021

I Want To Look At You

 

 

 

“What was that? He walked out.” Chani commented as she sat down, Jaehyun looked at her.

“Work stuff. Don’t mind him.” She replied as she took her coffee.

“You’re out and about Jung Banking.” Hana commented as she took small sips, her forehead creased briefly, and she looked at cup.

Hana put it down and Chani peered over her drink.

“I just came out of a meeting, and I needed some air.”

“Corporate life can really do that to people. Whoa.” Chani said teasingly, Jaehyun smiled and shook his head. Hana glanced at the windows and saw Rowoon’s Audi speeding away, she also saw his parents looking all confused at their table.

“Are you okay?” Jaehyun asked, Hana peeled her gaze from the windows and looked at him. Chani on the insides of his cheeks and he slowly stood up.

“I have to get back to class.” He said, Hana nodded at him.

“See you around, hyung.” Chani picked up his phone and bag before leaving them, Hana puffed her cheeks again.

“Is something bothering you, noona?” Jaehyun asked, his eyes went to the other table and noticed that the male students were blatantly staring at her bare legs.

“I’m about to take the bait, Jaehyun-ah.”

He took off his jacket, Hana paused as the male leaned over and draped it over her lap.

“Bait?”

“The thing I’ve always avoided. I’m about to take it.” She said with a small smile as she slowly pushed her coffee away from her.

“I thought you didn’t want to be chairman, noona. Why do it?”

“It’s…not that I don’t want to…I just always thought that I didn’t have to be it.” She said softly, her forehead crumpled as she took out her phone, she had received a lot of calls from work today. And of course, Jihye tried to contact her as well.

“Noona, taking over can take a toll on you, are you sure about this?” Jaehyun asked her, Hana faced him and nodded.

“But you don’t want it. Don’t do it, noona.” Jaehyun said carefully, he knew about the girl’s anxiety over her family’s company.

“Chani has a few months left till he finishes school.”

“I can’t toss him to the sharks, Jaehyun-ah. Don’t worry, I can handle this.” She smiled at him.

 

 

 

Jihye nodded at the secretary as he pushed the doors for her, she walked in the familiar office and saw Rowoon standing by the windows with his arms crossed to his chest.

“Rowoon-ah, I’ve been trying to reach you.” She said softly as she set her bag down, Rowoon glanced at her.

“I was out for lunch. What’s up?” He cleared his throat as he faced her, Jihye noticed the crease on his forehead and chewed on her lower lip.

“Did I come at a wrong time?”

“No, no. I just have a lot on my plate right now. What brings you here?”

Jihye chewed on her lower lip before giving him a quick hug, she felt Rowoon tense slightly and he gently pulled back.

“About the other day, I’m sorry if I called Hana unreasonable. I guess, I was just stunned to see her there.”

“See her there?” Rowoon asked, Jihye her lips before speaking.

“Rowoon-ah, you two spend a lot of time together alone. And, she’s always at your house.” She said, Rowoon’s eyes went to her.

“What are you trying to say?”

“I thought…I thought I would understand, I mean, you did tell me about her before we started going out. But, she’s always around you, Rowoon.”

“And it just started to bother you now? After two years?” Rowoon asked, Jihye noticed the tension in his voice, and she frowned.

“No, I…That day I just really wanted to spend some time with you. And I see her..You know what? Forget that I said that.” Jihye shook her head, Rowoon looked away from her.

“I heard about your mother’s foundation holding their annual ball.” Jihye said lightly, Rowoon nodded back. She could sense that something as bothering him and she didn’t know how to ask him why. All she knew was that she needed Rowoon to be away from Hana.

He shouldn’t be talking to Hana at all.

“Will you be going?”

“You know that I am required to.”

“How about we go together? Can you add a plus one?”

 

 

 

“Did you contact secretary Seo?” Hana asked from the back of the car, secretary Gu nodded.

“Yes, I spoke to him yesterday. He’s already waiting at the office.” He replied as the car took a left and eased into KangSan’s curb. Hana exhaled and ran her fingers through her hair.

“Vice chairman,”

Hana paused; secretary Gu was looking at her from the front seat.

“I heard about your decision.”

“I’m sure you also know why I decided to take it.”

