018

I Want To Look At You

 

 

Hana puffed her cheeks as she listlessly browsed through the channels, Rowoon was in the kitchen. He was going through the tangerines and other snacks she brought from Jeju.

The two had just finished lunch and Hana still had no idea how to talk to his brother about their grandmother. She exhaled, she put the remote control down and padded back towards the kitchen.

“I’ll drive you back when you’re ready.” Rowoon looked up from the counter as she joined him.

“What do I do?” She asked him, Rowoon paused and met her gaze.

“What do you want to do?”

“Very helpful.” She nodded back with a roll of her eyes, Rowoon chuckled, he turned his back to her and walked towards the fridge.

“If you decide that you can’t do it, Han. Then, we’ll find a way. I’m sure there is, ” He said as he arranged the items inside his refrigerator.

“A way where KangSan is protected and you don’t have to be chairman.”

“However, if you do decide to take over and become chairman, I’ll ne right behind you, Han. I’ll make sure no one gets to my grumpy lady.” He said with a small laugh, Hana’s forehead furrowed, and she looked at him. Rowoon was still facing his fridge, it looked like he was searching for something.

Hana walked towards him and climbed onto his back, Rowoon paused for a moment and let the girl wrap her arms around his neck.

His brows went up as Hana clung onto him like a koala.

“What’s this? Are you being guilty for ignoring me the whole weekend?” Rowoon asked as he walked back the counter again, with Hana still on his back.

“And whose fault was that?” She answered, Rowoon smiled and gently hooked his arms underneath her thighs.

“I know you most likely will beat yourself over this, Han. But it’s not your fault, you don’t have control over everything.” Rowoon said softly, Hana chewed on her lower lip.

“Whatever you decide on, young miss, I’m right behind you.” He stated again, Hana nodded back before leaning her cheek on top of his shoulder.

“I know.” She mumbled, Rowoon smiled and patted her knee.

“Rowoon, I—I can’t lose you, you know that, right?”

“Even if you try, you can’t get rid of me.” He snorted in reply, Hana smiled and tightened her arms around him.

 

 

 

“Hyung, good afternoon.” Chani answered the call as he drove out of the mall’s parking lot.

“Good afternoon, young master. I am just calling to inform you that the vice chairman didn’t go straight back home earlier.”

“She switched flights?” Chani paused, his sister was supposed to arrive by dinnertime.

“Yes, sir. Something urgent came up, I just wanted to inform you that vice president arrived at the airport and they left together.”

Chani nodded, he stepped on the brakes as the traffic light flashed red. He turned his head and recognized the KangSan building, he stared at the glass façade and exhaled.

“I had a feeling hyung would pick her up.”

“The vice chairman didn’t fly with him, unlike her usual schedule. Secretary Seo was quite confused when I asked him about it.”

Chani’s thoughts went to Jihye and the other night at Chanyeol’s newly opened club. His sister didn’t sound like herself that night.

“Thanks for telling me, hyung. I’ll give her call later.” Chani ended the call, he glanced at the building again and he saw Mingyu stepping out from the doors. The youngest Kang shook his head to himself. He watched as the older male was approached by a middle-aged man with a black backpack, the latter bowed as he shook his hand.

“With halmae’s retirement coming up, he’ll definitely try something.” Chani said to himself, the light turned green and he eased his foot down on the pedal.

“But, if they even try coming for her,” Chani smirked as the Audi zoomed away from the KangSan complex.

“They’re done for.”

 

 

 

“Han? Please don’t leave your wallet here again.” Rowoon called out from the living room, Hana was upstairs, fixing her hair.

“In a minute!”

Rowoon stood up and he stretched his arms while yawning. It was already getting dark out and he wanted Hana to be home before dinner. He halted when he heard a car pulling over outside, he walked towards the windows and saw Jihye already making her way towards the front door.

Rowoon paused in surprise, the door opened, and the girl smiled at him.

“I’ve been trying to call you, but you’re not picking up. Your office couldn’t reach you too.” She said as she kissed his cheek.

“Were you asleep the whole afternoon?” She asked with a small laugh.

“No, I was actually having~”

“I’m ready, can we take the Rover again? I have bags and,” Hana was speaking as she went down, and then stopped by the end of the stairs, her eyes were already on Jihye.

Jihye froze as soon as she saw the other girl.

“A—Are you two going out tonight?” She asked him.

“No, I was going to drive Hana home. She just got back from a trip.” Rowoon replied as his gaze went to Hana, she had picked up her phone and purse.

“Oh, are you busy? Let’s get dinner together, I have reservation already.” Jihye said quickly as she hooked arms with him. Rowoon looked at his girlfriend, he was about to speak but she beat him to it.

