027

I Want To Look At You

 

20XX

 

 

 

Hana groaned as she heard the doors to her room open, she buried herself deeper under her covers in annoyance.

“We agreed to meet at ten. Not seven.” She said, Rowoon chuckled and he plopped down by her feet. Hana peered over and eyed him warily, he had a Starbucks bag with him.

“I bought your favorites.” He said cheerfully as he handed her drink to her, Hana sighed and took it from him.

“What brings you here so early?” She said, she glanced at the window and noticed that the white Rolls Royce of her grandmother was already gone.

“Right, halmae just left for the airport, I ran into her at the garden.” Rowoon informed her, she took a sip of her iced latte before speaking.

“And Chani also just left for school.”

“How are you already updated with everything in this household?” She mumbled as she took out the sandwiches from the bag, she opened one of them and gave it to the male.

“I figured if I was the one who wake you up and I came with a peace offering, you wouldn’t kill me.” Rowoon said before biting into his sandwich, Hana pursed her lips, confused.

“What?”

“I know, you rarely get free days since you started your training at the company, but..you know,”

“I know what?” She asked before chewing, Rowoon scrunched his nose at her before leaning forward to brush the bits of bread off her lips.

“Jihye called and she was wondering if I was free for a picnic.”

“Rowoon we planned this two weeks ago. I made an appointment already.” She replied, Rowoon gave her a small sheepish smile.

“I know, but….you can still reschedule right? Or, I can just follow and~”

“It’s fine, I’ll just ask driver Seon to take me there.” She slid down from the bed and padded to her closet, Rowoon followed her into the room and plopped down on the divan.

“What are you wearing today?”

“Clothes.” She replied as she browsed through her sweaters, Rowoon winced.

“How about shoes?”

“Sneakers.”

“Bag?”

“Rowoon?”

“Yes?” Rowoon asked excitedly.

“Get out.”

 

 

 

“You made me miss class to join you shopping.” Chani stated as they got on the escalator, Hana turned to him with a smile. Chani shook her head and simply let his sister link arms with him.

“I was supposed to meet up with my tattoo artist today.”

“What?”

“I wanted to get a piercing. But someone bailed on me.” Hana made a face as she spoke, Chani blinked at her.

“Piercing? Where?”

“My ears. Where else?” Hana hissed as they went inside a designer label boutique.

“Why not just go on with it? This isn’t your first time, noona.” Chani said as Hana picked up a silk dress, Hana shook her head.

“He’s done this twice to me this week. Always cancelling on last minute, and yet he calls when something goes wrong with Jihye.” She continued to grumble, Chani grew amused.

“Rowoon hyung cancelled plans with you?”

“Maybe I should start cancelling him too?” She retorted, Chani waved her away.

“He says they’re off to a picnic. What is he? A toddler? Enjoying snacks by the Han River? Could you be any more of a cliché?” She rolled her eyes.

“Noona, they just started dating. She’s the girlfriend.”

“But, must they be attached at the hip too?” She shot back at him as she tossed the dress to her brother, Chani tailed behind her.

“Hyung just started working too, it mustn’t be easy for them to meet up, noona.”

“I just started working too. I had this appointment set two weeks ago, he volunteered to go with me.” She argued back, Chani shook his head.

“So, are you going to hate Jihye noona now?”

Hana paused and pursed her lips.

“No.” She grumbled as she looked at the shoe display.

“You’re just not used to sharing Rowoon hyung to others, noona.” Chani chuckled in amusment.

“I don’t own him.” She stated, peeved.

“You don’t. But, you two are the ones tied at the hip.”

“Hey!” Hana turned to him, Chani chuckled and jogged away from his sibling. The young KangSan executive puffed her cheeks and marched towards the dressing room.

 

 

 

Rowoon leaned forward as the meeting continued, his older cousin was seated beside him.

“This still needs Changmin hyung’s approval, right?” He whispered, Chanyeol nodded back.

“Yes, a report will be forwarded to him.”

Rowoon glanced at the windows briefly and concentrated at the presentation again.

“Han called me the other day, she was asking about Jeolla opening.” Chanyeol begun as the meeting ended, employees stood up to bow politely as they left the hall.