“Yes. I just wanted to say that, you’ll do well. I know you will.”

Hana smiled and shook her head at him, the girl slid down from the car. She made her way towards the doors, but she was stopped by Jihye. Hana halted and took a step back, her brows knit together as she looked at the girl.

“I’ve been calling you. Is it so hard to pick up your phone?”

“I’m quite busy. Unlike you.” She replied, Jihye let out a small laugh.

“But you always seem to have the time to contact my boyfriend.”

“What do you want?” Hana sighed at her, she checked the time on her watch.

“I never wanted to say this, but how about you let Rowoon breathe? You’re always around him, calling him and asking for his help. Why don’t you grow a pair?”

“Are you asking me to stay away from him because I saw you clashing tongues with another man?” Hana said bluntly, Jihye flinched but she smirked at him.

“Do you actually think that he’d buy your story? He loves me.” Jihye pointed out.

“Oh my, how did you know that I already sold my story to him?” Hana said mockingly, and she grew amused as she watched all the color from Jihye’s face drain away.

“Y—You w—wouldn’t..” She trailed off, Hana chuckled, and her secretary grew antsy. There it was, that cold empty look in his boss’s eyes.

“You know, I suggest that you keep out of my way. Because right now, you so don’t want to be one of my enemies, Eom Jihye.”

“All bark but no bite, Kang Hana.” Jihye spat back, Hana titled her head at the girl.

“I wanna say all tongue but no head, but that would be highly inappropriate. But, you do you, I guess.” Hana said as she sidestepped the girl, and then she paused.

“Have fun cheating on my best friend.” She winked at the girl as she headed for the doors without turning back.

“I hope you fall of a cliff.” Hana muttered under her breath as she crossed the lobby.

 

 

 

Secretary Gu grimaced as they reached the top floor, he could sense the young lady’s anger emanating from her. And judging from the way her shoulders were hunched up and her pace growing quicker, it meant one thing.

Young master Kim’s girlfriend was really going to get it from her.

“Vice chairman,” Her other secretary stood up as he saw her, Hana simply pushed the doors to her office open and she tossed her purse away.

“That manipulative ! Now she’s saying I should stay away?!” Hana hissed as she blindly zoomed into the room, secretary Seo paused by the doorway.

“Did you hear what she said? The guts on the girl!” Hana continued to cuss, not noticing the two males enjoying coffee a few steps away from him.

“I’m going to make sure that magazine company she’s working for will~” Hana halted when a soft clinking sound was heard. Her eyes went to the two males, then to her secretary.

“I was about to tell you that the young masters are waiting inside. They arrived before I did.” Secretary Seo said carefully, Hana exhaled as the doors closed.

“I see you’re not in the best of spirits.” Changmin commented as he put his cup of coffee down. Chanyeol chuckled as he picked up the girl’s discarded Chanel purse on the floor.

“W—What brings you here, older GM boys?” She asked, trying to be cheery.

“We both know who was waiting for you downstairs, Rowoon’s darling. Secretary Seo was informed that you were in a…heated argument by the entrance.”

Hana paused before taking a seat.

“We had a disagreement.”

“Is this why you and Rowoon haven’t been talking a lot lately?” Changmin replied, Chanyeol looked at the girl.

“You do know that he’s been acting odd at work lately. He’s sometimes unfocused, we figured that something happened between you two.”

“He’s been busy. And, I have a lot of work piling up too.” Hana murmured as she fiddled with the hem of her skirt.

“So, you have joined my club.” Changmin was smirking as he sat down beside the girl, Chanyeol grew amused.

“I don’t want to be around her, oppa. And I told Rowoon about that, he…seems not to agree with me.”

“That’s a first.” Chanyeol commented as he picked up a cookie from the table.

“Are you going to tell us why?” Changmin chimed in, Hana’s forehead creased.

“She asked me stop being around Rowoon.”

“Oh.” Chanyeol grimaced, but he tilted his head.

“You two have always been close, but I guess as a girlfriend she~”

“Because I saw her shoving her tongue down another man’s throat.” Hana cut him off, Chanyeol paused and Changmin’s eyes widened before speaking.

“Kang Hana, you have always been a gift that keeps on giving.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++