“We only have like twenty minutes left, if I knew you had Hana over I wouldn’t have planned this, sorry.” Jihye pursed her lips, Hana rolled her eyes from where she was standing.

“Han, driver Joo is outside, I’ll ask him if he can drive~”

“You said you’d drive me home.” Hana spoke as she walked toward them, she saw how Jihye’s forehead creased.

“Han,” Rowoon turned to her,

“We already talked about this. I want to be home before dinner.” Hana crossed her arms.

“Hana, can’t the driver take you instead? Rowoon and I have plans.” Jihye said mildly, but Hana didn’t even glance at her.

“I’ll wait in the car.” She said to Rowoon before sidestepping the two, Rowoon watched as Hana got inside the front seat of the Range Rover. He exhaled as he faced Jihye.

“Rowoon-ah,” Jihye was holding onto his arm.

“I did promise to drive her home, I picked her up from the airport.”

“But dinner, I made plans~”

“You should have told me earlier, Jihye. I’m sorry.” Rowoon said softly as he cupped her cheek.

“You’d rather do this, Rowoon?” She shot back at him, Rowoon paused at her sudden outburst.

“You’d rather drive her home? I went all the way here because you wouldn’t answer any of my calls!”

“Jihye, I was in a meeting this morning.”

“She’s being unreasonable.” Jihye stated.

“You should have called first.” Rowoon calmly replied before walking towards the car, Jihye watched as the Range Rover sped out of the property.

“That .”

 

 

 

Chani jogged out of the Kang house and saw a familiar male standing by his car.

“Hyung, what brings you here?” He said, Jaehyun turned and nodded at him.

“Your sister left her jacket in my study and, oh, no it’s not like that.” Jaehyun saw how Chani’s brows went up, way up.

“Jaerin noona was throwing this barbeque dinner at our house the other day, Hana noona was there too.”

“I didn’t say anything.” Chani chuckled at his reaction.

“She’s not home yet?” Jaehyun asked him as he leaned against his car.

“Not yet, noona just called and~” Chani saw a familiar Range Rover pulling over into the property, Jaehyun followed his gaze.

“Hana, I..I didn’t know she was coming.” Rowoon murmured as the car pulled to a stop.

“I said what I said, Rowoon-ah. And I’m not going to stop you from..doing what you want, I just..” Hana paused, she looked at him again.

“I already did what I had to do as your friend, and the decision will always be up to you.”

“Hana, Jihye’s~”

“It’s not like you have to choose between us, Rowoon-ah. I simply cannot be around someone like her.” Hana finished, and then she saw Jaehyun chatting with her brother.

“Someone like her.” Rowoon repeated, Hana glanced at him again and she sighed.

“Let’s not do this.” Hana simply said as she slid down from the car, Rowoon followed the girl and he halted as soon as he saw the Jung boy.

“Noona, did you move flights?” Jaehyun asked with a smile, Rowoon blinked and his eyes went to the back of Hana’s head.

Jaehyun knew that Hana was flying to Jeju.

“I had to. What brings you here, Jaehyun-ah?” She said with a smile as she reached the male.

“You left your jacket at home.” He replied as he took out a paper bag from his car, Chani glanced at the other older male. Rowoon was staring at the two as they spoke, Chani didn’t miss how the male’s forehead was slightly creased.

“I knew it. You didn’t have to drive all the way up here, I could have~”

“It’s fine, noona. How was your trip?” Jaehyun chuckled as he reached out to squeeze the girl’s forearm.

“It was…alright. Join us for dinner.” Hana said as she gestured for him to go inside the house.

“Hyung, aren’t you going in?” Chani cleared his throat, Hana paused and turned to the male.

“Oh, Rowoon hyung.” Jaehyun nodded at him, Rowoon smiled back at the male.

“Join us too, hyung. You drove noona back here.” Chani said, he could sense the tension between his sister and Rowoon.

“Eat with us.” Hana said softly, Rowoon slowly shook his head.

“I have some work left to do at home, you guys enjoy.” Rowoon said to them. He could feel Jaehyun’s gaze on him as he walked back to the car. Chani chewed on the insides of his cheek as he treaded back to the house.

Rowoon paused and then he turned back again, he walked towards the two.

“Rowoon-ah,” Hana’s eyes widened when he stopped before her. Chani was standing by the door, now he was getting worried.

“I’m going.” He said, his lips curled up slightly before kissing the top of her head, and then he headed back to his car. Jaehyun’s brows rose up and he looked away.

Hana shook her head and got inside the house.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++