029

I Want To Look At You

 

 

Changmin glanced at Hana’s retreating silhouette before facing their table again.

“You were going to ask me to leave, huh?” Jihye said as she slowly stood up.

“Hana had a point.” Rowoon replied, there was a frown on his face.

“I got here first, Rowoon. I sat down~”

“That’s her seat, unless you’re one of the founding families who started this foundation, then you have a right to be in this table.” Changmin intervened, Rowoon glanced at his cousin.

“Why? Do you want to argue now?” The older male asked, the latter looked away.

“What is Hana to you by the way? Who is she to you, Rowoon-ah? Are you okay with not having her around anymore?”

“Hyung, Hana will~”

“Come around? What if she doesn’t? What if she totally leaves you?”

Rowoon stilled, Changmin saw how the younger male’s fists curled tightly.

“Do you know what you’re risking here?”

“Hyung,” Chanyeol approached them, not liking the tension between the two.

“Or have you completely forgotten who Hana is and what she’s done for us? Because if you have, don’t drag us with you. I’d like to keep that Kangs in my life.”

“Excuse me, but aren’t you overstepping your boundaries here? Why what has she done for you? This business you have with your family?” Jihye stood up to speak, Rowoon looked away and started to shake his head.

“Ask Rowoon if it was really just about the business and we can talk.” Changmin smirked before turning his back to them, Chanyeol grimaced and walked after the older male.

“Rowoon-ah, I~” Jihye reached for Rowoon’s arm but he shrugged her off.

“Just…Just don’t talk, Jihye. Please.” He said through gritted teeth, and he saw Jaehyun making his way towards the doors. Rowoon looked away and chewed on the insides of his cheeks.

“You didn’t tell me about the dress code, Rowoon-ah.”

Rowoon stared at the girl, and then he stood up and left her at the table all by herself.

 

 

 

Hana stretched her arms as she walked into the kitchen, she glanced at the wall-mounted TV before turning it on. The girl proceeded to make herself some coffee and went to the fridge.

“Just this morning, a reliable source has released to us this report.”

Hana went through the different bread and jams in the fridge before giving up, she turned to the TV again, and then she halted.

There was a photo on her on the screen, her forehead creased as she read the big red letters at the bottom.

While, this accident happened quite a long time ago, the public was never fully aware of what had really happened. Back then, the officials only released that chairman Kang Inpyo and his wife, Jung Soohye died due to the impact of the car accident, but what they didn’t tell us was that,

Hana stilled as photos from that accident flashed on the screen, she gripped on the kitchen counter so hard that her knuckles turned white.

Apparently, that night their eldest child, Kang Hana, the current KangSan boss, she is also set to take over for the company sometime this week, she had gone out partying without telling her parents. This caused the couple to go out in the pouring rain just to pick up their daughter.”

Hana could only stare at the screen as more pictures of the accident and of her parents were being shown. Her lower lip quivered as she tried to reach for the remote control, but it slipped through fingers and landed on the floor with a loud thud.

“N—No.” She breathed and then she jumped when her phone started to ring, the girl started to scramble for the TV and searched for the power button.

“Where is it?” She blurted out in frustration as she failed to find the button, and then she slammed her palm against the screen.

“Noona!”

 

 

 

“Oh my god. No. No.” Chanyeol dashed towards the garage, he was already phoning his secretary. He reached his trusty Audi and was about to get inside when his call was finally picked up.

“Yes, sir~”

“Did you see the news? Why are the articles still up?”

“Sir, I already got in contact with the network as well as the websites,”

”And then?”

“As for the channel who released the news this morning, it’s already been taken care off. The websites have been taken down and deleted.”

“Huh?” Chanyeol stopped.

“The young master bought the broadcasting channel about nine minutes ago.”

“What?”

“And, our legal team has been taking care of all the malicious articles, that is why the websites have been taken down.”

“The websites were taken down? Not the articles?”

“Yes, they said that young master was very particular about that.”

“Wait a minute, is this Changmin hyung’s doing?” Chanyeol murmured, he left his car and walked back towards the house.

“Ah, sorry. I meant the vice president. Young master Kim.”

“R—Rowoon bought the channel?”

“Yes, the network too.”

Chanyeol blinked to himself and got inside his home again, Geon was already in the living room.

“How does it look?”

“The young miss has become talk of the town, but, we’re trying to have it controlled. KangSan has also begun clarifying everything.”

“This wont be good. Hana is set to take over by next week. Has hyung heard about this?”

“Yes, he said to let young master Kim fix this, since…well using his words, this might help him redeem himself with what happened last night.”

“That’s sounds very like him. Have the documents I asked for prepared by tomorrow.”

“Yes, sir.”

 

 

 

Jaehyun pulled Hana away from the screen and made her face him. Hana was wide-eyed as she looked at him.

“I—I…That isn’t true. I wasn’t out that night.” She breathed, Jaehyun his lips and he walked towards the screen to switch it off.

“I’ve been calling since this morning, and…I got worried when you wouldn’t pick up.” He said softly. Hana leaned against the counter and crossed her arms.

“I woke up late. Sorry.” She blurted out, her eyes darted towards the screen again.

“I saw the news too, noona. Are you`”

“I didn’t go out that night. S—something came up and t—they decided to…go out a—and…” She trailed off, her fingers were shaking terribly, Jaehyung stood in front of her and gently took her hands in his.

“They’re trying to put you in a bad light, noona. Of course, I believe you. You don’t have to explain anything to me.” He said softly, Hana’s forehead creased, and she let out a breath.

“I—I’m sorry, I just…I didn’t know they’d bring this up and…I~”

“Noona, don’t apologize. It’s okay.” Jaehyun smiled before cupping her cheek, Hana paused and her eyes focused on him.

“How about we go out to get something to eat? It’s almost lunch time.” He suggested, Hana chewed on her lower lip before nodding back.

“Yes, we should. I can’t cook anyways.” She mumbled, Jaehyun let go of her hands and nodded.

“Can you give me a few minutes to change?”

“Of course. I’ll clean up here.” He replied, Hana grabbed her phone on her way up and looked at the screen. The device was still ringing.

Rowoon

Hana put the phone aside before going into the closet.

Jaehyun picked up the remote control on the floor and put it back on the rack, he checked the coffee machine before taking out his phone.

“Yes, young master?”

“What’s going on? People are still talking about it.”

“Only the internet comments, sir. I don’t know how it happened, but the news show and the channel went off air just now.”

Jaehyun’s forehead creased but he nodded back.

“Update me if anything happens.”

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++