“It’s probably about the vacant lot beside the warehouse we purchased last year. It’s at Jeolla too. She wants to take a look.” Rowoon said as they reached the elevator.

“Uncle!”

The two tall males turned just as Park Geon dashed towards them, his nanny was right behind him.

“Oh, so you say hi to him first. Very nice, son.” Chanyeol mused, Rowoon chuckled before lifting the toddler to his arms.

“We were on our way home when the young master asked us to stop by here, chairman.” The lady said politely, Geon winked at his father before going to him.

“Ahjumma you can go, I’ll have to take the day off since I have an important visitor.” Chanyeol playfully said, Rowoon nodded and took Geon’s day bag from the lady.

“Can she drive herself to Jeolla?”

“I’ll come by to pick her up. Don’t worry, hyung.” Rowoon checked his phone again, Jihye had texted him earlier, informing him that she was going to finish work late.

“How is she? Her uncle get to her nerves yet?”

“I probably will drop by to see her for lunch.”

“You should. You’re always with your new girlfriend.” He said teasingly as they got inside the elevator.

Rowoon shook his head at the older male.

“Does she get along with Hana well?”

“I think so.”

“They have to. One wrong move and you might lose one of them.” Chanyeol said jokingly, the doors pinged open and he went ahead.

“Hyung, I can’t possibly lose Hana.” Rowoon mused as they walked to his office.

“I meant your girlfriend, she might not understand you two.” Chanyeol blinked at him, confused.

“Oh..right.”

 

 

 

“So, director Im is for HR, attorney Shin leads our legal team, he handles….basically everything for KangSan and our subsidiaries,” Hana continued, secretary Seo nodded on his seat.

“But, the family lawyer is attorney Yoon.”

“Yes, that’s correct, young miss.”

Hana stared at her laptop, her secretary smiled on his seat.

“Don’t worry, vice chairman. I’ll be in the room during the meeting. The other directors just want to meet you.”

“You mean, they’d like to size me up, as per my step uncle’s orders.” Hana stated, the male paused and tilted her head.

“Don’t deny it, I make sense.” She said to him, the male shook his head and stood up.

“I’ll call~”

The double doors swung open and a familiar face appeared, secretary Seo smiled to himself. He had started working for the new vice chairman two months ago and it didn’t take him too long to understand who this young man was to the Kangs, and to his boss in particular.

“Is that your new hobby? Barging in?” She asked, her tone a little sharp.

“Good to see you, hyung.” The GM Motors executive said pleasantly.

“Good afternoon, young master.” He said before excusing himself, Hana leaned back on her seat and crossed her legs.

“Hana, hi.” Rowoon said as he walked to her, he kissed the top of her head before sitting down.

“Have you had lunch?” Hana asked, he shook his head.

“I was actually hoping you still haven’t eaten.”

“I haven’t had anything since this morning. What brings you here? Not busy with your lover?” She continued, Rowoon grinned at her words.

“Let’s get lunch together, darling.” He said as he stood up and picked up her purse.

“Do you want to know what happened this morning?” She asked as she put on her coat, Rowoon looked at her, nodding for to continue.

“Mingyu has just been hired. I mean, wow.” She said mockingly, Rowoon paused, his forehead creasing,

“What?”

“I ran into him at the lobby, he was there, bragging how he already has his own office. Apparently, the directors want him here too.” She pointed out with a wan smile on her face.

“And now, I have directors wanting a private meeting before the BOD gathering next week. So, how was your day, GM?”

Rowoon shook his head at the girl before leaning down to wrap his arms around her, Hana felt his other hand on the back of her head, gently patting her hair.

“I feel like they already want to get rid of me when I just started here.” She mumbled.

“The last time they did this, they almost took the house, Rowoon-ah.” Hana stated, Rowoon pulled back to look at her.

“There’s something we might do about that.”

“What?”

“Eat.”

Hana sighed and pushed him off her, Rowoon chuckled and pulled the girl to his chest again.

“Let’s talk about it over lunch, I’m hungry.” He stated while cupping both of her cheeks, Hana rolled her eyes at him.

“And it’s not like I’d let them touch you, Han. I got you.”

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++