Changmin turned to his assistant.

“Have you tried reaching Hana?”

“That’s the problem, sir. I’ve been calling her office, the young miss left without a word. No one knows where she is.”

The two cousins looked at each other.

“Get Rowoon.”

 

 

 

Rowoon closed his eyes briefly before reaching over to close his laptop. He leaned back on his seat and swiveled his chair around; he had the view of downtown Seoul before him but he felt frustrated. He thought that if he spoke to Jihye about last night, things would finally make sense to him.

But it didn’t. He only got more confused over her.

Maybe he was right, he scared her off.

He could hear his phone ringing inside his drawer and he exhaled. He loosened his tie before turning back to his desk, he was about to get his phone when his secretary walked in.

“Sir,”

“What is it?” He asked, noticing how the male seem a little confused.

“You were here all this time?”

“Y—Yes, I was. Is something wrong?” Rowoon quickly took his phone and he realized that his cousins had been trying to reach him.

“The news, sir.”

Rowoon opened his laptop again, and then his eyes doubled in size.

“KangSan is in a state of confusion now.”

“Hana?” Rowoon started to stand, he fixed his tie and grabbed his coat.

“That’s why I thought you already left, sir. The young miss has been missing since this morning.”

“What about the meeting? How did it go for her?”

“The chairman’s lawyer came to represent her. She announced her retirement, the board was in shock. But, director Kim Moonho reacted differently, sir.”

Rowoon’s brows knitted together and he nodded.

“He reasoned with that the board should at least have a say if ever chairman Kang hands her position to the young miss.”

Rowoon scoffed and shook his head.

“Cancel my meetings this afternoon. Call her secretary that I’ll go look for her.”

“Yes, sir.”

 

 

 

Hana let out a shaky breath as she put another carton of milk on to her cart. She pushed forward and made her way towards the snacks area, the girl exhaled before leaning against the cart.

“I asked for one year.” She said softly as she stared at the bags of potato chips and corn crisps.

“Surely, the chairman would not choose this child over here.”

“I mean, look at her. She’s a child still. She enjoys going out, being seen by the public eye and she can be a little reckless too. Don’t you think so, directors?”

Hana could hear her phone ringing in her purse and she ignored it as she pushed the cart, the girl arrived at the cold cuts section and found herself to be a little lost.

She knew this was coming, she could never avoid this. But she was never prepared for it, she can’t take over for her grandmother.

“Chani. Chani’s seat.” She breathed, her thoughts went to her uncle and his two children. Hana was every aware that they will put whatever plans they have for her into action now, they will do whatever they can to remove her and her brother from KangSan. That was their goal, that has always been Kim Moonho’s reason for marrying her aunt.

“It’s going to be a very bloody week.” She murmured to herself as she peered over the freezer and stared at the assorted meat.

“Oh god, I need Rowoon for this.” She blurted out.

“Of course, you always need your GM Daewoo prince for everything.”

The girl paused and she turned around, Kim Moonho’s daughter was grinning at her.

“I thought you’d be celebrating by now, why are you shopping alone, unnie? Or, should I say chairman?” Minhee smirked at her, Hana met her gaze evenly.

“Shouldn’t you be with your father now? He’s probably so worried about me and the company.”

“Why should he worry? Your grandmother may choose you, but the board would never allow that, Kang Hana.”

Hana nodded back at the younger girl, not wanting to argue with her.

“Okay, cool.”

“You’re not going to cry and run to your GM Daewoo boys and have them fix this for you, right?” Minhee chuckled and crossed her arms.

“Because that’s what you’ve always done, you always run back to them. You’ve never done anything because no one will listen to you. You’re a spoiled brat.”

“This is coming from you? One of the two children my family took in because your father couldn’t even afford to feed you back then.” Hana shot back, deciding that if the girl was going to speak like that, she might as well go below the belt. Minhee paused and her eyes narrowed.

“Don’t forget, Minhee. You’re not a Kang, we are not family. So, it’s better to stay in your lane.”

“Why? Are you going to ask your oppas to have me taken care of?” Minhee shot back, Hana met her gaze evenly.

“Should I?” Hana took one closer to her, Minhee paused at her words.

“Should I ask oppa to take care of you?” Hana said with a small smile, Minhee took a step back.

“Pick another day to get on my nerves, because right now, Kim Minhee, you’re barking at the wrong ing tree.” Hana spat before walking past the girl.


 

 

“I just got home, I can’t find her. Did she call you?” Rowoon said as he shut the double doors behind him, the lights in his foyer lit up as we walked.

“No, hyung. I tried reaching her via her phone too, I got nothing.” Chani said from the other line. Rowoon sighed and chewed on his lower lip.

“Call me if you get anything. It’s still bright out, she’s probably walking around somewhere.” Rowoon said softly, he made his way towards the kitchen.

“Yes, hyung. I’ll go check on her office again.”

Rowoon exhaled, he put his phone down and got himself a bottle of water. He took off his coat and stepped out of the kitchen, and then he paused.

There was a pair of heels right by the staircase, he rushed to the living room and halted.

“Han,” He breathed as he approached the figure lying down on the couch, Hana was fast asleep, tucked under a bunch of Hermes blankets. Rowoon rushed back to the kitchen and sent a text to Chani, informing him about Hana. Rowoon went back to the girl and gently tapped on her hand, she groaned and turned away from him.

“Hana,” He spoke softly, her face crumpled, and she opened her eyes. She stared at Rowoon briefly before opening .

“Get rid of Minhee for me.” She blurted out sleepily, Rowoon blinked at her.

“Long day, huh?” He asked softly, the girl stretched her arms and pushed herself up.

“You saw the news?”

“I did. I was also out running around Seoul looking for you.” Rowoon pointed out as he sat down beside her, Hana exhaled and wordlessly nodded while fidgeting with the strap of her watch.

“I wanted to be alone for a bit.”

Rowoon nodded back, knowing when not to press her to talk.

“I bought ingredients for dinner.” Hana turned to him, Rowoon scrunched his nose at her.

“You can watch TV while I make dinner.” He said as he stood up, Hana chewed on her lower lip before stretching her arms to him.

“What?” Rowoon while wiggling his brows at her, being playful. Hana’s brows grew knitted together, he let out a small chuckle before leaning down to wrap his arms around her.

Hana let out a shaky breath and buried her nose against the crook of his neck, Rowoon rubbed small soothing circles on her back.

“You want to talk about it?” He carefully asked.

“No.”

“Okay.” He said before kissing the side of her head as he tightened his arms around her.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++